OGXbox.com

OGXBox Installer 2021

sweetdarkdestiny

4 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Well, have you seen the dates when that was? Feb. 2022. 

And since Cerb has problems with some games why not use a EvoX or iND bios as second bios or even main bios (In case you don't use CCI or a HDD bigger as 2TB) till team Cerbios has fixed the problems? 

I also like to flash a hidden EvoX to the TSOP when setting up a xbox with modchip.  

Problems with certain games? What problems?

Update:  Tried recopying all the OGXBOX Installer files (extracted via XDVDMulleter 10.2) to the stock hard drive in my XBOX v1.2 with Cerbios in case something didn't transfer as expected the first time, but still get the same resulting Error 16 when selecting default.xbe I only have the stock HD installed and available right now but plan on installing a larger HD (probably a 1 TB) sometime in the future.

Swapped DVD drives (both Philips) but wasn't able to get the Installer disc to auto execute either.  Installer 1.5.4 .iso was burned to a DVD-R using ImgBurn at a rate around 2.4x.

Anything obvious I am doing wrong or should try differently to make the Installer load properly so i can install dashboards, etc?

Thanks

9 hours ago, arfows said:

Update:  Tried recopying all the OGXBOX Installer files (extracted via XDVDMulleter 10.2) to the stock hard drive in my XBOX v1.2 with Cerbios in case something didn't transfer as expected the first time, but still get the same resulting Error 16 when selecting default.xbe I only have the stock HD installed and available right now but plan on installing a larger HD (probably a 1 TB) sometime in the future.

Swapped DVD drives (both Philips) but wasn't able to get the Installer disc to auto execute either.  Installer 1.5.4 .iso was burned to a DVD-R using ImgBurn at a rate around 2.4x.

Anything obvious I am doing wrong or should try differently to make the Installer load properly so i can install dashboards, etc?

Thanks

Don't extract the files from the disc image. 

Simply burn the dot iso file to DVD-R disc and boot it in your MODDED Xbox. 

It will not boot on an unmodded Xbox.

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

Don't extract the files from the disc image. 

Simply burn the dot iso file to DVD-R disc and boot it in your MODDED Xbox. 

It will not boot on an unmodded Xbox.

Thanks, for the iso clarification...think I confused what I read on another post where .iso couldn't load itself, but maybe that's only if you ftp an iso to the hard drive vice running it off a disc? In this instance, the iso disc wasn't being read...tried it with two different DVD media brands types and two different drives (both philips) on a Cerbios flashed XBOX.  Tonight on a whim, decided to try it with a different brand DVD drive, this time a Hitachi.  It took a couple of minutes but finally read the disc!  Thanks for the help and support!

My main reason for the TSOP was to have the no-DVD capability and the ability to throw any hard drive in there...so now I'll install a single dash (there are so many on the disc I've never heard of that I'll have to do my research, hopefully there's a page that explains them all or at least shows a gallery) and I think I should hopefully be set.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, arfows said:

Thanks, for the iso clarification...think I confused what I read on another post where .iso couldn't load itself, but maybe that's only if you ftp an iso to the hard drive vice running it off a disc? In this instance, the iso disc wasn't being read...tried it with two different DVD media brands types and two different drives (both philips) on a Cerbios flashed XBOX.  Tonight on a whim, decided to try it with a different brand DVD drive, this time a Hitachi.  It took a couple of minutes but finally read the disc!  Thanks for the help and support!

My main reason for the TSOP was to have the no-DVD capability and the ability to throw any hard drive in there...so now I'll install a single dash (there are so many on the disc I've never heard of that I'll have to do my research, hopefully there's a page that explains them all or at least shows a gallery) and I think I should hopefully be set.

Have you ever burned a disk image from ISO before?

