OGXbox.com

RF Shielding, what do you do with yours?

nikeymikey

If they are in poor shape I sand and paint them

I have been repairing electronics for 40 plus years and have seen all sorts of erratic behaver from poor grounding and missing shields

I get annoyed when people say M$ put the shield there just because of FCC regulations.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

If they are in poor shape I sand and paint them

Have you sanded the clear cases down? I have one that’s yellowed a tad, trying to find a good way to make it crystal clear again. It’s gone through a thorough wash/iso bath and still discolored. 

On 6/20/2023 at 8:51 PM, Bowlsnapper said:

Edges were all rust.

Sorry for all the posts... There's a 4mb limit...

@OGXbox Admin Is that limit there to help keep server space free? Do we need it at 4mb? Or is it just a leftover default from inception? :) Cuz all I end up doing is making separate posts, but I might be the only crazy asshole to do so. Lol

Compress_20230620_174341_1193.jpg

What would you like the limit to be?

17 minutes ago, OGXbox Admin said:

What would you like the limit to be?

Hell, not up to me! I guess 6mb would help make room for the larger photos that are taken in the sun( those tend to be larger). Not all smartphone pics make it under 4mb, some exceed that. The sizes vary. I would love to have room for DSLR photos 15mb, and it would cut down on multiple posts for phone pics. But you have finite server space and that's not realistic. So if you truly are considering an increase, I would say to 6mb.

16 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Hell, not up to me! I guess 6mb would help make room for the larger photos that are taken in the sun( those tend to be larger). Not all smartphone pics make it under 4mb, some exceed that. The sizes vary. I would love to have room for DSLR photos 15mb, and it would cut down on multiple posts for phone pics. But you have finite server space and that's not realistic. So if you truly are considering an increase, I would say to 6mb.

I increased the sizes. LMK if that helps. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/19/2023 at 9:16 PM, sixspeed said:

Have you sanded the clear cases down? I have one that’s yellowed a tad, trying to find a good way to make it crystal clear again. It’s gone through a thorough wash/iso bath and still discolored. 

Try two things before you go to drastic measures. 

1. Fill a sink or tub with hot water and Dawn liquid dish detergent. Submerge the case and let it sit for an hour or so. Then give it a good scrub and rinse. 

2. Buy some Dawn Concentrate spray. Soak the case down and let it sit for 5 mins or so. Then scrub and see results. 

Both of these have fully revived yellowed and dingy crystal cases for me. 

image0.jpeg

image0.jpeg

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, MadMartigan said:

Try two things before you go to drastic measures. 

1. Fill a sink or tub with hot water and Dawn liquid dish detergent. Submerge the case and let it sit for an hour or so. Then give it a good scrub and rinse. 

2. Buy some Dawn Concentrate spray. Soak the case down and let it sit for 5 mins or so. Then scrub and see results. 

Both of these have fully revived yellowed and dingy crystal cases for me. 

Thank you, The difference is like night and day.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Like 2