OGXbox.com

MakeMHz HDMI combines with 128 MB RAM

bot_1

1 hour ago, Donnie-Burger said:

Titan is a bios

I could be very wrong… but I always thought of it as a patch

This is from the Titan git:

“Titan is a series of hand-written binary patches for the original Microsoft Xbox kernel. These patches are designed to expand the storage capabilities of the popular 2001 game console in excess of 16TB.”

Edited by Dtomcat18
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, zatchbot said:

There is little hope these two communities will come together without a third party... for various reasons.

image.png.4ee14f050e083a568a41a6f97f1d0990.png

https://discord.com/channels/643467096906399804/748082772752728076/1026389695833321523

Either way I hope we as end users get all the benefits of both in one easy to use package. I also hope the chip shortage calms down soon as there's many new mods out for a lot of retro consoles that should be miles cheaper when things are more readily available. 

£140 for a HDMi mod and modchip combo..... My entire HDMI and 128mb modded motherboard cost me about that only just before Covid hit and that included labour charges!!  Only today I cancelled a pre order on a 3do ODE, $400+ is not an expense I need right now. 

5 hours ago, Dtomcat18 said:

I could be very wrong… but I always thought of it as a patch

This is from the Titan git:

“Titan is a series of hand-written binary patches for the original Microsoft Xbox kernel. These patches are designed to expand the storage capabilities of the popular 2001 game console in excess of 16TB.”

Both are bios and both are passing 2/3tb same way hence the 16tb limit.  Cerbios is so far superior but lacks 1.6 support.  Titan bios works on all models but not yet hd+ 100% compatible.  For this reason I have 2 master 4tb hdds one titan and one cerbios.

Cerbios

Custom boot animations

Xiso SUpport

In game reset

Just lacks 1.6 support and hd+ support

Titan

No custom boot animations

No xiso support

No in game reset

8 hours ago, Dtomcat18 said:

Titan is a patch that allows use of large HDDs.  Cerbios is a bios… (I think).  I don’t think stellar uses bios. Its own OS handles everything.  

Stellar HAS to have a bios or the friggin console won't boot. My guess is that StellarOS is kind of a UEFI level configuration tool for a bios that they've designed from the ground up. I believe they've even mentioned that they've developed a bios for it, in the Stellar product description. I think it's like X3 ConfigLive, but WAY nicer. A proprietary BIOS and configuration tool, just like Xecuter 3. You would still have a dash to boot to... I don't think StellarOS is a dashboard.

Of course, this is all speculation. I'm just going by my experience of how mods for the Xbox traditionally work.

7 hours ago, zatchbot said:

There is little hope these two communities will come together without a third party... for various reasons.

image.png.4ee14f050e083a568a41a6f97f1d0990.png

https://discord.com/channels/643467096906399804/748082772752728076/1026389695833321523

Okay, I dunno who the hell RedHerring32 is, but this pisses me off. He's referring to the fact that CerBIOS is based on a hacked version of the MS bios... Aren't they ALL? "Wildly different than what the patches were written for." Well,lah-de-dah. Wouldn't want to taint your reputation by allowing for the support of a TWENTY YEAR OLD PIECE OF FRIGGIN' FIRMWARE that MS probably couldn't care less about at this point. Isn't the M8 a hacked version of the MS bios? IT has an HD+ patch available. So why does IT get one and CerBIOS doesnt? What's the difference? Why does anything have to be "written" differently? This sounds like bullshit.

• Like 1

Both are bios and both are passing 2/3tb same way hence the 16tb limit.  Cerbios is so far superior but lacks 1.6 support.  Titan bios works on all models but not yet hd+ 100% compatible.  For this reason I have 2 master 4tb hdds one titan and one cerbios.

Cerbios

Custom boot animations

Xiso SUpport

In game reset

Just lacks 1.6 support and hd+ support

Titan

No custom boot animations

No xiso support

No in game reset

Isn't titan just a set of patches? Pretty sure a LOT of mainstream BIOSes have been patched with Titan. Also, I just want to point out that the custom boot animations are just XBE files that the bios has been programmed to load/boot FIRST, then once they are done, either the bios then loads a dash executable or the boot animation XBE loads the dash when it's done playing. I'm not sure which, because my knowledge is shit.