Yes, several times but it had been a long time ago and that's why I was confused when neither of the first two attempts of  burning the iso on different media wasn't being loaded either off a power on or with a launch disc command on two different drives...then read somewhere that the iso couldn't load itself and that's where i started second guessing myself if i had forgotten if another file needed to be added to a non game iso to spool it up, when it turns out I just had two consecutive DVD drive incompatibilities.  Hardware rule of threes I guess.  All good now though, thanks!

On 10/22/2023 at 6:30 AM, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Well, have you seen the dates when that was? Feb. 2022. 

And since Cerb has problems with some games why not use a EvoX or iND bios as second bios or even main bios (In case you don't use CCI or a HDD bigger as 2TB) till team Cerbios has fixed the problems? 

I also like to flash a hidden EvoX to the TSOP when setting up a xbox with modchip.  

FYI: Other scene bioses also have problems with certain games. Actualy cerbios is compatible with the full game library. As you know, you just need to follow the compatibility list, all games are supported as iso except 7. (but all games do play on cerbios). Cerbios is the only known scene bios where all games where tested on and working.

• Like 1

Just now, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Wasn't there something about games that run natively in 480p have problems? 

no, you are confusing it with the 1.6 bug which is also present in the retail bios. What is still a bug in Cerbios is the operation of the RGB SCART connection, which does not work on a 1.6. But this was only a thing in Europe and most did not have that cable but only the composite cable and the composite cable works.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, arfows said:

Don't know exactly, the drives would spool up but just wouldn't launch the discs

This is solved by preformatting the drives with FATXplorer. Otherwise the BFM locks up the box and the installer will not boot. Light turns red as the BFM is loaded and DVD drive starts flipping out into infinity. No idea why.

The Non-PBL version may not have this issue.

1 hour ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Save water. Drink coffee!

There is no non BFM anymore and there will be non in the future. Removed it a long time ago and now with cerb it would not make any seens to offer one. If something in that direction is needed, Slayers is the way to go. 

And you do not need to pre-setup the HDD with Fatxplorer in the first place. I NEVER did it. And whats funny is that TruHeXEn seams not to have that "bug" since it will most like boot on the xbox which refuses to load my installer. And to make it even more funny is the fact that both use the same BFM. Hope to get it fixed with the new cerbios BFM (Which can be testet with the actual cerbios flasher disc.).  At the end this "bug" seams happen not that often. 

And if I remember correct (remember I'm a old fuck :D ), Slayers bootet on your XBox. That makes me think that something with the the HDD was wrong. 

Edited by sweetdarkdestiny

7 minutes ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

There is no non BFM anymore and there will be non in the future. Removed it a long time ago and now with cerb it would not make any seens to offer one. If something in that direction is needed, Slayers is the way to go. 

And you do not need to pre-setup the HDD with Fatxplorer in the first place. I NEVER did it. And whats funny is that TruHeXEn seams not to have that "bug" since it will most like boot on the xbox which refuses to load my installer. And to make it even more funny is the fact that both use the same BFM. Hope to get it fixed with the new cerbios BFM (Which can be testet with the actual cerbios flasher disc.).  At the end this "bug" seams happen not that often. 

And if I remember correct (remember I'm a old fuck :D ), Slayers bootet on your XBox. That makes me think that something with the the HDD was wrong. 

Yes, Slayers works with an unformatted drive every time, without failure, but is just not preferred and is a last resort. Do you have any idea why the Pheonix Bios Loader doesn't like unformatted drives? Seems like such a strange problem... I'm glad that you're working on the next installer. The 2021 version is one that I always use when I need an installer!

Why do you prefer to use a BFM for the installer? Slayers does not so I'm wondering what this enables? :)

I took your advice and drank some coffee. Now I'm fuckin SPRACKED. Thanks. Lol.

Not PBL seams to be the problem.

