OGXbox.com

Cerbios new xbox bios

ShinGoutetsu

And like always....

Cerbios Xbox Bios V2.2.0 BETA Released (1.0 - 1.6)

The pack contains UDMA2/4/5 and each as 256kb/512kb/1024kb already packed in a folder "bios" and renamed to "bios.bin" so it's ready to flash.

https://1fichier.com/?5iqzwqg3yxoq4x5w1s9q

https://mega.nz/file/8EsUkJQK#0vYAfsSHidOznVSBTTggql_8-mNhwEkR4Rre4wbIvNE

Have fun. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

And like always....

The pack contains UDMA2/4/5 and each as 256kb/512kb/1024kb already packed in a folder "bios" and renamed to "bios.bin" so it's ready to flash.

Have fun. 

Time to test some 1.6s

8 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

And like always....

Have fun. 

Is there any reason to rename the bios to bios.bin? It's nice knowing what bios was used; the version number etc. If not for the current user, the next one.

Edited by Natetronn

46 minutes ago, Natetronn said:

Is there any reason to rename the bios to bios.bin? It's nice knowing what bios was used; the version number etc. If not for the current user, the next one.

Well, check the folders:

Cerbios V2.2.0 Beta (MAIN FOLDER)

Cerbios Hybrid V2.20 BETA UDMA2 (SUB FOLDER 1)

256kb (SUB FOLDER 2/1)

bios (SUB FOLDER 3/1)

bios.bin

512kb (SUB FOLDER 2/2)

bios (SUB FOLDER 3/2)

bios.bin

1024kb (SUB FOLDER 2/3)

bios (SUB FOLDER 3/3)

bios.bin

Same layout for UDMA4 and UDMA5.

The main reason is that you can use these right away with XBlast and the Winbond TSOP.

And it makes my life easier when adding these to the OGXBox USB Flasher and the OGXBox Installer. So there is no need to copy a file, rename it blablabla. Just unrar to C:\ and done.

And if you don't like it, you are free to download the original pack from XBins. :)

Edited by sweetdarkdestiny
  • Like 4

22 hours ago, BIGDADDY51200 said:

I have made a boot screen for Cerbios . How do I get rid the Cerbios wolf head ? It shows right before the boot screen I made. 

While I don't think the tool will let you change the image, Team CerBios has stated that they plan to release a tool to customize the CerBios boot logo. 

image.png.41295574524c94e9fd4656c69771a8e6.png

4 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

The main reason is that you can use these right away with XBlast and the Winbond TSOP.

XBlast only reads BIOS files from a certain location, but it doesn't much care about the actual file names. Put multiple files with different titles in C:\BIOS and it'll list them just fine.

Heimdall used the "bios.bin" title in HeXEn, which may've given you the wrong idea? That wasn't because of any limitations in XBlast, it was just so he could tell users to select that specific file name when the flashing screen came up.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Bomb Bloke said:

XBlast only reads BIOS files from a certain location, but it doesn't much care about the actual file names. Put multiple files with different titles in C:\BIOS and it'll list them just fine.

Heimdall used the "bios.bin" title in HeXEn, which may've given you the wrong idea? That wasn't because of any limitations in XBlast, it was just so he could tell users to select that specific file name when the flashing screen came up.

Xblast with net flash bios name can be whatever.  Best and easy way to flash.

7 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Well, check the folders:

Cerbios V2.2.0 Beta (MAIN FOLDER)

Cerbios Hybrid V2.20 BETA UDMA2 (SUB FOLDER 1)

256kb (SUB FOLDER 2/1)

bios (SUB FOLDER 3/1)

bios.bin

512kb (SUB FOLDER 2/2)

bios (SUB FOLDER 3/2)

bios.bin

1024kb (SUB FOLDER 2/3)

bios (SUB FOLDER 3/3)

bios.bin

Same layout for UDMA4 and UDMA5.

And it makes my life easier when adding these to the OGXBox USB Flasher and the OGXBox Installer. So there is no need to copy a file, rename it blablabla. Just unrar to C:\ and done.

And if you don't like it, you are free to download the original pack from XBins. :)

Sure, people can rename them or people can download them from Xbins instead, like you said. And I get you're the one who's taking the time to do it, so not trying to give you a hard time here or anything (thanks by the way.) 

Oh and I get why that tree makes sense for the various installers. From a programmatic and convenience standpoint, it makes sense. Plus, since you're the one doing two installers, I assume it makes it convenient to share it here the same way you do for both of those.

That said, I do wish the files were named descriptively, particularly for those times where the files end up sitting in C:\Bios\ on the console (vs only ever living on an installer disc or in their original zip / named folders.)

