OGXbox.com

OGXBox Installer 2021

sweetdarkdestiny

13 hours ago, BlueberryPoot said:

Alright! So i'll basically just setup my current HDD as a new HDD i'll assume!

Thank you so much!

Got the Xbox running and setup just the way i like it! I wonder what the previous owner had installed before i wiped it - with all the games installed as i had before, i still have 70 gigabytes to spare. And that's including uninstalling whatever i could easily find.

Thank you for the image!

• 1 month later...

@sweetdarkdestiny thanks so much for this installer!!

I’m just getting into the OG scene and have been reading and getting up to speed on things while I wait for a few things in the mail. 

Just had a quick question - my plan is to TSOP flash my v1.4 and install a 2TB drive. 

My plan so far:

1. Softmod the Xbox

2. Boot OGXbox Installer, flash TSOP (ST)

3. Install new HDD (SATA>PATA adapter + 80wire cable)

4. Boot Installer and Set Up HDD.

I’ve seen you mention that you need for format the drive twice? What would the proper process using this installer?

im just waiting on the USB > Controller Port adapter to arrive and just wanted to get my plan sorted out  

Thanks!

3 hours ago, SaturnX said:

I’ve seen you mention that you need for format the drive twice? What would the proper process using this installer?

Once you have setup the HDD then load the installer disk and look in the live apps section, there is a program called XBpartitioner 1.3 load that and it will show all the drives, there will probably be a ER on partition 6 and or 7 

Start by pressing B to distribute the space of partitions 6 and 7 evenly the highlight partition 6 and the D-Pad right to reduce the size by 2gb (925.76gb) and repeat for partition 7, Now press the start button to format the HDD.

When the format is complete you need to power cycle the Xbox (power off then on) and reload the XBpartitioner 1.3 and highlight partition 6 (F drive) and increase the size using the D-Pad left to 927.76gb and repeat for partition 7 (G Drive) and press start to format.

The reason for doing this way is there is a bug in the XBpartitioner program.

Now you can start to copy your games to the HDD.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for making this disk, I'm yet to use it however I've just bought another Xbox to replace my old one that stopped outputting video, first I had to bend the cable upwards to get a signal on the screen, but over time that stopped working and it got no signal at all, I tried reflowing the solder on the video connector but it made no difference.  So I bought a crystal xbox with a xenium ice chip.  it's only got a 250gb hdd in it so I'm upgrading it to a 2TB, I have a WD green 2tb laying around that I've run WDidle on some time ago so I intend to use that and this disk to get the business done.  So thanks again for making this, it's so awesome stuff is still being developed for the Xbox 20 or so years later.  I appreciate it.

Also, do I use the MakeMHz HDMI edition, as I am using a xbox component connector which it going into a component to hdmi adapter to my HDTV? 

I don't really understand what this means in the nfo

The bioses on the MakeMHz HDMI Edition are not for the
never HD+ version! These have a different bios patch!
So do not flash the ones from the DVD to your modchip
or TSOP!

Edited by phrunt

31 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Also, do I use the MakeMHz HDMI edition, as I am using a xbox component connector which it going into a component to hdmi adapter to my HDTV? 

The MakeMHz HDMI Edition is only for MakeMHz users. It misses some options and it also didn't use a BFM bios because it causes problems with these adapters in most cases.

So you just use the regular version without the MakeMHz tag, ;)

And just one thing I need to say is, that I didn't developed anything. I just put toghter an installer (menu) with scripts, tools etc. others have developed which is a huge difference. So all credits belong to them and not me. How ever, I get you point and I'm pleased that you like the installer. :)

If you get any trouble with it, don't hesitate to ask for help. ;) :)

4 hours ago, SaturnX said:

@sweetdarkdestiny thanks so much for this installer!!

Like Dave already wrote you can launch XBP from the "Live Apps" Section (1.5.8. Launch XBPartitioner v1.3.) or you can also find the same option under "3.1.1. Launch XBPartitioner v1.3.". Both do same same thing.

