OGXbox.com

MakeMHz HDMI combines with 128 MB RAM

bot_1

Hey folks

It has been some time since I last posted. Hope you're doing well...

What have you been up to? 😉

I recently preordered the new version of the HDMI+ mod from MakeMhz which will arrive in july and i wanted to upgrade one of my my existing xboxes with it.

Since I'm going to solder anyway and i got some RAM chips laying around, i thought about upgrading the RAM as well. In this regard, i was wondering if there is a BIOS that supports both (HDMI and 128MB RAM). Is the MakeMHz-BIOS taking advantage of 128MB RAM? Does somebody have some experince with this? 

Thanks in advance for you thoughts!

Greetings

Bot

Hey dave!

How have you been?

Thanks alot for your reply! This is good news. I'm looking forward to upgrading my xbox witch both mods then... Just have to wait a couple of months until the hdmi-mod arrives. 😕

Grretings

Bot

Hello Dave,

can we use this patched 5003.67 even if we don't have the MakeMhz HDMI ?  I make some 128 Mb upgrade with small chineese wii2hdmi adapter after removing xbox video connector. I have also a hdmi pbc from Lukas (N64Freaks), top quality.

bye

3 hours ago, Benur75 said:

Hello Dave,

can we use this patched 5003.67 even if we don't have the MakeMhz HDMI ?  I make some 128 Mb upgrade with small chineese wii2hdmi adapter after removing xbox video connector. I have also a hdmi pbc from Lukas (N64Freaks), top quality.

bye

Here is a iND5003.67 without the MakeMhz patch but has the others.

iND-BiOS.5003.67.XISO.bin

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/8/2021 at 7:59 AM, bot_1 said:

Hey folks

It has been some time since I last posted. Hope you're doing well...

What have you been up to? 😉

I recently preordered the new version of the HDMI+ mod from MakeMhz which will arrive in july and i wanted to upgrade one of my my existing xboxes with it.

Since I'm going to solder anyway and i got some RAM chips laying around, i thought about upgrading the RAM as well. In this regard, i was wondering if there is a BIOS that supports both (HDMI and 128MB RAM). Is the MakeMHz-BIOS taking advantage of 128MB RAM? Does somebody have some experince with this? 

Thanks in advance for you thoughts!

Greetings

Bot

Would love to hear of your testing once you get your kit installed.

Mine is only arriving late August at the earliest.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2021 at 4:25 AM, RetroEmulationNation said:

Would love to hear of your testing once you get your kit installed.

Mine is only arriving late August at the earliest.

I'm going to report here, for sure. Mine will arrive in Juli. At least that's still the latest ETA... We'll see and find out. 😛

Greetings!

Bot

• 1 month later...

Hi, I have a RAM upgrade and TSOP flashed with non-patched iND5004.67.

Trying to troubleshoot the XBOXHD+ after install today, there is a permanent green light and a on/off blue light. Could someone advise what is the meaning of the blue and green led?

Thanks! 

• 1 month later...
On 7/28/2021 at 2:33 PM, Vendest said:

Hi, I have a RAM upgrade and TSOP flashed with non-patched iND5004.67.

Trying to troubleshoot the XBOXHD+ after install today, there is a permanent green light and a on/off blue light. Could someone advise what is the meaning of the blue and green led?

Thanks! 

Did you manage to figure this out?

My order still hasn't shipped... but I have a 128MB RAM Xbox as well, and have concerns with support for such upgraded boards since MakeMHZ said only M8Plus BIOS are supported.

1 hour ago, RetroEmulationNation said:

Did you manage to figure this out?

My order still hasn't shipped... but I have a 128MB RAM Xbox as well, and have concerns with support for such upgraded boards since MakeMHZ said only M8Plus BIOS are supported.

MakeMHz has a patch for Rocky's iND 5003 XISO bios for the older XBoxHDMI. But hnot for the newer XBoxHD+.

https://github.com/MakeMHz/xbox-hd-plus/tree/master/patches

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
7 minutes ago, RetroEmulationNation said:

128MB RAM compatible patch for the M8plus BIOS used with the XboxHD+ is now available :)

I've updated the BIOS in my XeniumICE chip and so far everything is working great without any game compatibility issues.

Still haven't installed the XboxHD+ kit though

Works with kit and udma5 flavor.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

It won’t work on my Samsung QLED. Have the HD+ Rev 5c, 128MB RAM, Patched M8 Bios on the Xenium…

Works perfekt on my older LCD TV but no signal on my QLED. 

Can’t get over it… always problems with the Make MHz. 

Any ideas?

Am I the only one who feels like this is a very STUPID problem to have? Isn't there a way for us to patch a bios ourselves to work with any 256k bios of our choosing?.. or does MakeMHZ have the only means of applying a functional patch to any given bios of THEIR choosing?

I'm assuming that this would become irrelevant with their upcoming Stellar chip and StellarOS. But, that's an amount of money that I know a decent amount of people will not want to pay if they can help it.

As a traditional conspiracy theorist, part of me wonders if they are hesitant to patch them because they want to encourage people to go with Stellar... Hmmmm.

• Like 3

On 10/15/2022 at 4:44 AM, Bowlsnapper said:

Am I the only one who feels like this is a very STUPID problem to have? Isn't there a way for us to patch a bios ourselves to work with any 256k bios of our choosing?.. or does MakeMHZ have the only means of applying a functional patch to any given bios of THEIR choosing?

I'm assuming that this would become irrelevant with their upcoming Stellar chip and StellarOS. But, that's an amount of money that I know a decent amount of people will not want to pay if they can help it.

As a traditional conspiracy theorist, part of me wonders if they are hesitant to patch them because they want to encourage people to go with Stellar... Hmmmm.

Seems that Stellar is going to support Titan but not Cerbios... I hope that not the case as this will result in fragmenting of an already small community.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nikeymikey said:

Seems that Stellar is going to support Titan but not Cerbios... I hope that not the case as this will result in fragmenting of an already small community.  

There is little hope these two communities will come together without a third party... for various reasons.

image.png.4ee14f050e083a568a41a6f97f1d0990.png

https://discord.com/channels/643467096906399804/748082772752728076/1026389695833321523