OGXbox.com

MakeMHZ project stellar

ShinGoutetsu

I have also found out that xbmc4gamers will not use the full 128meg ram and apparently that will get fixed soon with yet another update!

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

I have also found out that xbmc4gamers will not use the full 128meg ram and apparently that will get fixed soon with yet another update!

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

What do you mean by that? While testing my XBMC I created some memory leak by accident and Xbox crashed once 128MB of RAM was occupied.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, antonic901 said:

What do you mean by that? While testing my XBMC I created some memory leak by accident and Xbox crashed once 128MB of RAM was occupied.

With project stellar.  128Mb of ram is not supported currently.  Everything outside of PS will only see 64Mb for now

22 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Okay now I'm confused. What do you mean? Shouldn't some xbes be patched to allow for 128mb usage?... XBMC being one of them?

He's saying Project Stellar and 128mb isn't turned on yet.  Dustin said next update would have it and be huge with other features turned on.  New update came out and it was minimal.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Donnie-Burger said:

He's saying Project Stellar and 128mb isn't turned on yet.  Dustin said next update would have it and be huge with other features turned on.  New update came out and it was minimal.

Stupid me hahahahahah

25 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Okay now I'm confused. What do you mean? Shouldn't some xbes be patched to allow for 128mb usage?... XBMC being one of them?

No, XBMC check how much physical memory is available on startup and thats all. There is couple of lines in Application.cpp which checks how much physical memory is available.

Edited by antonic901
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

When using cerbios on a version 1.1 when I check the info page is reports 97meg free and the same Xbox with Stella I get 33meg free

With the Stella chip

xbmc4gamers-Stella-chip.jpg

With Cerbios 

xbmc4gamers-cerbios.jpg

Cheers

SS Dave

19 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

When using cerbios on a version 1.1 when I check the info page is reports 97meg free and the same Xbox with Stella I get 33meg free

With the Stella chip

xbmc4gamers-Stella-chip.jpg

With Cerbios 

xbmc4gamers-cerbios.jpg

Cheers

SS Dave

Okay, so NO bios truly supports 128mb? Or no software? Then how do the chihiro games run? I've been so emotionally bitch slapped, I can't even fall asleep... This cannot be true...

1 hour ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Okay, so NO bios truly supports 128mb? Or no software? Then how do the chihiro games run? I've been so emotionally bitch slapped, I can't even fall asleep... This cannot be true...

Cerbios and patched Ind 5003 both support 128meg ram

most games don't support the extra ram unless you patch each game, chihiro will use all available ram.

Cheers

SS Dave

7 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

Cerbios and patched Ind 5003 both support 128meg ram

most games don't support the extra ram unless you patch each game, chihiro will use all available ram.

Cheers

SS Dave

Okay so now that I'm not freak-out mode, lol, I am aware that Cerbios and patched ind are supposed to support 128MB. But I do know that stock game XBEs will not use it when patched, since they do not use the XDK environment overhead that it was designed for unless they are run in an XDK debug environment and coded to make use of it. But things like Linux, emulators, etc, if they're not already patched I think they CAN be, correct? This would benefit emulators like the N64 which does have some problems and sometimes loads slowly because it has the basically cache the ROM to the HDD since big roms won't fit in memory.

Even if a retail game is patched, anything other than the beta version or alpha is not going to make use of 128MB, and even if it were patched, it would only be to make room for the development environment, not for more game code... At least as far as I know. Do I have that right, Dave?

@Dempsey_86

24 minutes ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Halo does use it when patched in 720p.

Dude my face is ALL OVER the front page... Well, Johnny 5's face. This kind of scares the shit out of me... But I can't stop.

So Halo automatically uses 128 at 720? I've used Halo 720 exclusively on 64MB... Does it have to detect it first? If so, what is the point if it already does it on 64 megs? I think I've only had Halo 720 crash once from the frame buffer running out. Other than that, it's been a smooth experience on 64mb

10 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

So PS is essentially a kernel replacement.  So other programs can only see what the kernel lets them see.   New update coming this week. ::fingers crossed:: 128 is in the update.   But I think it’s a few fixes 

Edited by Dtomcat18
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dtomcat18 said:

So PS is essentially a kernel replacement.  So other programs can only see what the kernel lets them see.   New update coming this week. ::fingers crossed:: 128 is in the update.   But I think it’s a few fixes 

Yeah pretty much.  My $7 aladdin can do 128MB.  Just saying haha.  I'm sure Dustin will deliver and make Stellar Stellar.

20 minutes ago, Donnie-Burger said:

My $7 aladdin can do 128MB.  

7,- bucks. Damn Donnie you're ritch, I mean Ritchy Ritch ritch. So 7 is way over my budget but, I have some of those from a "get 10 for 5,-" deal and all can do 128MB - > https://imgur.com/a/mBFbIZj

;)

15 minutes ago, Dtomcat18 said:

Wonder what happened to emojis?!?!

Mabey Snappy already used all of them so there are no more for us. :D 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

I think they support 128mb and the figures that Dave posted are the REMAINING memory available. Well the 97mb on the Cerbios screenshot is anyway. Obviously with Stellar its yet another thing that is broken or not yet activated in the OS. 

2 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Halo does use it when patched in 720p.

Only if the xbe is patched......

1 hour ago, Dtomcat18 said:

Stellar OS is so full of missing advertised features its laughable. 

• Haha 1