OGXbox.com

Cerbios new xbox bios

ShinGoutetsu

17 minutes ago, extra-ordinary_ said:

Is there any tutorial around for getting Cerbios onto a softmod 1.6?

Well, since the 1.6 has no real TSOP to use, I would say no. You would have to rebuild the LPC and install a chip... and NOT an AliExpress Aladdin. 😛 You could use the Phoenix Bios Loader to load up Cerbios into RAM, but it would be nothing like the real thing and would have limitations.

I WAS HERE!

5 hours ago, PRince404 said:

Is the development on halt for cerbios? Really wanted to save some disk space with it. That video quality issue is the only problem.

Read somewhere earlier that they were working on the 1.6 composite issue...can't remember where.

EDIT: https://www.ogxbox.com/forums/index.php?/topic/6706-cerbios-new-xbox-bios/&do=findComment&comment=52414

Edited by extra-ordinary_
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/25/2023 at 10:59 AM, PRince404 said:

Is the development on halt for cerbios? Really wanted to save some disk space with it. That video quality issue is the only problem.

Cerbios is still being worked on.  There is a new version going through testing right now that will add support for XboxHDMI.   Im not sure if the video issue with Xbox v1.6 will be fixed in this version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EnrmgvA8YM

Edited by RMM
clarify response
  • Like 1

On 11/24/2023 at 10:28 PM, extra-ordinary_ said:

Is there any tutorial around for getting Cerbios onto a softmod 1.6?

Follow the readme of Cerbios v2.3.1

To launch Cerbios as a BFM Bios, simply copy the Phoenix Bios Loader folder to your HDD along with a copy of Cerbios Bios file renamed as Cerbios.bin.  Copy BootAnims folder & Cerbios.ini to root of C.   Launch Default.XBE & let the magic happen. Console should reboot into Cerbios.   

15 minutes ago, RMM said:

Cerbios is still being worked on.  There is a new version going through testing right now that will add support for XboxHDMI.   Im not sure if the video issue with Xbox v1.6 will be fixed in this version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EnrmgvA8YM

I admire the Cerbios team for doing that. It's a shame that the MakeMHZ HDMI units being sold now intentionally cannot work with it, but at least people who own the older, pre-stellar ones will benefit from it!

I WAS HERE!!!

14 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

I admire the Cerbios team for doing that. It's a shame that the MakeMHZ HDMI units being sold now intentionally cannot work with it, but at least people who own the older, pre-stellar ones will benefit from it!

Yes, it will be nice to be able to use Cerbios on those old XboxHDMI/HD+ mods.   This development should also benefit anyone that gets a new HDMI mod with similar hardware to the old XboxHDMI/HD+ should anyone release a new HDMI mod.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Dempsey_86 said:

For those who want to test cerbios HD+, they released it and asked the community to help testing

https://www.xbox-scene.info/articles.html/cerbios-releases-new-custom-bios-v232-hd-alpha-with-hd-support-for-testing-bug-reporting-r28/

Will this version support other HDMI encoders that use the ADV5711 IC? Or currently just the MM variant?

20 minutes ago, Dempsey_86 said:

there are no other hdmi solutions available right now, its only MM his solution atm. Till nemesis releases his solution ofc. 

... Has anybody ever used the actual Ryzee HDMI encoder? I have the parts and PCBs and wanted to try to build one. Shouldn't that theoretically work?

23 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

... Has anybody ever used the actual Ryzee HDMI encoder? I have the parts and PCBs and wanted to try to build one. Shouldn't that theoretically work?

If you have the parts, build one and let us all know lol. 

I am waiting patiently to see what 2024 brings in the way of competition for Shitter, Sorry, I meant Stellar.

I do already have an HDMI capable box from years ago before any of these mods were common (N64Freak) but it is doing analog to digital conversion so the picture is not as good. It is better than standard and tbh its not my regular use console. Its on my X3 setup that I keep boxed away lol. 

I currently feed my component output to a Retrotink 5x and that picture is great, more than enough for me, at least until there is an alternative option to Stellar. 

8 hours ago, nikeymikey said:

If you have the parts, build one and let us all know lol. 

I am waiting patiently to see what 2024 brings in the way of competition for Shitter, Sorry, I meant Stellar.

I do already have an HDMI capable box from years ago before any of these mods were common (N64Freak) but it is doing analog to digital conversion so the picture is not as good. It is better than standard and tbh its not my regular use console. Its on my X3 setup that I keep boxed away lol. 

I currently feed my component output to a Retrotink 5x and that picture is great, more than enough for me, at least until there is an alternative option to Stellar. 

My X3 box is what's hooked up to that JVC CRT you saw. Monster component cables. siiiick.

Okay, I'll build one then, Still gotta get the flex cables, though.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2024 at 4:13 AM, Dempsey_86 said:

there are no other hdmi solutions available right now, its only MM his solution atm. Till nemesis releases his solution ofc. 

This isn't entirely true. There are many hdmi adapter solutions available. Best ones are currently Chimeric, Electron Shepherd, and wii2hdmi can be installed internally. This is just to list a few. Saying there are none is insane. 

1 hour ago, MadMartigan said:

This isn't entirely true. There are many hdmi adapter solutions available. Best ones are currently Chimeric, Electron Shepherd, and wii2hdmi can be installed internally. This is just to list a few. Saying there are none is insane. 

Has anyone here tested the Xedusa+? I hear it has good reviews, but has hdmi audio issues with v1.0, supposedly. But with dual outputs, I'm assuming you can use the optical or stereo outputs instead.

17 hours ago, MadMartigan said:

I thought bowl was talking about internal hdmi solutions like the mm solution. Then this os atm the only solution (for now)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MadMartigan said:

Understood. I still should point out that the Wii2HDMI is very much a viable option for internal HDMI.

Well... it can be MOUNTED internally. But what we're talking about is true HDMI. So the Ryzee encoder, Harcroft OpenXHD, MakeMHZ HD+. The wii2HDMI can be mounted internally, but still pulls the signal from component first. That being said, it does a GREAT job of converting the signal and It looks as good as you're gonna get with component to HDMI conversion, in my opinion. I have one and it is awesome.

18 minutes ago, nikeymikey said:

This is an English language forum. 

Now THAT'S funny. In Dark's thread you're like, "This is an OG Xbox forum." In here you're like, "This is an English language forum." You're in a funny mood this morning. :)

3 hours ago, gamefz said:

感谢

Gǎnxiè = Grateful

20 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Now THAT'S funny. In Dark's thread you're like, "This is an OG Xbox forum." In here you're like, "This is an English language forum." You're in a funny mood this morning. :)

Gǎnxiè = Grateful

Lol Its evening here. 

It wasn't me that said its an OG Xbox forum though. I did suggest that he may have blown something up with his power supply tho :)

The squiggle translates to Grateful then does it? lol