Jump to content

Recommended Posts

That a different board from the one I use but the metal tab that holds the HDMI port is a good ground  and the spot with the arrow at the other end should also be ground

 

IMG_20200816_082334.thumb.jpg.3f216439f878e9d6377b5f9e3b355d3e.jpg.9781202f93679c0ced9a07f04d9247c9.jpg

 

Cheers

SS Dave


Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Took me 2 days to get all the wiring right. for the wii2hdmi for og xbox modd ... using a wii2hdmi device ordered off eBay you can also find an Alibaba and other places like this. Very inexpensive aro

Tried this mod today.  It's pretty good. It will need an end cap though.  Luckily some brilliant person made up this 3D printable one (attached).    xbox2hdmi 3D printer file.stl

I was actually looking this up. One of the chips on board is made for white and black balance. They showed some sort of comparison side by side picture. It makes the white colors whiter. Maybe this is

Posted Images

1 minute ago, SS_Dave said:

That a different board from the one I use but the metal tab that holds the HDMI port is a good ground  and the spot with the arrow at the other end should also be ground

 

IMG_20200816_082334.thumb.jpg.3f216439f878e9d6377b5f9e3b355d3e.jpg.9781202f93679c0ced9a07f04d9247c9.jpg

 

Cheers

SS Dave


Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.
 

 

Thanks Dave, I was assuming the pinholes would have a ground and considered the HDMI port as well so thanks for confirming!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Only the one with the arrow should be ground the other 3 are data.

That spot where the blush flash mark is should also be ground 

 

Cheers

SS Dave


Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I got 3 of these a, image is unplayable dark in halo ce, halo 2 and blue tint. Gta 3 works great and good colors, but i can also adjust brightness in Gta 3.

I soldered two of these board about two times each to try if theres something wrong with solder, but same result.

Are these just peace of shit or is the problem 1.6b xbox ? Can i do something abouth brightness?

 

image.png.5ec290805f72c00384aaf03929b42681.pngimage.thumb.png.86d60eff3958f9b830fdd2e02a2c6661.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would say it's the wii2hdmi that's the problem.

This is the one I use as a internal fitment in place of the stock AV port and it has a MS9288A chip not the FS9299

wii2hdmi.jpg 

 

I did a post a day or too ago with the 4 types I use.

 

 

Cheers

SS Dave


Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Pin 9 to ground gives you  composite output

Pin 9 and 11 to ground give you S Video and composite 

Pin 11 and 13 to ground will give you Comonent 

And Pin 9,11,13 to ground is VGA output

The Digital audio is present in all video modes the same as analog audio,

 

The wii2hdmi does not have or support digital audio input even thought the spec sheet for the main chip on some of the boards lists digital in it has been tested and didn't work and appears that it  would need to be reflashed to use it  

 

Cheers

SS Dave


Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2020 at 2:09 AM, Maxikose said:

I got 3 of these a, image is unplayable dark in halo ce, halo 2 and blue tint. Gta 3 works great and good colors, but i can also adjust brightness in Gta 3.

I soldered two of these board about two times each to try if theres something wrong with solder, but same result.

Are these just peace of shit or is the problem 1.6b xbox ? Can i do something abouth brightness?

 

image.png.5ec290805f72c00384aaf03929b42681.pngimage.thumb.png.86d60eff3958f9b830fdd2e02a2c6661.png

try changing hdmi reference levels in tv settings.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, prtscn said:

try changing hdmi reference levels in tv settings.

Does not help. Picture is just that. Cheap chinese wii2hdmi copy that does not work good. I solved this to order another wii2hdmi and that works because different chip and different board.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...

Just bought a wii2hdmi and it's a fs9299.  The board layout is exactly the same as Maxikose's photo above.  As expected, that piece of shit results in unplayable dark picture.  Does anyone know where I can get one with MS9288A?  Or is there anyway to tell from the case?  Thanks!

Here is the photo of the one I got.

images.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, phantom8 said:

Just bought a wii2hdmi and it's a fs9299.  The board layout is exactly the same as Maxikose's photo above.  As expected, that piece of shit results in unplayable dark picture.  Does anyone know where I can get one with MS9288A?  Or is there anyway to tell from the case?  Thanks!

 

It's the  luck of the draw most of mine where in a white case but I did get sent one in a black case and it was the same PCB 

I have also read if they have a gold HDMI port that it's a better one.

 

Cheers

SS Dave


Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Similar Content

    • By snoWoman
      I am looking for a VPN with port forwarding feature for my xbox if anyone of you guide me, is it possible with a VPN, since I found PureVPN is offering this as addon for free with one year plan and 88% discount on 5 years plan as part of their cyber Monday deal.
    • By Nier
      Which Xbox dvd drive uses top-60 laser? I found a lot of eBay and Ali express listings for the top-60 laser but without specifying which disc drive is compatible. 
       
      What are your experiences buying refurb/new optical lasers for the Xbox?
    • By streetguru
      Found the pin out
      https://www.ogxbox.com/forums/index.php?/topic/24-xbox-power-supply-pinouts/
       
      So I need to bridge white to black, think it's a 1.6v

      But do I also need to bridge blue to black to keep it powered on? It's going to power one fan for a 3D printer using the molex connector

Board Life Status


Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Best VPN


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.