* To much text to display. * 

Rocky5 has made a EvoX m8+ XISO BFM bios. I wonder if it would be possible doing a XISO version for EvoX-TITAN.

7 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

* To much to quote *

Sure all bioses are based on hacked or leaked code with some small exceptions of Cromwell, Gentoox, XblastOS.

And I wrote once what I think about what gaasedelen wrote that he's not coding for hacked bioses and stick to EvoX (Which is also warez if you will so). Base line was "It didn't look good on his vita".  

MakeMHz in my eyes is the new "Team Xecuter". It's all about the money. 

Finaly if Team Cerbios is not able to reverse engineering the HD+ stuff to support it with there bios, cerbios is only of interest for ppl without MakeMHz mod and yes, it will splitt the small group of ogxbox users further. 

How ever, there must happend something in the past (we are not aware of) that both partys are not willing to team up or at least give each other "support". (I guess again it's about money or just to big egos (#TeamXecuter). 

At the end you have as user have to decide what you want. Cerbios or MakeMHz.

And.... Maybe, just maybe team cerbios could grab the HDMI mod from Ryzee and make there own stuff as open source. *Just wonder ;)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Rocky5 has made a EvoX m8+ XISO BFM bios. I wonder if it would be possible doing a XISO version for EvoX-TITAN.

Sure all bioses are based on hacked or leaked code with some small exceptions of Cromwell, Gentoox, XblastOS.

And I wrote once what I think about what gaasedelen wrote that he's not coding for hacked bioses and stick to EvoX (Which is also warez if you will so). Base line was "It didn't look good on his vita".  

MakeMHz in my eyes is the new "Team Xecuter". It's all about the money. 

Finaly if Team Cerbios is not able to reverse engineering the HD+ stuff to support it with there bios, cerbios is only of interest for ppl without MakeMHz mod and yes, it will splitt the small group of ogxbox users further. 

How ever, there must happend something in the past (we are not aware of) that both partys are not willing to team up or at least give each other "support". (I guess again it's about money or just to big egos (#TeamXecuter). 

At the end you have as user have to decide what you want. Cerbios or MakeMHz.

And.... Maybe, just maybe team cerbios could grab the HDMI mod from Ryzee and make there own stuff as open source. *Just wonder ;)

LOL. "Too much to quote." I laughed for like 2 minutes straight at that.

Okay, a few things:

1. Here is my full theory regarding HD+ support: MakeMHZ has known for a while now that they were planning to release Stellar/StellarOS. It didn't just come out of nowhere. The HD+ profits were probably used to fund production costs for the Stellar design. It was probably easier to develop an HDMI encoder first, so that's what they went with. They needed a way for consumers to use it or nobody would buy it. So they picked a BIOS that was popular enough (but lacking more advanced/attractive features) and ONLY that BIOS, and that enabled people to use the HD+. However, since they wanted to be able to sell the SHIT out of Stellar, they held back on support for other BIOSes. They wanted Stellar to have the selling point of featuring a BIOS AND hardware hookups that would provide the most compatible-ass HD+ experience possible;  along with having support for RAM upgrades (256MB? WTF is that about?) and large HD support, among other things. It looks like (as long as their product's claims are legit) it will provide that. But they've gone and been shady in the process. Maybe in 2003 I would have believed an excuse like, "I don't want to damage my reputation by supporting/enabling the use of pirated/modified firmware or software." But it's 2022. Nobody cares about the 20 year old, questionable origins of a current bios of a console that's been obsolete for 3 generations... and being used by a niche minority of people who remain mostly unknown by the public. Blow it out your ass. 

Now, that being said, I will probably buy Stellar, since it looks badass and I support any project that was well thought out and well done... but I WILL feel slightly guilty about it. Which brings me to point 2.

2. I agree with you about the open-source point. I will build a Stellar/HD+ box. HOWEVER, I would also like to build a box with a chip that rivals the Stellar. It would be nice if the OpenXenium were still being sold in a semi-professional capacity, instead of relying on purchasing from this forum or friggin' eBay. If CerBIOS found a means to release their OWN chip (or start selling OpenXeniums with XeniumOS and CerBIOS already on it) that would be TITS. Combine that with an open-source HDMI solution, like you mentioned, and you have a pretty decent, honest feel-good package for the people that don't want to support what they might view as the next Team Xecuter. In fact, I think I'm going to explore facilitating this (we'll see :p)

3. Maybe Team CerBIOS could finagle HD+ support, but I suspect that MakeMHZ would find a way to block it, like a corporation would.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Donnie-Burger said:

Cerbios is so far superior but lacks 1.6 support

I wouldn’t call it superior if it excludes ~20% of the community ;) 

Any reason why they never bothered to make a 1.6 bios? 