As I said, TruHeXEn/HeXEn can boot on those XBox which refuse to boot my installer. Both use the same base. Same PBL, same bios, and almost the same config. So from time to time someone have problems with the auto detect of UX for the HDD. The moment the light on the xbox turns red, the BFM bios has loaded without a problem. But somewhere around that moment there must be something which causes the bug. It would be interesting to know if the Cerbios flasher would boot of an xbox which refuses to boot my Installer. 

In case the PBL would force this behavior (Which is highly unlikely (0.0000000000001% of a chance IMO) I could work around that with a non BFM loading stage which could offer looks like this :

Boot the disc with EvoX (ineasted of UX) which then offers 3 options

1. Load UX Installer DHCP  (BFM)
  2. Load UX Installer StaticIP (BFM)
  3. Load XBPartitioner (NO BFM) (In case of boot problems with any of the bot above options)

I have that idea for a long time but not to sure if I go to add it. 

Why I use a BFM? It gives me access to some things I would call "gimmicks" but those gimmicks are cool and sometimes useful (at least imo). 

And I can access any partiton with it. You may remember topics where ppl wrote they see there G partiton with my installer (Or even HeXEn ...) but not with the bios on the chip. Thats because of the LBA mode the BFM provides. So the user has an bios with a lover LBA mode and cant see it. It also provides some benefits when it comes to deal with softmods. 

And the new version is actualy what 1 1/2 years old? I'm working on it on and off but there wasn't realy a reason to update it till cerbios. And it will not come till there a way to setup an HDD for cerb on the xbox. Finaly it will be much more different as the installer is right now. 

In the mean time I'm working on the Cerbios flasher/installer disc which could be an endpoint because if we see things clear there is basicly no real reason to flash any other bios (Except fo a Hidden EvoX which I like to do as I wrote somewhere) or a XBlast bios or MAYBE a x3.  So there will be a lot of things removed but also a lot of things added. 

Version 1.5.4 could be considered an "archive" disc or something which would be still nice to have.

That beeing said, I may do some sort of sub menu like " XBox Archive" or something which is on a second disc (or even on v1.5.4) and can be sideloaded from the main installer by simply useing BFM features. ;) We will see how things go. 

EDIT: A WIP screen of the new theme I'm working on for the new version.

WiP - Theme Idea.jpg

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Not PBL seams to be the problem.

As I said, TruHeXEn/HeXEn can boot on those XBox which refuse to boot my installer. Both use the same base. Same PBL, same bios, and almost the same config. So from time to time someone have problems with the auto detect of UX for the HDD. The moment the light on the xbox turns red, the BFM bios has loaded without a problem. But somewhere around that moment there must be something which causes the bug. It would be interesting to know if the Cerbios flasher would boot of an xbox which refuses to boot my Installer. 

In case the PBL would force this behavior (Which is highly unlikely (0.0000000000001% of a chance IMO) I could work around that with a non BFM loading stage which could offer looks like this :

Boot the disc with EvoX (ineasted of UX) which then offers 3 options

1. Load UX Installer DHCP  (BFM)
  2. Load UX Installer StaticIP (BFM)
  3. Load XBPartitioner (NO BFM) (In case of boot problems with any of the bot above options)

I have that idea for a long time but not to sure if I go to add it. 

Why I use a BFM? It gives me access to some things I would call "gimmicks" but those gimmicks are cool and sometimes useful (at least imo). 

And I can access any partiton with it. You may remember topics where ppl wrote they see there G partiton with my installer (Or even HeXEn ...) but not with the bios on the chip. Thats because of the LBA mode the BFM provides. So the user has an bios with a lover LBA mode and cant see it. It also provides some benefits when it comes to deal with softmods. 

And the new version is actualy what 1 1/2 years old? I'm working on it on and off but there wasn't realy a reason to update it till cerbios. And it will not come till there a way to setup an HDD for cerb on the xbox. Finaly it will be much more different as the installer is right now. 