And Dave also explained why you should do it and how you do it so yeah, cudos to Dave. ;)  (Hit his like and subscribe button :D)

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

Once you have setup the HDD then load the installer disk and look in the live apps section, there is a program called XBpartitioner 1.3 load that and it will show all the drives, there will probably be a ER on partition 6 and or 7 

Start by pressing B to distribute the space of partitions 6 and 7 evenly the highlight partition 6 and the D-Pad right to reduce the size by 2gb (925.76gb) and repeat for partition 7, Now press the start button to format the HDD.

When the format is complete you need to power cycle the Xbox (power off then on) and reload the XBpartitioner 1.3 and highlight partition 6 (F drive) and increase the size using the D-Pad left to 927.76gb and repeat for partition 7 (G Drive) and press start to format.

The reason for doing this way is there is a bug in the XBpartitioner program.

Now you can start to copy your games to the HDD.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

@SS_Dave @sweetdarkdestiny

Thanks so much for the explanation! Can’t wait for everything to arrive so I can get started!

One other noob question - I was planning to use xmbc4gamers as my main dash - which looks like I would simply install from the “Install Single Main Dash” section. 

Is there any reason to install the MS Dash as well? Do I need to use the MS Dash to set widescreen/HD output? (It’s an NTSC Xbox and I’ll be using component cables).

Lastly when it comes to the TSOP flash, my plan was to use the iND BIOS 5004.67? Is that a good idea, or any other recommendations?  or does it come down to personal preference between the iND and EvoX?

Sorry for all the questions!! Really appreciate the advice and support!

Edited by SaturnX
Spelling/Grammar

The MS Dash will always be installed by default and yes, you need it to enable some basic things like audio digital (if needed) or to enable/disable video output modes. And ofc you need it for easy savegame managment.

The bios is most likely something of personal taste as long as you don't have 128MB of ram. I would suggest to use an EvoX m8+ noDVD bios. But if you like to use an iND bios I would recommend the 5003.67 XISO which is probaly the smartest choice in combination with X4G as main dash.

And there is no need to say sorry for asking questions. It's better to ask now instead of screwing something up and ask later. ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ok that's good to know! So I don't need to install it separately?

Also... how would I boot into the MS Dash from X4G?

Regarding the bios - no 128MB here.

With EvoX - I was reading that it looks for the main dash (or shortcut) in a specific location (and that's hardcoded in the bios).  When using the Installer disc, will flashing the bios and installing X4G from the disc ensure it's in the right locations, or do I need to modify or create a shortcut?

Lastly re: 5004 vs 5003 - any particular reason why 5003.67 XISO for X4G?

I really appreciate your time and effort in responding :)

Edited by SaturnX

No, the MS Dash will be installed by default when you set up a new HDD.

You can launch the xboxdash.xbe by using the file explorer in X4G.
It should be also possible to place a shortcut (if not already there).

Every bios has default path's.
On my installer there are planty of pre configured bioses for every dashboard
so no need to edit something. Just flash a X4G bios and you are good.

The major difference, when it comes to the boot entires is, that the iND has
a config file (like the Xecuter) where you can edit the path of each dashboard.
The EvoX dosn't have that and to change the path for the bios you would need
a tool called "EvTool". It's very easy to use and not much more complicatet
like edeting a txt file. Down side for the Evox bios is, if you change something
you would need to reflash the bios. For the iND you just edit the config and reboot.
The EvoX though boots up a little bit faster because iND & Xecuter needs to load
the config first which coast you ~2 sec.

The 5003 XISO has some patches and the option to mount ISO files more easily using the included Dashloader app.  Here is the read me ot the iND Bios

Bios has been patched to fix the white+back shutdown bug and also the Ram speed patch has been applied.
( Patching done by xbox7887 from discord, great guy. )

XBL Patched by me, but original 5004 patch done by kl0wn.