@Bowlsnapper I guess the main reason is that they picked a bios that works for every xbox. This way they could sell more units :D. 
Regarding the features:

- don’t care about custom boot animation, I bet you most of the community thinks the same

-XISO is nice to have, but folders are superior except for the games with long filenames. XISO loading takes longer and they take up more space.

- IGR, yes this is very nice and probably the only killer feature. But in reality for me the only time I would use it extensively is when I setup my XBOX. 

So of all the features IGR is the only one I really would miss.

Now there is one small problem with your conspiracy theory, the RP2040 was released January 2021 and the XHOX HD 2years prior to that I think. But Dustin might be meeting with the ceo of RPi in comets pizza in Washington. It would explain where he got his inspiration from to name the product Stellar 🤣

37 minutes ago, coldasijs said:

I wouldn’t call it superior if it excludes ~20% of the community ;) 

Any reason why they never bothered to make a 1.6 bios? 

@Bowlsnapper I guess the main reason is that they picked a bios that works for every xbox. This way they could sell more units :D. 
Regarding the features:

- don’t care about custom boot animation, I bet you most of the community thinks the same

-XISO is nice to have, but folders are superior except for the games with long filenames. XISO loading takes longer and they take up more space.

- IGR, yes this is very nice and probably the only killer feature. But in reality for me the only time I would use it extensively is when I setup my XBOX. 

So of all the features IGR is the only one I really would miss.

Now there is one small problem with your conspiracy theory, the RP2040 was released January 2021 and the XHOX HD 2years prior to that I think. But Dustin might be meeting with the ceo of RPi in comets pizza in Washington. It would explain where he got his inspiration from to name the product Stellar 🤣

I realize that the last paragraph was meant to be a joke, but I don't understand it... other than the pizza store/conspiracy reference. Lol.

The boot anims are cool, but it would be nice if it were built into the bios somehow instead of being an XBE.

I agree that folders are superior. Also, less wasteful of space.

I actually use IGR pretty often.

5 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

SQL database has a buffer overflow *Damn, so much text*. Error 0815 or maybe 4711 (The Server isn't to sure).

I think *DANGER: Brain processing....* that I don't build a Stella XBox. The HD+ already has 5 revisions, I wait for the Interstella(r) version. (And even then I probably don't build one). I don't have the need for it. I'm a simply guy which is happy with TSOP flash and simple Wii2HDMI adapter for personal use. 

And building one to sell it would be a 6 month sale (or longer). Here in görmany the ppl. aren't that crazy about XBox or at least they are not willing to pay for it. Tell someone here that he needs to pay at least *Try to do math, please be quiet and stand by...*  ~250,- - 350,- Euros for an 128MB XBox with HDMI + Startech + HDD would be endup showing you the finger. 

They also will tell you thy doing it on there own because they think it's simple as f***. (Yea, it's simple as f*** to f*** up your XBox :D;))

And the 256MB of ram thing sounds good but for what? It would be nice if they provide game patches to make use of the extra ram but I don't think that this will be the case and also questionable if it makes a real world different if a game could use the extra ram. 

Finaly, I read somewhere that there will be an updatet version of the Titan patch which fixes some things like IGR but not to sure if that still will happen. So I guess time will tell...

2 hours ago, coldasijs said:

Here could be a quote but the sever is lazy and the guy who does the quote had a clown for breakfast today.

Team Cerbios is working on a version for 1.6. It just need some more time.

And I think I have to disagree on the folder - xiso thing. 

Lamborghini
XISO : 1.477.902.336 Bytes
Folder : 1.477.246.406 Bytes

Burnout 3
XISO : 2.955.935.744 Bytes
Folder : 2.955.131.725 Bytes

Advent Rising
XISO : 4.521.656.320 Bytes
Folder : 4.520.246.236 Bytes

Would these some bytes realy blow your HDD? How ever, maybe they load slower which I can't confirm since I never used a XISO. 

