OGXbox.com

[DL] Cerbios Bios Mirror [Updated]

sweetdarkdestiny

22 minutes ago, Valkyr1983 said:

I thought softmod was required before TSOP? I only have it softmodded because I did it years ago and it’s worked great, I just want to TSOP so I don’t have to worry about drive dying

i soldered the two points on my 1.4 and pretty sure they are bridged. Getting the error when it comes to copying files to C drive so I don’t think it’s even getting far enough

though from the main menu of this disc the “Chip:” section does say “protected”?

No, as long as even a BFM bios has been loaded (like with softmodding), by the savegame exploit, you can flash the TSOP. The softmod doesn't actually have to be installed.

I haven't done it yet. I will as soon as I get a softmod kit and am able to use Sweetdarkdestiny's TSOP flasher kit, which uses the softmod exploit but makes TSOP flashing part of the process instead of doing the actual softmod. :) You already bridged your points?

You don't need a softmod to TSOP.  And when you have a softmod already it's better to just download the bios and use xblastos from E:\apps. The softmod let very little space on c left to copy something to C and in some cases you have to disable shadow C first. 

About that protected thing. UX didn't now much chips/tsops so yeah... 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

You don't need a softmod to TSOP.  And when you have a softmod already it's better to just download the bios and use xblastos from E:\apps. The softmod let very little space on c left to copy something to C and in some cases you have to disable shadow C first. 

About that protected thing. UX didn't now much chips/tsops so yeah... 

Ok good to know protected doesnt necessarily mean my bridges arent good.

so what your saying is, I can tsop cerbios ok by copying only the actual 256kb bios.bin to C:\bios and then copying and running xblast from the E drive? 

The more automated method right on the disc seemed more straightforward but im happy to try this alternate if it'll work. I just didnt know if the TSOP flash would be successful if all the other files werent copied to C, i assumed they were required?

2 hours ago, Valkyr1983 said:

so what your saying is, I can tsop cerbios ok by copying only the actual 256kb bios.bin to C:\bios and then copying and running xblast from the E drive? 

The more automated method right on the disc seemed more straightforward but im happy to try this alternate if it'll work. I just didnt know if the TSOP flash would be successful if all the other files werent copied to C, i assumed they were required?

That's right.

I didn't though about softmod users (Shame on me). So the next build 005 will have the option for softmod users. I add it for XBlast and Evox (Or better, I already have done it but the build isn't online just yet).

4 minutes ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

That's right.

I didn't though about softmod users (Shame on me). So the next build 005 will have the option for softmod users. I add it for XBlast and Evox (Or better, I already have done it but the build isn't online just yet).

No no no, its not your fault at all didnt mean to imply that, I just saw this disc and thought wow this looks so much easier than other ways to flash TSOP!

Ill give this alternate a shot tonight after work! Mind me asking though, what all the files being copied to C drive are for if they are not needed? Does not having these mean I wont get the cool cerbios boot animation at startup and all that jazz?

thank you for all your work on this and answering my probably stupid questions!

Edited by Valkyr1983

There're no stupid questions, just stupid answers. 

The flasher copies over the boot animations and XBlastOS folder along with the cerbios.ini. All of these aren't necessary in the first place meaning, the bios will still boot c:\evoxdash.xbe even without the ini since it's hardcoded to the bios.

However, after you flashed the bios you still need to setup your C drive for the TSOP and remove the Softmod. Bestway to do it it to use the OGXBox Installer and just setup C&E. F&G in that case will not be touched and you don't lose any game. 

The boot anymations and ini file can then be copied after that to C. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

There're no stupid questions, just stupid answers. 

The flasher copies over the boot animations and XBlastOS folder along with the cerbios.ini. All of these aren't necessary in the first place meaning, the bios will still boot c:\evoxdash.xbe even without the ini since it's hardcoded to the bios.

However, after you flashed the bios you still need to setup your C drive for the TSOP and remove the Softmod. Bestway to do it it to use the OGXBox Installer and just setup C&E. F&G in that case will not be touched and you don't lose any game. 

The boot anymations and ini file can then be copied after that to C. 

ah ok! Any reason that FatXplorer beta wouldnt work too? I have that installed on my PC already, and found a "Clean C and E" partition setup. The plan was to TSOP flash, then remove drive hook up to PC format the drive and copy over clean partitions.

Sounds like at that point I could then copy over the bootanim and other stuff, the cerbios.ini to root of C and the dashboard I was going to use (in this case - UIX Lite)

Ok so update, I got your disc to work using the fully automated method!

