I haven't seen many people post information about XCM shells, which some are mislead or mixed up between Ghost Cases, so I'll try to clear that up here with information I've gathered over the years.

XCM stands for (Xbox Custom Mods). Originally XCM started back in the glorified days modding Original Xbox and shortly moved to other Consoles. For those who are not familiar with XCM at all, XCM is a third party company that makes thirds party accessories and replacement cases for multiple game consoles (not just Xbox). They are still in production mainly for the newer generation consoles and handhelds but as for Original Xbox the shells are long out of production. So far in my years of collecting I've only encountered 5 shell variations that XCM produced years ago. Many have tried to have the company reproduce the shells as well as suggestions for different colors other than the 5 variations and have failed so XCM shells still retain their value. Although the shells were probably equally manufactured ill list them in rarity based on my encounters an opinions. The shells are still made from cheaper plastic from the original OEM shells but much higher quality than ghost Case Shells. Finding an XCM shell in worthy condition (Not cracked or Yellowed) is hard to find nowadays and can fetch for a high price.

11223602_10153486430546057_6038982955674157921_n.jpg.2a0d7c486977c756ef53d97b27b0dc2b.jpg

This is when I bought a brand new Red XCM back in the day, It's the best way I can show a parts list right out of the box. (Junkie Cheap Controller and bag of parts Not included) LOL

20181207_183415.thumb.jpg.0c9250254385cd4a674cc361415b22f8.jpg

XCM Crystal Ruby Red Edition

The beloved transparent Crystal Red XCM shell. This shell is literally the most sought after shell out of the 4 other variations mainly of course for the elegant ruby color. Microsoft never made crystal red limited editions so having a modded red console sticks out in any Xbox collection. Through the years I have seen this console shell pop up new in box like 4-5 times and personally I've owned about 4 of these myself which were sold off to new owners. The shell was a full body set with everything you need to dress the console. (Red Top, Face plate and Bottom Shell, Signature XCM DVD Red bezel, Red eject/power buttons fitted with a red ring, signature clear jewel showing "XCM Crystal" on it and 4 spongy pads for the feet)

20181207_183248.thumb.jpg.6a2784b6bbc8277fce6b34a8f3e6cd08.jpg

XCM Crystal Clear/Transparent Edition

This XCM shell matches Microsoft's original limited edition crystal shell. These shells in particular looked amazing with an Xecuter's Crystal Control Panel giving your Xbox an all decked out look with nothing retail. I've encountered a few people who have owned these shells but never in perfect shape. I managed to find two of them brand new in the wild and lots cracked, broken or missing the correct parts. Due to the type of plastic degrade yellowing can occur which can maybe be fixed with RetroBright or something.? People have used these for Painting... I know a crystal Orange or Green XCM would be unique but if your shell is in perfect condition it puts a pain in a collectors heart. Set comes with  (Clear Top, Face plate and Bottom Shell, Signature XCM DVD Clear bezel, Clear eject/power buttons fitted with a Clear ring, signature clear jewel showing "XCM Crystal" on it and 4 spongy pads for the feet)

20181207_183330.thumb.jpg.24036ba0e836c54941a530a7a20ef6fd.jpg

XCM Crystal Sapphire Blue Edition

This shell is a matching of Microsoft's Halo 2 Ice Blue Limited Edition Console. These shells are bad ass fitted with a Blue Xecuter Control Panel, I have found only one in the wild brand new, only a set few used throughout the Xbox forums and I have only owned two of these. I believe back in the day these shells were sought after big time because of it being a cheaper option than buying a Ice Blue Limited Edition. This set comes with  (Blue Top, Face plate and Bottom Shell, Signature XCM DVD bezel, Blue eject/power buttons fitted with a Blue ring, signature clear jewel showing "XCM Crystal" on it and 4 spongy pads for the feet)

20181207_183126.thumb.jpg.e9d5b33988f241a14913a6aa1563308b.jpg

XCM Crystal Pure White Edition

This glacial white shell matches Microsoft's very rare limited edition pure white 2nd anniversary console. I have not found even one of these brand new in the wild and I've only owned one. These shells are made of a pure white plastic that may look painted but also can suffer yellowing over time Like the Panzer Dragoon Limited Edition. This console comes with  (White Top, Face plate and Bottom Shell, Signature XCM DVD bezel, White eject/power buttons fitted with a Clear ring, signature clear jewel showing "XCM Crystal" on it and 4 spongy pads for the feet).

20181207_183208.thumb.jpg.861993f2207b60e8d1591ad4eeef9f3b.jpg

XCM Crystal Silver Edition.

Unlike the other XCM's this one is painted but painted by XCM themselves. I've owned 1 & 1/2 of one of these. During my hunting days I've only came across two of these shells, one with the Jewel Drilled out and missing the correct eject/power buttons. and this one here above which is near mint condition. There's not much information on these but doubtfully less appeasing to the eyes. I'm not sure why XCM went the silver route but I think they were attempting a chrome like look but in my theory I'd say this one is the hardest to find due to the lack of interest on it and the assumption that it was a crystal XCM shell not custom painted by XCM.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Big Poo
      Hey there everyone. I watched a video on YouTube on a Modded Xbox. During the initial startup of the Xbox, it shows an animation and a custom dashboard. Does anyone know how to add the animation before the menu shows up and how to customize the menu?? I have never seen this before except for this video. Any help would be most appreciated. Thank you.
      Here is a Link to the Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw91sVm2fkI&t=1s
      Starts at 8:03 minutes
      Thanks Again!!

