Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

I realy like that slim case render pic above ❤️ . But I still miss a display in the middle (Should be possible with one of those slim QLED ones?).

There are 2 optional oled displays beneath the tinted perspex lid that display temps, used memory etc. They dont show very well in the render but the YouTube video i posted 30th November (above) does show them. 

I suppose one could be mounted on the front, the Newhaven oled i modelled is about 4mm thick and the case thickness is 3mm

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all,   I built an xbox mini a few years ago and designed a case based loosely on ghostavels well known xbox mini. I had it laser cut from plexiglass and it turned out ok, but could be bet

So it's been a while but I've done a bit more work on this case and intend on releasing the design files so anyone can 3d print one if they choose to (once it's finalised). I've been 3d modelling

So the laser cut top pieces arrived but I forgot to allow for tolerances so I have to sand the edges a bit. I have now amended the .dxf so that it takes fit tolerances into consideration.  I've a

Posted Images

Started 3d printing some of the case. So far I've done the HDD bracket although it needs a bit of reinforcement to be more sturdy so I've redone it and will print it again. I've also started the (very) long process of printing the base to check the mount holes all line up.

Then I'll print the back to ensure the ports also line up and make any final corrections. After that It's time to print the whole thing and once I'm happy I'll upload the files :)

print3.jpg

print2.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ShinGoutetsu said:

Thanks 😊 I'll be uploading the stl's to thingiverse once I'm happy with them

Make sure you put a disclaimer on it to stop people printing it on mass and selling it commercially or on eVilbay

seen way to much of that, and its not fair on the author or designer.
 

 

I can see me printing one or two, I owe a friend big time who just gave me his executer 3 faced XBox and LCD.

He’s into retro, and minimal, so may well do one for him with a full on arcade set up on it, as payback.

Edited by big F
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, big F said:

Make sure you put a disclaimer on it to stop people printing it on mass and selling it commercially or on eVilbay

seen way to much of that, and its not fair on the author or designer.

Yes I know, I don't mind people printing it for themselves but profiting off of someone else's work (which has taken hundreds of hours) isn't cool.

 

It is quite minimal I guess, would make a great gift 👍

Edited by ShinGoutetsu
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, DobaMuffin said:

That looks really good so far

Thanks, I'm getting there slowly :) 

I've redesigned the hdd bracket for a sata hdd and startech sata to ide adapter, Now the hdd attaches to the underside of the bracket to allow for the adapter (otherwise it would be too tall for the case). There is still room for a modchip below it.

I have since added the 4 screw mount points for the hdd and reinforced it a bit.

Changing the hdd bracket has meant changing a few other things (plus some slight tweaks here and there) so I need to re print the entire case and I have no filament until wednesday as I've ran out.

 

xbox mini sata hdd bracket.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, DobaMuffin said:

I see your model uses a 1.0 motherboard. Are you planning on designing it for 1.0 or just the 1.1+ boards? Also what connector did you use in that model to connect the power adapter board to the console?

I'm using a v1.1, there's no controller daughterboard which is one less thing for me to have to allow space for. Other board revisions have capacitors in different places making it hard to come up with a universal design. I have omitted the motherboard screwhole nearest the av port in case anyone wants to try a v1.6 but other boards it will be some trial and error. I don't unfortunately have every revision to test with but i will attempt to make it as universal as possible with any feedback I receive.

The atx to xbox adapter is one of N64 Freak's designs, you can find it on dirtypcbs.com if you search atx to xbox, there is no 1.6 version though.

The psu I'm using is a picopsu.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ShinGoutetsu said:

I'm using a v1.1, there's no controller daughterboard which is one less thing for me to have to allow space for. Other board revisions have capacitors in different places making it hard to come up with a universal design. I have omitted the motherboard screwhole nearest the av port in case anyone wants to try a v1.6 but other boards it will be some trial and error. I don't unfortunately have every revision to test with but i will attempt to make it as universal as possible with any feedback I receive.