I ran the JCrocky5 extras disc which has TSOP flasher built in, evom8+. When flashing using that tool after the flash is done, it does a full cleanup and removal of the C drive. The issue was apparently softmod uses ShadowC to prevent people messing with it and chews up a bunch of space. After that was done I had almost the full 500MB on C drive. 

Popped your disc back in and it ran perfectly!

• Haha 1

OGXBox Cebios Flasher Disc v2.3.1 build 005 (02.07.2023)

https://1fichier.com/?nafl8uavdd8hfxglufh7
https://mega.nz/file/MAV1hb4L#8dGhU-twStHhop0DqZN5d3l2h_DA3N8vD-Dt6M4ZOn4

02.07.2023 - v2.3.1 build 005

Added an option to flash the TSOP for Softmod users. No need to disable anything before or such. Just flash your TSOP right away.
Added Lates release of Team Resurgents Pandora V1.0.6
Added Lates release of Team Resurgents Repackinator 1.3.3
Added the option to switch to a StaticIP version in case you 
need it for FTP. 

Some minor fixes and improvements.

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

02.07.2023 - v2.3.1 build 005

Added an option to flash the TSOP for Softmod users. No need to disable anything before or such. Just flash your TSOP right away.

Does this also remove the softmod files after the flash and put the ini and BootAnims folder on c?

35 minutes ago, Dempsey_86 said:

Does this also remove the softmod files after the flash and put the ini and BootAnims folder on c?

If you have a softmod running and use the option "6. Flash Cerbios 4 Softmod Users." it will format C to get rid of shadow partition and it also set's the partition up the C partition along with it a temp dash. And since there isn't a xbox to setup the HDD in cerbios format thats all what it does atm. And yes, cerbios.ini and BootAnim will be copied as well to C. :)

However, E will stay untouched. Main reason is that I don't want to mess with the users files just to flash a bios (Game saves or anything else the user has on there). Remeber it's a flasher and until there shows up an app to setup a Cerbios HDD on the XBox, it will stay remain that way. So the user can and should decide whats next. There is a Welcome - Read Me in the temp dash which explains what he can and should do. Below 2TB use the OGXBox Installer. Above use Eatons FatXplorer. 

There is also the possibility that the user switch the HDD and may add an SATA adapter after the initial flash. So keeping this here simple or better to say basic as possible I a good thing imo - at least for now.  

Edited by sweetdarkdestiny
fixed at least some typos.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 months later...
28 minutes ago, Halo_2 said:

Does it matter what UDMA you flash to the bios...

I have a modded xbox but modchip only if I flash UDMA5 will it shit itself ?

• If you have an IDE HDD with stock 40 wire cable - UDMA2
  • If you have an IDE HDD with 80 wire cable - UDMA4
  • If you have an SATA HDD with 80 wire cable and cheapo SATA adapter and 80 wire cabel - UDMA4
  • If you have an SATA HDD with 80 wire cable and an SATA adapter that has a Marvel controller on it - UDMA5
  • If you have an SATA SSD with 80 wire cable and cheapo SATA adapter - UDMA4 (MAYBE UDMA5 works)
  • If you hace an SATA SSD with 80 wire cable and SATA adapter that has a Marvel controller on it - UDMA6

If you flash a UDMA5 bios and you have just a stock HDD with 40 wire cable, you can trigger the save mode by starting the console with the eject button. That will trigger UDMA2 and you be able to reflash a lower UDMA mode. For normal however the bios will reboot it self into lower UDMA mode after displaying a massage which informs you what may gone wrong. ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks to whoever made the Cerbios flash dvd, made flashing the Aladdin chip simple as.

When my 'halo combat pack' arrives im going to install a openxenium chip but when it comes to flashing is it the same as the Aladdin chip but I choose xblast os then 256KB off the DVD ?

Edited by Halo_2

42 minutes ago, Halo_2 said:

Thanks to whoever made the Cerbios flash dvd, made flashing the Aladdin chip simple as.

My pleasure. 

44 minutes ago, Halo_2 said:

When my 'halo combat pack' arrives im going to install a openxenium chip but when it comes to flashing is it the same as the Aladdin chip but I choose xblast os then 256KB off the DVD ?

You don't need this DVD to flash your OX. You can flash the OX in the OX GUI via FTP or from HDD. 