You may ask why? when there is 5004, well 5004 cant have XISO support patched into it, 5003 can.
So if you want to load XISO off the HDD now you can and not have to worry about the shutdown bug.

Dashloader:
This is required for the XISO loading as ind-bios loads CDrom0 instead of CDRom1 like Softmods, so I have to do the launching of he xbe eg...
It also includes the kernel patcher (XISO support, softmods the kernel) and the dismounter, so it acts just like a HDD game would.
(its 1 xbe that does it all)

Using Dashloader Customizer you can toggle whether it dismounts the XISO on IGR or not.
( Triggers+Back+Start to go back to the dashboard, Triggers+Back+Black to reload the disc )

Shutdown Bug Fix:
; inject over 24 bytes of scratch space at 00007C31 until 00007C49
; original bytes =    8B15F0BA03808B9204BB038081E2FF0000005023C23BC258  
; assembled bytes =    508B430825FFFF00003DFFFF0000587407B8F37C0180FFE0

ASM Code:
push    eax
mov     eax, [ebx+8]
and     eax, 0FFFFh     ; XINPUT_GAMEPAD.wButtons.XINPUT_GAMEPAD_LEFT_TRIGGER | XINPUT_GAMEPAD.wButtons.XINPUT_GAMEPAD_RIGHT_TRIGGER
cmp     eax, 0FFFFh
pop     eax
jz     next
mov eax, 80017CF3    ; no_reset2
jmp eax
next:

Ram Patch:
; inject over 12 bytes of scratch space at 00022C52 until 00022C5E
; original bytes =    C3CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
; assembled bytes =    B9FF0200000F32B0060F30C3

ASM Code:
mov		ecx, 0x2ff
rdmsr
mov		al, 0x06
wrmsr

No Xbox Live Patch:
; Disabled Xbox showing as Debug Hardware
; inject over 7 bytes of scratch space at 00009484 until 0000948A
; original bytes =    830DA0DA038002
; assembled bytes =    90909090909090

ASM Code:
nop
nop
nop
nop
nop
nop
nop

; Jump patch section
; inject over 1 byte of scratch space at 00023F23
; original bytes =    75
; assembled bytes =    EB

ASM Code:
jmp     short loc_80033F34

; Jump patch section
; inject over 1 byte of scratch space at 00023F6F
; original bytes =    75

ASM Code:
jmp     short loc_80033F91

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is all great info, does the install disk include the 480P patched bios files? I run my Xboxes with 480p bioses as my HDTV goes mental if 480i is attempted on it and I'm using a Component to HDMI adapter to get it to even plug into my TV as it only has HDMI, no old connector options available on it.

I'm going to attempt to do my xbox tomorrow, after I put a 2TB into it. 

At the moment I've put a 480p patched M8+ bios on it, it's a 1.6 XBOX with a Xenium ICE.  I believe it's capable of a 2TB drive, soon see I guess.   I used EVtool to make it so partition 6 takes 137g partition 7 takes the rest as it seemed to be default to only having an F drive.

My bios had all the dashboard options defaulting to C drive so would I be best to flash with another one with them defaulting to F drive before trying to install off the disk?

Also, how do I know if my bios has LBA48 v3 patch, I got it from Force 480p XBOX bios collection v3.rar

Thanks for any guidance.

Edited by phrunt

Yes, there are two 480p iND bioses (5003 & 5004) and some 480p EvoX m8+ on it. For your 1.6 the only option is to use the EvoX bios.

The bios should be LBA patched since you have patched it with EvTool.

About the boot order, the bioses on this disc use the following :

1. C:\evoXdash.xbe
  2. E:\evoXdash.xbe
  3. C:\rescuedash\UnleashX\unleashx.xbe

Like you see above the bios first try to load the evoxdash.xbe of C then E. If both of these fails it will launch the rescuedash of C which gets installed by default with this installer.

