OGXbox.com

Cerbios new xbox bios

ShinGoutetsu

So I went with 2.3.1.b UDMA4 variant flash went well. But after rebooting it gave me "Error 13 Bad UDMA settings". Then booted into Safe mode. 

Said I need to flash a lower UDMA variant. I flashed it via XBlast OS.

Edit : Went with the normal On, seems so have worked fine. :3

Edited by PRince404
UDMA increment didn't work for me lmao ; _ ;

33 minutes ago, PRince404 said:

UDMA4 with an IDE/ATAPI HDD only works with an 80wire cable and also only if the drive supports it. 

The 1.6 seams to have some problems with Cerbios but mainly when using RGB. You could flash a previous version or fall back to another bios. 

Edited by sweetdarkdestiny
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

UDMA4 with an IDE/ATAPI HDD only works with an 80wire cable and also only if the drive supports it. 

The 1.6 seams to have some problems with Cerbios but mainly when using RGB. You could flash a previous version or fall back to another bios. 

Thanks, I'm on Composite running on a CRT. Just tried 2.2.1 Non UDMA Increment version, it has the same issue. (More Flicker and Worse Color Accuracy)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PRince404 said:

Thanks, I'm on Composite running on a CRT. Just tried 2.2.1 Non UDMA Increment version, it has the same issue. (More Flicker and Worse Color Accuracy)

So if I were you, I would switch back to the m8+. Or get a 1.4 or something.

If I have read right you have an 160gb HDD. So basicly you gain nothing using Cerbios. YOu don't use SATA, do not have (plan) on a ram upgrade so the only "benefit" would be using CCI and even that isn't realy one if you don't have any problems using Insignia - at least imo. Folder vs CCI well, no benefit if you don't play online. However, maybe Team Cerbios can address this "bug" and fix it in the future (So it do not hurt to try a new version when one comes out).

One last thing you could try is using a component cable which should work without problems.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

So if I were you, I would switch back to the m8+. 

That's what I was afraid that you'd say.

One last thing you could try is using a component cable which should work without problems.

Don't have that. :(

Two things that I liked was IGR that loaded the dash straight instead of rebooting. and CCI support which would've allowed me to save some HDD Space since I'm running low.
Gonna try the new version whenever that comes around. Thanks for your time.

Edited by PRince404
; _ ;

9 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

Which bios did you flash? The UDMA 5 or 4

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

I've tried UDMA 4, is stable enough, the double of standard stock speed, is enough for me

4 hours ago, PRince404 said:

Just use component if your Tv has it. Or S-Video. Composite is a last resort... As is RF, although, I am getting a killer signal with my N64 over RF to the Daewoo CRT. Scanlines are CHUNKY.

What kind of HDD are you using? WHy does UDMA 6 cause problems for you?

7 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Just use component if your Tv has it. Or S-Video. Composite is a last resort... As is RF. 

I don't have anything else, not the component Cables (HD Pack) or a CRT with Component/S-Video input. It only has two Composite. :(

What kind of HDD are you using? WHy does UDMA 6 cause problems for you?

Normal 5400 RPM 160 Gibs IDE with the stock cable. 

41 minutes ago, PRince404 said:

I don't have anything else, not the component Cables (HD Pack) or a CRT with Component/S-Video input. It only has two Composite. :(

Normal 5400 RPM 160 Gibs IDE with the stock cable. 

5400rpm? Is it a 2.5 inch laptop HDD. lol No Wonder only UDMA 2 works. :)

Sorry about the component situation. I'm using n64 over RF right now on the DAEWOO and those scan lines look delicious. Geometry is spot on as well! :)

16877599098595860603073579464630.jpg

16877599729998256858270402362228.jpg

1 hour ago, coldasijs said:

That's been on my To-Do for like 3 years now.

1 hour ago, Bowlsnapper said:

5400rpm? Is it a 2.5 inch laptop HDD. lol No Wonder only UDMA 2 works. :)

Nope an actual 18 year old Desktop IDE lol.

I'm using n64 over RF right now on the DAEWOO and those scan lines look delicious. Geometry is spot on as well! :)

Yummers.gif

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PRince404 said:

That's been on my To-Do for like 3 years now.

Nope an actual 18 year old Desktop IDE lol.

Yummers.gif

Dude... lol a 1TB SATA is like 24 bucks. With a startech thats about 45. Could be worth it, maybe? But the fact that you used an 18 year old drive for your box. Impressive.

Seriously though, you should get a SATA. UDMA Siiiiix.... :)

2 hours ago, Viggen66 said:

for cci iso format, to boot on iso instead of extracted files

..... Right. But what is the advantage of that? I just select a game in my list on xbmc and it loads immediately. No mounting necessary. There's nothing wrong with files. All my games are just files and I can just load default.xbe and play all of them. And I can swap out files. So I just found out there's a 720p texture pack for Halo CE. I can swap out the files if I want... Or create a second game folder for the 720p resources because my HDD is huge. I have power over my filesystem... The iso layout limits you.

7 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

For what purpose, though? What is the advantage to using an iso over a folder of files?

The advantage of xiso/cci created by repackinator is that the dvd sectors stays intact (so the files on the dvd are in the same place as the iso). A small portion of the games give a dirty disc error when they expect a file at certain place and it isn’t there. 

If you create xiso from folders then its only an advantage to use these xiso files to get around the long file names. As the sector info is gone on these. 
So some games wil give the dirty disc error if you go this route

Edited by Dempsey_86

11 minutes ago, Dempsey_86 said:

The advantage of xiso/cci created by repackinator is that the dvd sectors stays intact (so the files on the dvd are in the same place as the iso). A small portion of the games give a dirty disc error when they expect a file at certain place and it isn’t there. 

If you create xiso from folders then its only an advantage to use these xiso files to get around the long file names. As the sector info is gone on these. 
So some games wil give the dirty disc error if you go this route

Which games do this, at least off the top of your head?

If I recall correctly toca 3, the jurassic park game, the fable without dlc, one of the espn 2k5 or 2k6 games but forgot what sport, one of the harry potter games. A year ago I tested all my games that where repacked xiso (so folders to xiso) there where some with that error or black screen, if I then used a full DD iso (so an xiso with the sectors intact) they worked, that why I knew that was the problem. But I didn't keep my notes as I then switched to xiso made by repackinator.