• 1 month later...
On 9/25/2023 at 7:40 AM, sweetdarkdestiny said:

My pleasure. 

You don't need this DVD to flash your OX. You can flash the OX in the OX GUI via FTP or from HDD. 

Do I need to do anything to the Cerbios ISO to run it or for it to appear for Rocky5 eeprom flash app to recognise it, or do I just run the ISO as an app after altering it some other way?

On 9/22/2023 at 11:14 PM, sweetdarkdestiny said:
  • If you have an IDE HDD with stock 40 wire cable - UDMA2
  • If you have an IDE HDD with 80 wire cable - UDMA4
  • If you have an SATA HDD with 80 wire cable and cheapo SATA adapter and 80 wire cabel - UDMA4
  • If you have an SATA HDD with 80 wire cable and an SATA adapter that has a Marvel controller on it - UDMA5
  • If you have an SATA SSD with 80 wire cable and cheapo SATA adapter - UDMA4 (MAYBE UDMA5 works)
  • If you hace an SATA SSD with 80 wire cable and SATA adapter that has a Marvel controller on it - UDMA6

If you flash a UDMA5 bios and you have just a stock HDD with 40 wire cable, you can trigger the save mode by starting the console with the eject button. That will trigger UDMA2 and you be able to reflash a lower UDMA mode. For normal however the bios will reboot it self into lower UDMA mode after displaying a massage which informs you what may gone wrong. ;)

... I've just been flashing UDMA 6 with my platter HDDs and startechs and it works perfectly Sweet. :) No SSD necessary!

• 2 months later...
On 6/16/2023 at 7:55 AM, SS_Dave said:

UDMA 2, 4, 5, 6 is referring to the data speed from the hard drive to the main board

A stock Xbox is UDMA2 (33.3mb/s)

A cheap sata2ide will work with UDMA4 (66mb/s)

A Startech sta2ide will work with UDMA5 (100mb/s)

And a Startech and SSD or a good quality HDD can run the UDMA6 (133mb/s)

What's considered a quality hdd to pair with UDMA6? CMR variants like the 7200rpm WD Black 4TB or the 5400rpm WD Blue 4TB

I just found out about CMR vs SMR. I've been using the WD20EZBX lately and it feels fine so far as an SMR, but I haven't played any games yet, just setting up the hdd so far. If that 5400rpm hdd does work well with the xbox, will UDMA6 cause issues with its slower rpm? I understand its experimental, just trying to learn.

Should I stay away from 5400rpm hdd's in the future, even if they are CMR?

1 hour ago, NokSueCow said:

What's considered a quality hdd to pair with UDMA6? CMR variants like the 7200rpm WD Black 4TB or the 5400rpm WD Blue 4TB

I just found out about CMR vs SMR. I've been using the WD20EZBX lately and it feels fine so far as an SMR, but I haven't played any games yet, just setting up the hdd so far. If that 5400rpm hdd does work well with the xbox, will UDMA6 cause issues with its slower rpm? I understand its experimental, just trying to learn.

Should I stay away from 5400rpm hdd's in the future, even if they are CMR?

I use WD Blue drives. Always work right off the rip and are nice and fast. Never had a single issue with a single drive. Always go straight to UDMA-6. I wouldn't mess with 5400RPM.

Everything else has been inconsistent, especially white label drives. Seagate Barracudas have given me issues, too.

21 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

I use WD Blue drives. Always work right off the rip and are nice and fast. Never had a single issue with a single drive. Always go straight to UDMA-6. I wouldn't mess with 5400RPM.

Everything else has been inconsistent, especially white label drives. Seagate Barracudas have given me issues, too.

If you go up to 2Tb on the western digital blue I think it’s only 5400rpm. I haven’t had any problems with the Blue 5400rpms though. 

28 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Indeed it does. Lol. Guess I was incorrect.

Maybe it’s just the newer versions of the 2Tb then. I know I’ve seen a bunch recently that were only available at 5400. That does make me feel better since I could’ve sworn some of the 2Tb Blues I bought six months ago were 7200rpm. I knew I wasn’t imagining that. Lol

1 hour ago, Thairanny said:

As anyone tried Seagate Constellation drives? They are server grade and pretty cheap on Newegg.

Tried a few - I mainly use the Seagate 4TB baracuda 3.5s (I haven't kept count but between me and client send ins we have orderd about 300 of these  with  100% success but they keep going up in price from $65 they are now $85)

UDMA6 and UDMA5 work fine on these