OGXbox.com

MakeMHZ project stellar

ShinGoutetsu

The coolest thing i noticed is the UDMA speed option for hard drive this is actually the only advantage cerbios had to evox and ind bios so they essentially have made cerbios useless which is good cause that bios is pretty sketchy

hmm interesting comment under the video :D

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, lopenator said:

https://youtu.be/QFEIG-ANGrg

I do apologize for x2 post. I wasn't allowed to edit my previous. not sure why

You have about an hour to edit your post. After that, it's set in stone. :)

Edit: Oookaaaay. I am suddenly able to edit posts that are several days old. I question everything now... Especially that Cerbios can be rendered useless so easily 😡

23 minutes ago, coldasijs said:

hmm interesting comment under the video :D

Making Cerbios useless from a slight UDMA speed increase is impossible.

Who the HELL is saying this?

I apologize for all the double posts lately. I'm on my phone and I can't seem to edit other posts into my already-existing posts. Can only do it the first time around. After that I have to do another post! Lame...

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Making Cerbios useless from a slight UDMA speed increase is impossible.

Who the HELL is saying this?

And haven't CERBIOS also just cracked UDMA6? Whereas Stellar is (and others are) up to UDMA5. I'd hardly say CERBIOS is useless at all! Sure, Dustin might bring UDMA6 to Stellar, but CERBIOS is well-and-truly still pioneering! Can't imagine what Dustin is going to do with his proprietary compressed ISO format that will be any better than CERBIOS' (if really even any different)... roflmao at CERBIOS being "useless"

• Thanks 3

13 hours ago, COO-589 said:

And haven't CERBIOS also just cracked UDMA6? Whereas Stellar is (and others are) up to UDMA5. I'd hardly say CERBIOS is useless at all! Sure, Dustin might bring UDMA6 to Stellar, but CERBIOS is well-and-truly still pioneering! Can't imagine what Dustin is going to do with his proprietary compressed ISO format that will be any better than CERBIOS' (if really even any different)... roflmao at CERBIOS being "useless"

And Cerbios wasn't funded by HD+ money. As far as I'm aware, Cerbios wasn't funded at all. And the HD+ was powered by ONE supported bios only because, you know, all the other bioses were just sooo illegally coded compared to evox or whatever the hell they picked and they just couldn't morally support another bios.🫨... Especially 22 years after the Xbox's release when MS couldn't give less than a shit about a bios being developed for their obsolete console. Lol, come on Dustin. Even if I believed for a second that that was the actual reason (which I obviously don't), the modding scene was BUILT on rebellion and sticking it to the man. Just look at Xecuter and all the bioses that were coded and chips that were developed. You think MS sanctioned that shit? If it weren't for them, where would we be right now? We wouldn't even have started. Dustin sounds like a fuckin' PUSSY.

I would only use Stellar, BEGRUDGINGLY, for the supposed future 1.4ghz support. That's the only thing that's impressed me so far... And that's a CLAIM for the time being. As well as the 256mb of RAM. But MakeMHZ has pissed me off so much at this point, I don't know if I ever want anything to do with their products. All they've actually managed to do with Stellar is to split the scene more and more with every development. Every step shows that they are all about themselves and not the scene. Every new feature inherently excludes an entire section of hardworking people and products/developments that we all use. People trying to make things better and cooler for all of us.... Most of the time for no profit. Well FUCK that shit. For me, it's Cerbios and whatever else comes down NON-shady channels. 

How about a new modchip that supports all existing tech and then continues to add to it instead of walling everything off because you want a piece of that niche pie? What a Stellar waste of an opportunity. I truly do wish I had money to invest in a competitive product line that involves everybody who's worked their asses off to contribute to this scene. A legitimate competitor to MakeMHZ. I would rather invest and intentionally lose money to make this right than sit on my ass and just watch this happen.

Dustin, Dude, What the FUCK are you doing, man?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm happy Team Cerbios exist. It's the only free option for modern features of the old xbox. I'm not saying I will never buy a stellar, but if I do it will only be one. I cant imagine that I buy a stellar for all my 10 consoles, lets not even talk about my x3 consoles. I want to keep them fully x3. With cerbios I can do this, with stellar not. I have one xbox with hd+ installed and its never used because I want to use cerbios on it, it works in parts but not all games can run this way (like pal only games ect) 

• Like 3

I won't be rushing out to get another Stella chip.

I don't understand why he won't support a cerbios formatted HDD and why he can't have the user select where to look on the HDD for the main dash you plan on using instead of using E:\dashboard\

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Like 3

I'd just love either a competitor for the HDMI kit, or a patch for CERBIOS for the old HDMI kit, then I'd be happy enough without Stellar. I'm in absolutely no rush at all to cave and get a Steller kit and hope I can live without one once it's "out of Beta".

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

I don't understand why he won't support a cerbios formatted HDD and why he can't have the user select where to look on the HDD for the main dash you plan on using instead of using E:\dashboard\

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

He won't support it, because he views Cerbios (to be used with basically any chip, no matter how shitty, or TSOP) as a competitor... Especially because it's free. :) That's one of the reasons he publicly slams it for using MS code, as he is prone to do, since that's the only excuse he's been able to come up with that he thinks people might believe.

That's why Cerbios won't be patched to support the HD+. He wants people to use HIS bios, and thus HIS chip... Which costs over 100 damn dollars, well over what any other chip in production costs. @SS_Dave@COO-589

• Like 4

On 6/8/2023 at 3:50 PM, SS_Dave said:

Cheers

SS Dave

Wow. The second half is news to me.

5 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Wow. The second half is news to me.

