OGXbox.com

Cerbios new xbox bios

ShinGoutetsu

• 3 weeks later...

I own a 128 Ram 1.4 model, with IndBios, can Cerbios be flashed in TSOP? I just want the most stable Bios, don't care about UDMA, just want to know if is compatible, and if it flashes the same way as IndBios? Don't want to brick my og.

Thanks

Edited by Viggen66
  • Like 1

yes this bios is safe and all games are compatible with it. Insignia also works with this bios. 128mb ram is supported and working.

nice thing to know: It has even debug features if you installed the debug menu on your xbox.

So this bios is something complete, I use it for a year now and I love it.

Edited by Dempsey_86
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Viggen66 said:

I have already tried this new Cerbios, once thing I notice, fan runs slower than before, also owing to that, my CPU temps have raised considerably, even with both settings to 30% in fan speed, I notice a lot less noise on Cerbios, and higher cpu temps

If you can't get by with 30% fan speed, then something is wrong with your cooling... Unless you're suggesting that that setting's parameter is being ignored or not read properly, since I did hear you say that the fans run slower and that they are quieter...

18 hours ago, Viggen66 said:

I have already tried this new Cerbios, once thing I notice, fan runs slower than before, also owing to that, my CPU temps have raised considerably, even with both settings to 30% in fan speed, I notice a lot less noise on Cerbios, and higher cpu temps

How high a temp are you talking and what version of board and dash

My 1.6 with a Evox dash reports 64c 30 seconds from power on at room temp and it will still be 64c 2 days later.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Viggen66 said:

On IndBios, og xbox 1.4 never gets pass 53 degrees on Cerbios, it reatches 60 degrees, also fans ran slower and quieter, with same fan setting than Indbios, 30%

Have you set the fan speed to 30 in the cerbios.ini file?

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

8 hours ago, Viggen66 said:

SS_Dave,

Yes i set to 30% and runs slower than IndBios, hence the reason og xbox overheats.

That's so damn odd... Well, crank it then until it's right! Nobody else is having this problem, which is confusing as hell... Your fan works normal with other bios'?

12 hours ago, Viggen66 said:

SS_Dave,

Yes i set to 30% and runs slower than IndBios, hence the reason og xbox overheats.

I think you will find the 30 in the Ind bios is closer to 50%

FANSPEED=10            ;Fan Speed   10-50 = 20-100%            Default=10

On 6/22/2023 at 6:36 PM, Viggen66 said:

On IndBios, og xbox 1.4 never gets pass 53 degrees on Cerbios, it reatches 60 degrees, also fans ran slower and quieter, with same fan setting than Indbios, 30%

Do you have the HDD and DVD trays still fitted? as they form part of the cooling.

Is it a stock fan as in my view the stock fan works a ship load better that the new fans

Cheers

SS Dave

My fan is not stock, because is too noisy, but is a Nexus 70mm, on this fan the difference is night and day, also now I'n not using old IndBios but newer IndBios posted by KaosEngineer, the reboot system and shutdown works better now, but is weird Cerbios the fan runs slower, probably it needs higher value than Indbios, also Cerbios should also have a key stroke as Indbios to shutdown the console instead of going to the power button.

Edited by Viggen66

1 hour ago, Viggen66 said:

My fan is not stock, because is too noisy, but is a Nexus 70mm, on this fan the difference is night and day, also now I'n not using old IndBios but newer IndBios posted by KaosEngineer, the reboot system and shutdown works better now, but is weird Cerbios the fan runs slower, probably it needs higher value than Indbios, also Cerbios should also have a key stroke as Indbios to shutdown the console instead of going to the power button.

Cerbios does have multiple IGR combos and one of those is for a complete power down. 

2 hours ago, Viggen66 said:

As I said 30 on the ind bios is not the same as 30 in the cerbios

From the IND config file

From the cerbios config file 

Fan Speed 0 = Default, 10-100 = Manual Control, Supports increments of 2's 
FanSpeed = 0

And cerbios has a Fullsystem shut down, Full system reset, Game only reset, Reboot back to dash and if you really want you can even set which port can perform the IGR

Try  this on the cerbios Left trigger, Right trigger, Dpad up, Back button

Here is the IGR settings from the cerbios config file.