The all C:\ bioses are outdated but as long as your first entry is C:\evoXdash.xbe it should boot fine. How ever you will not have the rescuedash option then.

F:\ is also pretty old (Slayer, Lord FireFucker (X-Disk) used F back in the day and some other, mostly spanish installer use/used these as well) and not supportet with my installer.

If you like to make your own bios the dashboards will be installed in:

• E:\Dash\UnleashX
  • E:\Dash\EvolutionX
  • E:\XBMC
  • E:\XBMC4Gamers
  • E:\XBMC-Emustation
  • E:\Dash\Avalaunch
  • C:\rescuedash\UnleashX\unleashx.xbe

By default the evoxdash.xbe (on C and E) of this installer is always a simple shortcuts which points to one of these dashboards.

So the main answer is yes, I would flash a new bios. Create your own one or use a provided on this installer.

• Thanks 1

Thank you so much for your detailed reply, I had a look on your DVD and it seems this bios is best for me? I will be using UnleashX as I prefer it.

EvoX.m8.480p.ece.fg.67.noDVD.UX.256.bin

Use your D-Pad UP and Down to scoll UP and Down.  
 To close this window press the "Back" button.     

! FORCE 480p BIOS !

You should never flash this unless your are 110% sure
what you are doing!

This is an F+G (.67) bios.
It's a noDVD bios. (Yes it will still boot any DVD you want).
It has no Logo in the upper left corner.
It has a blue XBox boot screen.

This bios will boot :

E:\Dash\UnleshX\unleashx.xbe
C:\evoxdash.xbe (Shortcut to E:\Dash\UnleshX\unleashx.xbe)
E:\Dash\evolutionx\evoxdash.xbe

Seeing I have a Xenium Ice I will flash this bios onto the chip first using the Xenium OS as it's quick and easy and then  boot from it to the DVD and start the install.

I assume the E:\Dash\UnleshX\unleashx.xbe is a typo and really means e:\Dash\UnleashX\unleashx.xbe?

Thanks for all of your help.

Edited by phrunt

10 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

No, the MS Dash will be installed by default when you set up a new HDD.

You can launch the xboxdash.xbe by using the file explorer in X4G.
It should be also possible to place a shortcut (if not already there).

Every bios has default path's.
On my installer there are planty of pre configured bioses for every dashboard
so no need to edit something. Just flash a X4G bios and you are good.

The major difference, when it comes to the boot entires is, that the iND has
a config file (like the Xecuter) where you can edit the path of each dashboard.
The EvoX dosn't have that and to change the path for the bios you would need
a tool called "EvTool". It's very easy to use and not much more complicatet
like edeting a txt file. Down side for the Evox bios is, if you change something
you would need to reflash the bios. For the iND you just edit the config and reboot.
The EvoX though boots up a little bit faster because iND & Xecuter needs to load
the config first which coast you ~2 sec.

The 5003 XISO has some patches and the option to mount ISO files more easily using the included Dashloader app.  Here is the read me ot the iND Bios

Bios has been patched to fix the white+back shutdown bug and also the Ram speed patch has been applied.
( Patching done by xbox7887 from discord, great guy. )

XBL Patched by me, but original 5004 patch done by kl0wn.

You may ask why? when there is 5004, well 5004 cant have XISO support patched into it, 5003 can.
So if you want to load XISO off the HDD now you can and not have to worry about the shutdown bug.