38 minutes ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

And building one to sell it would be a 6 month sale (or longer). Here in görmany the ppl. aren't that crazy about XBox or at least they are not willing to pay for it. Tell someone here that he needs to pay at least *Try to do math, please be quiet and stand by...*  ~250,- - 350,- Euros for an 128MB XBox with HDMI + Startech + HDD would be endup showing you the finger. 

yeah I'm in similar boat. I still have a 1.6 XBOX around, I was planning to replace it fully by my 1.4 Ghz 128 mb box and sell off the 1.6. The only problem is that the materials like the startech adapater, new HDD will cost me more than what I could sell it for. Typical XBOX goes for around 50 euro's here in NL, not to mention that it would cost me some time to set it up and load it with games to make it even a little interesting. I'll keep it around, maybe one of my sons will be interested in the XBOX in the future.

The other XBOX will get the full treatment including Stellar and 256 mb RAM when it becomes available. Just because I can do it :D.

38 minutes ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Lamborghini

Burnout 3

Advent Rising

Would these some bytes realy blow your HDD? How ever, maybe they load slower which I can't confirm since I never used a XISO. 

Nice on the 1.6 version. Might grab it, because IGR on TITAN is annoying. Sometimes it works but usually it doesn't

And I stand corrected, I understood from the stellar topic that XISO's were also larger then folders, but I might have misunderstood the comment.

Edited by coldasijs

If you create XISO's with the "new" Repackinator app you end up with a large XISO because it didn't shrink the ISO/XISO. If you unpack the ISO and create a XISO with Xdvdmulleter you get smaller XISO's. 

About TITAN / Cerbios. I use TITAN+128MB patch the last time because idc for boot animations and such. And I love the 1 partition thing TITAN uses. 

Titan would be pefect perfect for me if gaasedelen could fix the IGR and add the 128MB support right into his patch. But real life goes first. 

19 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Okay, I dunno who the hell RedHerring32 is, but this pisses me off. He's referring to the fact that CerBIOS is based on a hacked version of the MS bios... Aren't they ALL? "Wildly different than what the patches were written for." Well,lah-de-dah. Wouldn't want to taint your reputation by allowing for the support of a TWENTY YEAR OLD PIECE OF FRIGGIN' FIRMWARE that MS probably couldn't care less about at this point. Isn't the M8 a hacked version of the MS bios? IT has an HD+ patch available. So why does IT get one and CerBIOS doesnt? What's the difference? Why does anything have to be "written" differently? This sounds like bullshit.

I really only grabbed RedHerring's post because Dustin (MakeMHZ) hasn't directly stated that there is no plan for support but he has made a few dismissive jokes about people using Cerbios. RedHerring is the guy who reversed the NES and made the OpenTendo. He has helped with the HD+ work from what I gathered and is a verified installer. He has pretty solid info most of the time.

My guess is that reverse engineered > post release leak > pre release leak is the logic with that statement, just a guess. Could be wrong, but that was how I took it. Depending on how early the leak was, and what the "bugs" were that are being referenced, there could be pretty major changes. It would also explain a little better why the same patches would not work for Cerbios.

While I agree with you 100%, we seem to only make up a small chunk of people who want both lol. Maybe there comes a day MakeMHZ writes a patch but I expect the solution to eventually come from a community member.

I won't touch Stellar till HD+ runs on QLED without any problems....

I know it's not fair to compare Electron Shepherds Analog2HDMI but it works with no problems... doesn't matter which HDMI Cable I use or HDMI Input I take at my TV.

I have four HDMI Cable and only one works for the HD+ only at HDMI Input 3 (eARC)...

It only works flowless on my second and crap old LCD TV... this is really annoying :(

20 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

I think *DANGER: Brain processing....* that I don't build a Stella XBox. The HD+ already has 5 revisions, I wait for the Interstella(r) version. (And even then I probably don't build one). I don't have the need for it. I'm a simply guy which is happy with TSOP flash and simple Wii2HDMI adapter for personal use. 

