Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hello 

I have an X3 modded XBOX.

I've noticed a thread elsewhere  on OGXBOX mention the Origins 2TB from Arcade Punks.  So I'm giving that a go out of curiosity. I'm still trying to use MultiPAR to fix the RAR files with the PAR2 files. Then I'll jump on the torrent to finish it.

But I have other consoles and Launchbox set up so emulation isn't the main driving force, its the XBOX games and homebrew. 

I'm just wondering if there is a full 2TB XBOX games image anyone recommends or should I go with, that has all the boxes on view like I have set up in Launchbox? I current have XBMX4XBOX as my dashboard.

If I remember correctly, is there a Windows app that I can transfer the extracted images (I presume its still this way rather than copy the ISO) to the drive while attached to my PC as this would be much quicker?

Thanks in advance

Edited by AtariSoul
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

at the end of the rebuild using torrent app, you will obtain a Xbox_Origins_2TB.imgc file, this is a compressend image disk.

You will have to use HDD RAW COPY TOOL 1.10 from www.hddguru.com. Pick first imgc file, then choose the right HDD and wait the night long. Put you destination HDD in sata or external sata.

Wait and you will have the most delicisious HDD for Xbox

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/15/2020 at 12:58 PM, AtariSoul said:

Hello 

I have an X3 modded XBOX.

I've noticed a thread elsewhere  on OGXBOX mention the Origins 2TB from Arcade Punks.  So I'm giving that a go out of curiosity. I'm still trying to use MultiPAR to fix the RAR files with the PAR2 files. Then I'll jump on the torrent to finish it.

But I have other consoles and Launchbox set up so emulation isn't the main driving force, its the XBOX games and homebrew. 

I'm just wondering if there is a full 2TB XBOX games image anyone recommends or should I go with, that has all the boxes on view like I have set up in Launchbox? I current have XBMX4XBOX as my dashboard.

If I remember correctly, is there a Windows app that I can transfer the extracted images (I presume its still this way rather than copy the ISO) to the drive while attached to my PC as this would be much quicker?

Thanks in advance

The Origins image is exactly what you are looking for. 760+ OG Xbox games in that image plus thousands of emulator games from every platform imaginable. It uses Xbmc4Xbox as the dash as well. Benur75 was spot on with the app info after download.

The history behind that image after I did some reading is that it was from a guy who put it together and was selling imaged hard drives. Someone took one of those drives and dumped it using HDD Raw Copy Tool and seeded it as a torrent. I found a thread (can't remember where anymore) where the dude that created ti was pretty pissed and talking shit that it was his "stolen" work (oh the irony of a software pirate complaining about having software he stole stolen from him) and said it was an early image and garbage.

I honestly think that guy was just sour that the torrent would take business from him and talking trash because most everything I have tried to use/play works flawlessly. It is definitely worth a go if you have the patience to wait for it to finish downloading. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, VoltXT7 said:

@Benur75

If I understand right, I need 2X 2TB HDD : 1X 2TB HDD to download the Xbox_Origins_2TB.imgc file, and another 1X 2TB HDD to transfer the uncompressed "image" using HDD Raw Copy Tool, right ??

Yes that's correct

The image file and the hard drive size are about the same (1.7 tb)

I took my 4 weeks of 24/7 to download the image file.

 

Cheers

SS Dave


Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.
 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks SS Dave, your post has made me more anxious to get this image 😀

10 hours ago, VCoupe376ci said:

The Origins image is exactly what you are looking for. 760+ OG Xbox games in that image plus thousands of emulator games from every platform imaginable. It uses Xbmc4Xbox as the dash as well. Benur75 was spot on with the app info after download.

The history behind that image after I did some reading is that it was from a guy who put it together and was selling imaged hard drives. Someone took one of those drives and dumped it using HDD Raw Copy Tool and seeded it as a torrent. I found a thread (can't remember where anymore) where the dude that created ti was pretty pissed and talking shit that it was his "stolen" work (oh the irony of a software pirate complaining about having software he stole stolen from him) and said it was an early image and garbage.

I honestly think that guy was just sour that the torrent would take business from him and talking trash because most everything I have tried to use/play works flawlessly. It is definitely worth a go if you have the patience to wait for it to finish downloading. 

Thanks SS Dave, your post has made me even more determined to get this image, I have a large collection within LaunchBox but playing on the actual console and controller cannot be beaten. 

Cheers

Edited by AtariSoul
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the Origins 2tb image and the 2tb Dragons dash but I prefer XBMC4Gamers as a dash.

But you need to try it for yourself and see what you like.

 

 

Cheers

SS Dave


Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/20/2020 at 4:18 PM, SS_Dave said:

Yes that's correct

The image file and the hard drive size are about the same (1.7 tb)

I took my 4 weeks of 24/7 to download the image file.

 

Cheers

SS Dave


Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.
 

Outside of a few parts that were slow due to limited people seeding, my download was faster than many I see. On a 300mb cable connection I downloaded it in about 9 days of 24/7 downloading with no filters set that would limit me. I also had to start over once when I realized I made the bonehead move of starting the torrent on a mac which didn't have enough space and I somehow ruined the file moving it and couldn't get it to resume where it left off. Either way, well worth the download and have now used it on all 3 of the modded consoles I have.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So this sounds like something I might check into. Hopefully there will be some seeders when I get to check this out. I'd love to start downloading now but I don't have 4TB of drive space. Just out of curiosity, are there smaller images that some prefer? Like around 500GB - 1TB?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Similar Content

    • By eustachy1973
      Hi
      Could someone write step by step how to install convert xbox retail to debug? MVG video is too chaotic for me.
    • By technoob
      Looking for the best graphics games for Xbox, something I should not miss to play (but not just graphics, also balanced gameplay... nothing like Splinter Cell games for example, that has good graphics but awful gameplay)
    • By snoWoman
      I am looking for a VPN with port forwarding feature for my xbox if anyone of you guide me, is it possible with a VPN, since I found PureVPN is offering this as addon for free with one year plan and 88% discount on 5 years plan as part of their cyber Monday deal.

Board Life Status


Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.