Coming across a console with C:\Bios\bios.bin and saying, "hmm, I wonder what this bios.bin is?" and having to go, "oh well, guess we'll never know" and then deleting it, because it's basically unknown garbage at that point seems, well, less than ideal.

Just thinking about the future people (or future us) who come across all this stuff and wonder what the heck bios.bin was, that's all. Of course, it's not a big deal, but I'd argue that's a two way street and keeping the files named accordingly seems the better of the two streets, if you will.

Anyway, I digress.

1 hour ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

The main point is that you can flash a winbond TSOP only if the bios is named bios.bin.

On the contrary - you can call it what you like. Stick it in C:\BIOS, load XBlast, flash away. Winbond or not, doesn't matter.

If it suits your scripts better to use a particular name, then that's cool. There's no "need" to use any particular name as far as XBlast is concerned, though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, prtscn said:

Do i need to dismount CCI after every launch? How much of a time penalty for soft reboot with mounted games?

Why would you want to dismount the image if it's mounted? If you IGR out of a game, the game is stil mounted in your drive, but if you want to play another game, just start that game and the new game wil be mounted to the drive.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Dempsey_86 said:

Why would you want to dismount the image if it's mounted? If you IGR out of a game, the game is stil mounted in your drive, but if you want to play another game, just start that game and the new game wil be mounted to the drive.

Because with XISO i get two times longer soft reset, compared to soft reboot with no xiso "mounted". :\

On 1/1/2023 at 10:48 PM, prtscn said:

Because with XISO i get two times longer soft reset, compared to soft reboot with no xiso "mounted". 😕

I don't have that, but maybe it's a bug in cerbios only on some revisions or combination with certain hardware. The guys from cerbios have an own room on this discord server: https://discord.gg/VcdSfajQGK. You can add bugs there and they pick it up then.

I’ve been out of the loop on this for a while now. I don’t mind putting in the effort if it’s worth a higher compatibility rate with games. I’ve seen mention that all work flawlessly, but haven’t gotten around to testing a thing. My question is, do I convert redumps or the HDD ready pack using repackinator? Sorry for the dumb question. I’m trying to brush up on ll of this. I’ve been gone way too long and so much to take in. 

Hi guys, I just installed Cerbios 2.2.0 on an 1.6 xbox that has an Aladdin chip working fine. I used the 256kB with UDMA2 file because I use an original IDE drive with original IDE cable. What I did was take the SST49LF002A chip from the aladdin,  flash it with an external EPROM writer and reinstall it on the Aladdin thingie. I made a backup of the original Aladdin BIOS just in case. The flashing went well, the xbox now uses Cerbios when starting and it gets up to the dashboard correctly and games work, however the video quality is horrible. I use composite video to connect the xbox to a Sony PVM monitor. Previously I had good quality video (within composite video limits) but now with Cerbios, there are horizontal lines of "snow" and the letters are a bit harder to read than before. I also noticed that the video starts correctly, very sharp when it shows the Cerbios Wolf at the beginning, and after a few seconds, the video changes and it gets bad. Any idea how to solve this? Thanks!

2 hours ago, aha2940 said:

Hi guys, I just installed Cerbios 2.2.0 on an 1.6 xbox that has an Aladdin chip working fine. I used the 256kB with UDMA2 file because I use an original IDE drive with original IDE cable. What I did was take the SST49LF002A chip from the aladdin,  flash it with an external EPROM writer and reinstall it on the Aladdin thingie. I made a backup of the original Aladdin BIOS just in case......

I did not noticed. I have to compare it with M8Plus, I have the Xchanger chip which has two 256 (M8Plus) and 512 benches (Cerbios 2.2.0).
Have you tried if with RGB cable it works or is it left black screen?

5 minutes ago, bobilix said:

I did not noticed. I have to compare it with M8Plus, I have the Xchanger chip which has two 256 (M8Plus) and 512 benches (Cerbios 2.2.0).
Have you tried if with RGB cable it works or is it left black screen?

Thanks for the reply @bobilix, unfortunately I do not have any other cables to connect the xbox other than composite video, however I tried connecting it to a flat-screen TV and the image there looks correct, so I guess the problem only happens when connecting to a CRT display? I also checked and the image gets broken when the intro video (the one after the wolf image, that looks like the standard xbox intro video) is playing, almost at the end of it the image does a kind of "jump" however on the flat-screen TV it keeps looking good, whereas on the PVM it starts looking bad. Sorry for the long message, I try to give as much info as I can.

• Like 2