They also will tell you thy doing it on there own because they think it's simple as f***. (Yea, it's simple as f*** to f*** up your XBox :D;))

And the 256MB of ram thing sounds good but for what? It would be nice if they provide game patches to make use of the extra ram but I don't think that this will be the case and also questionable if it makes a real world different if a game could use the extra ram. 

Finaly, I read somewhere that there will be an updatet version of the Titan patch which fixes some things like IGR but not to sure if that still will happen. So I guess time will tell...

Lamborghini

Burnout 3

Advent Rising

What's with the SQL database buffer overflow message in my quote? Did you see that? LOL.

7 hours ago, Onaga said:

I won't touch Stellar till HD+ runs on QLED without any problems....

I know it's not fair to compare Electron Shepherds Analog2HDMI but it works with no problems... doesn't matter which HDMI Cable I use or HDMI Input I take at my TV.

I have four HDMI Cable and only one works for the HD+ only at HDMI Input 3 (eARC)...

It only works flowless on my second and crap old LCD TV... this is really annoying :(

Any idea why certain TV controller boards don't accept the signal from the HD+? I've seen what you're mentioning a few times, now. The common theme seems to be QLED.

11 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

What's with the SQL database buffer overflow message in my quote? Did you see that? LOL.

Ofc I see that massage and even more, I wrote it. :D 

10 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Any idea why certain TV controller boards don't accept the signal from the HD+? I've seen what you're mentioning a few times, now. The common theme seems to be QLED.

Sloppy development? From which I have heard Sony QLED TV's have problems with the MakeMHz adapters. Not to sure about others. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Ofc I see that massage and even more, I wrote it. :D 

Sloppy development? From which I have heard Sony QLED TV's have problems with the MakeMHz adapters. Not to sure about others. 

OMG. Your joke was so 1337 It went right over my middle-browed head. Respect! :) That was genius.

... Do I really type that much? Lol. 

Such an odd problem. I thought QLED was just an LCD backlight gate behind an actual LCD display. How on earth does that end up complicating things? Weird. The ES adapter does seem like God Tier material. Would like to get a hold of one some time.

On 10/17/2022 at 10:02 AM, Bowlsnapper said:

I agree that folders are superior. Also, less wasteful of space.

That is not 100% true. For games with 1000's of tiny files an iso can be a more space efficient storage solution, this is due to cluster sizes on the bigger hdds in an Xbox. 

If your HDD has a cluster size of 64k and your game has tons of tiny files that are less than 64k in size (they do exist) then those files will always take up 64k each on the hard drive. In this case an Iso can use less space overall. 

Unless you are using the full redump style isos which are all the full dvd size and will always take more space.

ISO mounting also allows some games that either don't run or have problems running in extracted form to run perfectly. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/17/2022 at 11:38 AM, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Lamborghini

Burnout 3

Advent Rising

THIS. I used a combination of ISO and folders to get the NTSC/Pal Exclusive set on a 2tb hard drive. I only left off the Club Football games.

Back on topic.. I still say this whole thing is just going to fragment an already relatively small community, yes, they may be pushing the tech forward, but they are splintering the userbase as the same time. 

Edited by nikeymikey

9 hours ago, nikeymikey said:

That is not 100% true. For games with 1000's of tiny files an iso can be a more space efficient storage solution, this is due to cluster sizes on the bigger hdds in an Xbox. 

If your HDD has a cluster size of 64k and your game has tons of tiny files that are less than 64k in size (they do exist) then those files will always take up 64k each on the hard drive. In this case an Iso can use less space overall. 

Unless you are using the full redump style isos which are all the full dvd size and will always take more space.

ISO mounting also allows some games that either don't run or have problems running in extracted form to run perfectly. 

All of that makes sense, I admit. I'm just accustomed to having full access to the filesystem of any device I use and it makes me feel better and more in control. Also makes it easier to run 720p versions of games, since you can just drop the 720p version of the .xbe in the root folder of the game (even make a shortcut to it) and just execute it. No work, other than FTPing the executable over. Makes it easier to modify game contents as well, rather than extracting an iso, modifying contents, repacking and transferring back to the box. Ya know?

Your point about cluster sizes is taken, though.

Maybe it would be more fair to say that it's a preferrable way to do things rather than a "superior" way for certain people.

When it comes to the games that only run as an emulated disc, then I would obviously be reliant on ISOs for those... but that's IT, man. 😛

• Like 1