The dash you want to load has to be in E:\dashboard

I have also tested a Xbox 360 wired controller and a Xbox one wired controller connected direct to the game port and no go but both worked via a OGX360 wired. Unless I need a MakeMhz brand game port to USB.

I have been told they used to work but after the last update that option was removed.

Cheers

SS Dave

• Confused 1

On 6/8/2023 at 6:50 PM, SS_Dave said:

Cheers

SS Dave

it's my understanding that eventually there are plans to be able to put the dash wherever you want. it's just disabled right now.

37 minutes ago, lopenator said:

it's my understanding that eventually there are plans to be able to put the dash wherever you want. it's just disabled right now.

Well, I'm glad he's willing to do that, and I hope he follows through, but will he add support for Cerbios since everyone is using it? Does he yet support standard hard disk drive layouts and partitions? I sure hope this goes somewhere productive and that Dustin sees the criticism that's being lobbed his way. It's well founded and he would do well to listen to it. Seems like he may be beginning to do so. But only time will tell.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Well, I'm glad he's willing to do that, and I hope he follows through, but will he add support for Cerbios since everyone is using it? Does he yet support standard hard disk drive layouts and partitions? I sure hope this goes somewhere productive and that Dustin sees the criticism that's being lobbed his way. It's well founded and he would do well to listen to it. Seems like he may be beginning to do so. But only time will tell.

yeah I don't know man.im in the discord so I'm just relaying some information from there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, lopenator said:

Maybe he has already copped some shite of this and I don't understand he reasoning for not having from version 1.0.0 firmware.

Cheers

SS Dave

• Like 2

On 6/9/2023 at 9:07 AM, COO-589 said:

I'd just love either a competitor for the HDMI kit, or a patch for CERBIOS for the old HDMI kit, then I'd be happy enough without Stellar. I'm in absolutely no rush at all to cave and get a Steller kit and hope I can live without one once it's "out of Beta".

citrus3000psi from black-dog.tech was developing a digital HDMI for the Xbox that replaced the network connector and it included WiFi connection in place of the Cat5 10/100 connection. I saw a post about 2 or 3 weeks ago stating that it was still going ahead and was close to happening.

https://twitter.com/citrus3000psi/status/1292497353258172417

Cheers

SS Dave

• Thanks 4

14 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

citrus3000psi from black-dog.tech was developing a digital HDMI for the Xbox that replaced the network connector and it included WiFi connection in place of the Cat5 10/100 connection. I saw a post about 2 or 3 weeks ago stating that it was still going ahead and was close to happening.

Cheers

SS Dave

Oh wow, that's a different approach!

Compromise again, though. It hurts my OCPD not being able to have everything I want without having to forego something...

I'm 100% a wired over wireless where possible person, and especially in cases where you don't want any additional latency such as for online gaming (or the stable connection for FTP without additional potential for losses).

WiFi technology is great these days and all (wonder if it's Wireless- N or AC or AX / WiFi "5"/"6"/"7"), but I'd rather ditch the analogue video output for the digital video option as I wouldn't be going back to analogue (adding WiFi as a separate product would make more sense than having to choose between a wired or wireless network connection and video output options)...

Thanks heaps for the heads up though and I'll definitely be keeping an eye on it!

Edited by COO-589

7 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

Cheers

SS Dave

That's REALLY good news Dave. It beats soldering an entire wireless game adapter into the casing! I would love to see another HDMI option as well!

Cool. :)

--------------------------

OG XBOX UPDATE:

There will be two options:

HDMI in the existing LAN port and xbox LAN functions will be bridged to wifi.

OR

HDMI in the existing LAN port and a separate LAN jack will be adjacent to the HDMI. This will require cutting of the original shell.

_---------------------+++

... HDMI IN the existing LAN port? As in, it will replace the LAN jack? And leave the AV port intact?

8 hours ago, COO-589 said:

I'm 100% a wired over wireless where possible person, and especially in cases where you don't want any additional latency such as for online gaming (or the stable connection for FTP without additional potential for losses).

I was anti wireless as well back when he initially posted this as the wired network was mainly for FTPing games to the new HDD but now with Fatxplorer V3.0 Beta and Cerbios you would have to be crazy to try and fill a 2tb plus HDD using FTP.

For me the only need of a network connection is for updating the Clock, Xbmc4gamers and the like.

Cheers

SS Dave

11 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

Cheers

SS Dave

The Tweet you posted the link to is very old:

11:25 AM · Aug 9, 2020 from Indianapolis, IN

There are two more recent Tweets from people, one in 2021 and another in 2022, asking if there was any progress on the project. There were no replies.

Is there a newer tweet you meant to link to?

11 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

The Tweet you posted the link to is very old:

11:25 AM · Aug 9, 2020 from Indianapolis, IN

There are two more recent Tweets from people, one in 2021 and another in 2022, asking if there was any progress on the project. There were no replies.

Is there a newer tweet you meant to link to?

https://twitter.com/Eduardov94/status/1625178691373350923

Cheers

SS Dave

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I saw the other post as well about the two options - one with a cut-out to be made next to the original ethernet port (which will be replaced by the HDMI port) that you solder the ethernet port back onto the board and set up jumpers to retain wired instead of going WiFi, and I'm loving that it will be an option even if it's not as clean as I'd like by replacing the analogue video output with a no-cut mod and just leaving the ethernet port untouched - although I suppose the analogue port could still be removed and then a no-cut mod made-up for the analogue port with an ethernet port there instead that's just got a bit of cable run to the new PixelFX board instead...

I don't actually know enough about these mods yet, but I'm wondering about BIOS and patching requirements for it (especially for v1.6) although I'm sure time will tell.

I'm much more excited about this than Project Stellar and much happier to support Dan/PixelFX than Dustin/MakeMhz

• Like 2