In the mean time I'm working on the Cerbios flasher/installer disc which could be an endpoint because if we see things clear there is basicly no real reason to flash any other bios (Except fo a Hidden EvoX which I like to do as I wrote somewhere) or a XBlast bios or MAYBE a x3.  So there will be a lot of things removed but also a lot of things added. 

Version 1.5.4 could be considered an "archive" disc or something which would be still nice to have.

That beeing said, I may do some sort of sub menu like " XBox Archive" or something which is on a second disc (or even on v1.5.4) and can be sideloaded from the main installer by simply useing BFM features. ;) We will see how things go. 

EDIT: A WIP screen of the new theme I'm working on for the new version.

WiP - Theme Idea.jpg

If the BFM allows the access of partitions like that... shouldn't the person be using a bios that supports that anyway? So they can use the HDD in the long run? Wouldn't that hardmod/bios support extend to the installer? I could see a BFM being useful for softmodded consoles, but hardmod? It just seems to conflict with the bios that's already been loaded... in my case anyway. 

I'm sure I'm about to be corrected :)

The BFM is LBA48. And if you have an old or even "modern" EvoX m8+ which just supports LBA28 (F only) you don't see the G partition. So if the user setup a HDD on the PC with 2TB but didn't know he has an old bios with LBA28 on it what happends? Right, he didn't see his G but with the installer he can. Now he's confused and post here in the forum. :D ;)

The word from the off appears in the forum (We all know it's Kaos) like magic and tell the user to fash a more modern LBA48 patched bios. 

And the BFM does not get in confilct with the bios on the chip. Once your power on your XBox the bios is loaded from your chip and done. Then PBL magicly loads the BFM into the ram and voila.....

Download the Cerbios Flasher Disc and check if you still have problems with your bitchy xbox. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

It would be interesting to know if the Cerbios flasher would boot of an xbox which refuses to boot my Installer.

When using my Philips DVD drives your Cerbios installer was read, loaded, and worked perfectly but 1.5.4 would not boot or load (file was seen in file mgr though).  When I switched to the Hitachi DVD drive both worked fine, albeit 1.5.4 ran a bit slow.  The confounder to this is media type and DVD drive compatibility issues -the Cerbios installer iso I burned to a CD but 1.5.4 iso was burned twice, onto two separate DVD media (TDK DVD-R and some generic).

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, arfows said:

When using my Philips DVD drives your Cerbios installer was read, loaded, and worked perfectly but 1.5.4 would not boot or load (file was seen in file mgr though).  When I switched to the Hitachi DVD drive both worked fine, albeit 1.5.4 ran a bit slow.  The confounder to this is media type and DVD drive compatibility issues -the Cerbios installer iso I burned to a CD but 1.5.4 iso was burned twice, onto two separate DVD media (TDK DVD-R and some generic).

Thanks for the feedback. :) 

The reason that the 1.5.4 is slower is, that the main config is ~4 times as big (~2800 lines of code) as the one from the Cerb. flasher. Thats why it takes longer to load. ;)

• 4 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, daire said:

Soooo, new to this and i messed up ehehe Ive flashed the MS retail bios and now i cant get to the OGBOX installer anymore, i need a new chip right

I have an aladdin xt+

You should be able to boot an installer disc and build your hard drive that way.

2 hours ago, daire said:

Soooo, new to this and i messed up ehehe Ive flashed the MS retail bios and now i cant get to the OGBOX installer anymore, i need a new chip right

I have an aladdin xt+

Well, you have two options. You can buy a NANO USB programmer or get you buy new chip (Or you know someone who can flash the PLCC chip for you). 

2 hours ago, Marty said:

You should be able to boot an installer disc and build your hard drive that way.

Stop posting bullshit. HOW on earth should he boot an installer with a retail bios on his modchip? Do you guys even read a post (you quotet) before posting such shit? He said he cant bot the installer cuz he has flashed a retail bios to his chip and you tell him he can boot the installer with an retail bios on the chip. Fuck sake.....