Dashloader:
This is required for the XISO loading as ind-bios loads CDrom0 instead of CDRom1 like Softmods, so I have to do the launching of he xbe eg...
It also includes the kernel patcher (XISO support, softmods the kernel) and the dismounter, so it acts just like a HDD game would.
(its 1 xbe that does it all)

Using Dashloader Customizer you can toggle whether it dismounts the XISO on IGR or not.
( Triggers+Back+Start to go back to the dashboard, Triggers+Back+Black to reload the disc )

Shutdown Bug Fix:
; inject over 24 bytes of scratch space at 00007C31 until 00007C49
; original bytes =    8B15F0BA03808B9204BB038081E2FF0000005023C23BC258  
; assembled bytes =    508B430825FFFF00003DFFFF0000587407B8F37C0180FFE0

ASM Code:
push    eax
mov     eax, [ebx+8]
and     eax, 0FFFFh     ; XINPUT_GAMEPAD.wButtons.XINPUT_GAMEPAD_LEFT_TRIGGER | XINPUT_GAMEPAD.wButtons.XINPUT_GAMEPAD_RIGHT_TRIGGER
cmp     eax, 0FFFFh
pop     eax
jz     next
mov eax, 80017CF3    ; no_reset2
jmp eax
next:

Ram Patch:
; inject over 12 bytes of scratch space at 00022C52 until 00022C5E
; original bytes =    C3CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
; assembled bytes =    B9FF0200000F32B0060F30C3

ASM Code:
mov		ecx, 0x2ff
rdmsr
mov		al, 0x06
wrmsr

No Xbox Live Patch:
; Disabled Xbox showing as Debug Hardware
; inject over 7 bytes of scratch space at 00009484 until 0000948A
; original bytes =    830DA0DA038002
; assembled bytes =    90909090909090

ASM Code:
nop
nop
nop
nop
nop
nop
nop

; Jump patch section
; inject over 1 byte of scratch space at 00023F23
; original bytes =    75

ASM Code:
jmp     short loc_80033F34

; Jump patch section
; inject over 1 byte of scratch space at 00023F6F
; original bytes =    75

ASM Code:
jmp     short loc_80033F91

Amazing!!! Thank you @sweetdarkdestiny for the detailed response and insight on the BIOSes. 

I just got my softmod done last night and the OG Xbox Installer boots up perfectly. 

Next step is soldering the TSOP points and getting the bios flashed. Then I’ll swap/set up the HDD. 

Thank you again for this!!

Is it possible the OGXBox 2021 Extras Disk 3 - GAME Wide+HDD Fixes+Updates v1.0.3.RAR on Mega is incomplete? I've downloaded it twice and it won't unrar, incomplete archive, I'm trying the one on 1fichier.com now but at first glance it seems to be complete as the file size is significantly bigger.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@sweetdarkdestiny

@SS_Dave

So I’ve run into a problem with the installer and flashing the bios and swapping the HDD on my Xbox v1.4

I soldered the TSOP points and removed the clock cap while I was in there - everything went smoothly. Booted up bios checker with the installer and all went well and showed the proper info (ST)

I then flashed the following bios: 

Evox m8+ CEE 67  noDVD (X4G) 256kb

The flash seemed to go successfully and the Xbox powered off.

I then swapped out the HDD (blank) to get to it set up. (Including 80 pin cable + SATA/IDE adapter  

The Xbox booted up with the blue X logo but then gave me an error 16 even with the installer disc in the drive.

i powered down put back my original HDD and 40 pin cable and now the Xbox boots up to the blue “x” and just hangs, even if I boot with the installer disc.

I’m at a loss here… any advice on what to do next?

Edited by SaturnX

Ok - just a quick update.

I was finally able to boot the installer again with my stock HDD attached.  I just stepped away and decided to give it a go a few hours later and it managed to boot off the installer disc which was promising.

This is where I need some support - as of right now my stock HDD still has the softmod files on it. I haven't tried booting into the dash again yet as I don't believe it'll work since I flashed the X4G bios.  The only thing I did prior to this was softmod with Rocky's v1.1.8 (which installed UnleashX).

This is where I need some help...

TSOP BIOS: Evox m8+ CEE 67  noDVD (X4G) 256kb

According to the Installer I have the following space free:

C : 0.73MB

E: 4,783MB

I want to set up my new (blank HDD) however when I last tried to replace it I was met with Error 16.