; IGR Master Port,  0 to 4, 0 = All Ports
IGRMasterPort = 0

; A = 0, B = 1, X = 2, Y = 3, BLACK = 4, WHITE = 5, LEFT_TRIGGER = 6, RIGHT_TRIGGER = 7
; DPAD_UP = 8, DPAD_DOWN = 9, DPAD_LEFT = A, DPAD_RIGHT = B, START = C, BACK = D, LEFT_THUMB = E, RIGHT_THUMB = F

; IGR Dash Combo, Resets back to dashboard
IGRDash = 67CD

; IGR Game Combo, Resets the current loaded game
IGRGame = 467C

; IGR Full Combo, Full system reset
IGRFull = 467D

; IGS Shutdown Combo, Full system shutdown
IGRShutdown = 678D

You should really be using the cerbios as you get better IDE bus speed ( up to 133Mb/s compared to 33.3Mb/s) plus more than the Ind5003 patched

Cheers

SS Dave

• Thanks 1

So I just read the entirety of this thread to see what and what happened with CerBios. I last here when CerBios was new and didn't support 1.6 revision which is the only one I have. Now I wanted to ask a couple of things :

1. Is there any benefit of using Cerbios UDM4/5 on a Hardmodded 1.6 with Aladdin X2 running a 160 GB IDE Drive with stock cable? Would I get any speed benefits?

2. Can I somehow convert HDD Ready dumps to CCI and play them? Without having to download the redump ISOs again? Because I want to save both my HDD Space and Internet Data.

3. Does CerBios allows stock Boot Animation? Or is it only the three Headed blue wolf thing? Because I want to keep the boot as much Stock as possible.

And apart from Custom/Multiple IGR methods what other benefit would I have if I were to flash CerBios? 

Thanks. :)

3 hours ago, PRince404 said:

Is there any benefit of using Cerbios UDM4/5 on a Hardmodded 1.6 with Aladdin X2 running a 160 GB IDE Drive with stock cable? Would I get any speed benefits?

If the 160 Gb drive is a 7200 rpm then you might get a slight drop in load speeds using the UDMA4 bios

Can I somehow convert HDD Ready dumps to CCI and play them? Without having to download the redump ISOs again? Because I want to save both my HDD Space and Internet Data.

Yes there is a PC program called Repackinator

https://github.com/Team-Resurgent/Repackinator

Does CerBios allows stock Boot Animation? Or is it only the three Headed blue wolf thing? Because I want to keep the boot as much Stock as possible.

I believe it does

Using the Cerbios Tool you can turn off the blue dog at the very start and there is a boot animation that looks very much like the original animation but you will need to change the colour to green as by default is blue.

There is a config file that you can edit to change that in the folder called BootAnims that you put on the Xbox C drive.

And apart from Custom/Multiple IGR methods what other benefit would I have if I were to flash CerBios?

The ability to use a CCI files for people using small hard drives can nearly double the number of games on the HDD has got to be a plus.

Cheers

SS Dave

Edited by SS_Dave
Add more information
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

As I said 30 on the ind bios is not the same as 30 in the cerbios

From the IND config file

From the cerbios config file 

Fan Speed 0 = Default, 10-100 = Manual Control, Supports increments of 2's 
FanSpeed = 0

And cerbios has a Fullsystem shut down, Full system reset, Game only reset, Reboot back to dash and if you really want you can even set which port can perform the IGR

Try  this on the cerbios Left trigger, Right trigger, Dpad up, Back button

Here is the IGR settings from the cerbios config file.

; IGR Master Port,  0 to 4, 0 = All Ports
IGRMasterPort = 0

; A = 0, B = 1, X = 2, Y = 3, BLACK = 4, WHITE = 5, LEFT_TRIGGER = 6, RIGHT_TRIGGER = 7
; DPAD_UP = 8, DPAD_DOWN = 9, DPAD_LEFT = A, DPAD_RIGHT = B, START = C, BACK = D, LEFT_THUMB = E, RIGHT_THUMB = F

; IGR Dash Combo, Resets back to dashboard
IGRDash = 67CD

; IGR Game Combo, Resets the current loaded game
IGRGame = 467C

; IGR Full Combo, Full system reset
IGRFull = 467D

; IGS Shutdown Combo, Full system shutdown
IGRShutdown = 678D

You should really be using the cerbios as you get better IDE bus speed ( up to 133Mb/s compared to 33.3Mb/s) plus more than the Ind5003 patched

Cheers

SS Dave

Actually Dave you're quite correct, on indbios, the fan setting goes from 10-50 which divides the fan setting on increments of 20% or in simple terminology 5 settings, for default 10 is actually 20%, on 30 is 3 *20% = 60%, yes the fan ran half the speed than indbios hence the overheating, also thanks for the additions on keystrokes manual, according to it, it does shutdown in 678D, I guess cerbios is the best choice then.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Viggen66 said:

Finally all my concerns are gone, equivalence to Indbios 30 is actually 60% on the other bios settings, now my temps are normal, and full shutdown also works, everything is perfect now, thanks for all the support.

Which bios did you flash? The UDMA 5 or 4

Cheers

SS Dave

So I just tried Pandora to connect to XBins but when I click Connect it says "Error : You have been D-Lined." before it was saying K-Lined. Can someone please tell me what this means? Also I can't see half of the screen on my Laptop so I don't know if there's something more to the error. 

The downloads are disabled on XBins.org for Cerbios.