• By xDarkMaster
      Hi everyone. Recently I've been watching some ModernVintageGamer videos on YouTube and really wanted to get out of the drawer my old modchipped Xbox. It wasn t booting anymore because of a dvd reader failure(error 11 and 12) so I got a used xbox for spare parts off eBay,got the dvd player out of it and put it in my Xbox. The Xbox boots but it won't read even original disks. My question is how do I understand what modchip is installed? Can I run any sort of homebrew via USB and upgrade my HDD ? Thanks in advance.

• By jdub01984
      Here is my version of a slim XBOX that I designed. I tried to make the case as small as possible, and still look like an original xbox. I removed the DVD drive and the power supply from the xbox. I pulled my 1.4V xbox out of storage and it was fragging. Got tired of troubleshooting it (the clock capacitor was already removed). So I bought a 1.0 on ebay with a broken dvd drive for $15. The finish on the XBOX is not super, planning to reprint in white filament ( I ran out on my test prints), and only paint the black portions of the case.

https://imgur.com/gallery/o58Nul0

I am using a Xbox 360 slim power brick to power the system. The power brick has 6 wires: 2 Yellow Wires (12V), 1 Red Wire (5V), 1 Blue Wire (Power OK, when it receives a signal back it enables the 12V rails), 1 Grey Wire (needs to be grounded to enable the 5V rail), 1 Black Wire (Gnd). The 360 slim brick outputs 5V and enables the 12V rail when it receives 5V back. I wired in a tiny 5V to 3.3V convertor on the red wire on the power brick to the 3.3 standby on my 1.0 motherboard. The Power OK on the motherboard back to the blue wire on the power brick. I then wired in a 12V to 5V 20 Amp Buck/Step Down Convertor and a  12V to 3.3V 6 Amp Buck/Step Down Convertor to the yellow wires on the power brick and connected those to the 5V and 3.3 V spots on the motherboard, and wired 12V directly. Here is a crude drawing of the wiring scheme. I added a 6 pin molex connector to the back of the case and wired it directly to the power connector socket on the bottom of the motherboard. When the power brick is enabled it illuminates the led on the brick orange and the 5V  rail is active. This is being dropped down to 3.3V and going to the standby on the motherboard. When the power button is pressed the motherboard sends 3.3V back to the 360 power supply (which is high enough to enable the Power OK on the brick) and enables the 12V rail. The led on the power brick turns green. This sends the 3.3V, 5V, and 12V back to the xbox and it powers on properly. When you turn the xbox off, it removes the 3.3V from the power ok line and the 12V rails are powered off (power brick led turns orange) and the SMC is reset. My xbox powers on just fine without removing any capacitors or anything, but the flubber does stutter occasionally, but always boots up to xbmc4gamers.

I installed an openxenium chip in the console. I am running indbios. The system has a 500gb 2.5 inch sata hdd.

The power button I put in the case interferes with the daughter board on the 1.0 motherboard, so I unsoldered the connectors for the motherboard from the daughter board and added wires to extend the board. this board is zipped ties to an ogx360 which is soldered to a 360 rf board I salvaged from a 360 console. I do not have any original controller ports in the system as I will only use the wireless 360 controllers. These board just sit in the front of the case for now. At some point I want to develop some sort of mount for these so they are not just loose in the xbox.

I designed the mount for the hard drive to use some of the motherboard screw holes to mount it to the case. The fitment for the ide-to-sata board is very tight so I removed the sata connectors from the board, and soldered on a female sata connector I salvaged from a dead 360 console. I cut the ide ribbon to about 6 inches and I am using a 6" sata cable to run to the hard drive. The ide-to-sata board is powered from the dvd drive connector. I cut a molex to sata power cable and soldered it to the ide-to-sata board where the dvd connector attaches. This allows me to put the ide board on the side of the case besides the hard drive.

The case is too small to use a stock case fan, so I am using the stock fan on the gpu, a 50mm fan on the cpu, and a 50mm fan in the rear of the case. I designed the case to have ports like the stock case on the side and added them to the top of the case as well. I have not seen temps go above 50C yet. I am using Noiseblocker BlackSilentFan XS-2 for the 50mm fans.

The final mod I made was to remove the stock video connector and add an internal wii2hdmi board.

For future revisions I am planning the following:
      an attiny board to allow the 360rf board to display the controller leds and run the sync functions. I will add these leds in the case similar to how the 360 displays them. Add a sync and eject button below the power button so I can sync the controllers and get into the openxenium menu if needed. Find a better connector for 6 wires for the power as the current connector is large and doesn't mount to the case very well. (feel free to post suggestions).

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.