Could anyone let me know what steps I should take to make this happen?

I was really disheartened when the system would lock up at the Blue "X" logo, but I'm happy I was able to boot up the installer again with my stock HDD.

Thanks for the help!!

I'm no expert but until the smarter people appear I've had an error 16 before and it was similar to your situation, it means the date/time is messed up and you have no dashboard installed I believe and is normal after doing what you've done.  That'd be because you just removed the clock capacitor and put in a new hard drive.

When it happened to me all I had to do was boot off a installer DVD with the new blank hard drive in there and it installed everything and worked fine.

Are you sure your DVD drive isn't having trouble reading the DVD, that would make sense in this situation, especially seeing after you left it for a bit and tried again suddenly you were able to boot off the DVD.  Perhaps it just needs a few attempts to read the disk before timing out and trying to load the dash off the hdd.  They're super fussy with DVD's and burn speeds.

Edited by phrunt

4 hours ago, SaturnX said:

Ok - just a quick update.

I was finally able to boot the installer again with my stock HDD attached.  I just stepped away and decided to give it a go a few hours later and it managed to boot off the installer disc which was promising.

This is where I need some support - as of right now my stock HDD still has the softmod files on it. I haven't tried booting into the dash again yet as I don't believe it'll work since I flashed the X4G bios.  The only thing I did prior to this was softmod with Rocky's v1.1.8 (which installed UnleashX).

This is where I need some help...

TSOP BIOS: Evox m8+ CEE 67  noDVD (X4G) 256kb

According to the Installer I have the following space free:

C : 0.73MB

E: 4,783MB

I want to set up my new (blank HDD) however when I last tried to replace it I was met with Error 16.

Could anyone let me know what steps I should take to make this happen?

I was really disheartened when the system would lock up at the Blue "X" logo, but I'm happy I was able to boot up the installer again with my stock HDD.

Thanks for the help!!

Format the new HDD with FATXplorer 3.0 beta then copy the clean C and E files to there respective drives, Then down load the pre built Xbmc4gamers from rocky5's GitHub and copy that to E drive, Now fit the HDD to the Xbox and it should boot straight to Xbmc4gamers.

The EvoxM8+ cee 67 noDVD (X4G) bios is set to boot to xbmc4gamers from E:xbmc/default.xbe in it's boot list.

Cheers

SS Dave

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

Format the new HDD with FATXplorer 3.0 beta then copy the clean C and E files to there respective drives, Then down load the pre built Xbmc4gamers from rocky5's GitHub and copy that to E drive, Now fit the HDD to the Xbox and it should boot straight to Xbmc4gamers.

The EvoxM8+ cee 67 noDVD (X4G) bios is set to boot to xbmc4gamers from E:xbmc/default.xbe in it's boot list.

Cheers

SS Dave

Thanks so much @SS_Dave I’ll give that a go and report back. 

This might be a silly question, but after using FATXplorer, will that take care of formatting the F/G partitions? Or would I need to run XBPartioner?

Thanks for the help!!

1 hour ago, phrunt said:

I'm no expert but until the smarter people appear I've had an error 16 before and it was similar to your situation, it means the date/time is messed up and you have no dashboard installed I believe and is normal after doing what you've done.  That'd be because you just removed the clock capacitor and put in a new hard drive.

When it happened to me all I had to do was boot off a installer DVD with the new blank hard drive in there and it installed everything and worked fine.

Are you sure your DVD drive isn't having trouble reading the DVD, that would make sense in this situation, especially seeing after you left it for a bit and tried again suddenly you were able to boot off the DVD.  Perhaps it just needs a few attempts to read the disk before timing out and trying to load the dash off the hdd.  They're super fussy with DVD's and burn speeds.

I had thought about that - however prior to the TSOP flash, I didn’t have any issues reading burned discs. Whether it was a fluke coincidence, I’m not sure.