The atx to xbox adapter is one of N64 Freak's designs, you can find it on dirtypcbs.com if you search atx to xbox, there is no 1.6 version though.

The psu I'm using is a picopsu.

 

Once you're done the initial design to a point that you're happy with, I'd certainly be willing to print and test a case. I have a few different revision motherboards lying around. The only problem may be if it's too big for my print bed.

Edit: Just checked my printer specifications. My max print size is 235x235x250mm. Though I do have pretty colours to print in.

Edited by DobaMuffin
Adding more detail
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, DobaMuffin said:

Once you're done the initial design to a point that you're happy with, I'd certainly be willing to print and test a case. I have a few different revision motherboards lying around. The only problem may be if it's too big for my print bed.

Edit: Just checked my printer specifications. My max print size is 235x235x250mm. Though I do have pretty colours to print in.

The case dimensions are 240mm wide  x 210mm deep x 50mm tall which will be slightly too big to print on your printer unfortunately.  I'm sure I'll get plenty of feedback from other people though on release and I'll be sure to state very clearly that this was designed primarily for a 1.1 so revisions might be required for other version xboxs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ShinGoutetsu said:

The case dimensions are 240mm wide  x 210mm deep x 50mm tall which will be slightly too big to print on your printer unfortunately.  I'm sure I'll get plenty of feedback from other people though on release and I'll be sure to state very clearly that this was designed primarily for a 1.1 so revisions might be required for other version xboxs.

I could make that fit none the less. It may just be printed in an unconventional way lol. Also I love getting xbox motherboards to fit in other revision cases. I added a 1.6 into a 1.4 case. Involved cutting screw pegs down a little bit and completely removing another one. Looking forward to release. Keep up the good work.

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, DobaMuffin said:

I could make that fit none the less. It may just be printed in an unconventional way lol. Also I love getting xbox motherboards to fit in other revision cases. I added a 1.6 into a 1.4 case. Involved cutting screw pegs down a little bit and completely removing another one. Looking forward to release. Keep up the good work.

It's all about the way it's sliced I guess.  I have put 1.1 boards into Crystal (1.6) cases so I understand what is required and the problems it introduces 😅

As soon as I'm happy with the v1.1 version I'll release the files and you can try other revision boards. I'd appreciate the feedback, thank you

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, ShinGoutetsu said:

It's all about the way it's sliced I guess.  I have put 1.1 boards into Crystal (1.6) cases so I understand what is required and the problems it introduces 😅

As soon as I'm happy with the v1.1 version I'll release the files and you can try other revision boards. I'd appreciate the feedback, thank you

I'd probably see about making 2 of them, one in red and one in a dark blue filament. Would probably put a 1.2/3/4 (no clue which it is) and a 1.0 in them. Just for fun. I'd definitely let you know how they fit. It would pair well with diy component cables.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick test assembly and showing the sata hdd bracket (which i've since revised, the sharpie marks are the adjustments I had to make). It is finally becoming a reality.

I've also ordered the acrylic tinted top part, installed the xenium fusion and prepped the hdd.

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, ShinGoutetsu said:

Quick test assembly and showing the sata hdd bracket (which i've since revised, the sharpie marks are the adjustments I had to make). It is finally becoming a reality.

I've also ordered the acrylic tinted top part, installed the xenium fusion and prepped the hdd.

Lovely work so far. I am curious about the acrylic piece on top. How are you attaching it to the top 3d printed piece, and how thick is the acrylic? I know if you release the files for this case, that I would be able to make everything but the top acrylic piece. I am also curious about the space above the cpu and gpu. Is there enough space to add the original heatsinks?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DobaMuffin said:

Lovely work so far. I am curious about the acrylic piece on top. How are you attaching it to the top 3d printed piece, and how thick is the acrylic? I know if you release the files for this case, that I would be able to make everything but the top acrylic piece. I am also curious about the space above the cpu and gpu. Is there enough space to add the original heatsinks?

The acrylic piece on top is 3mm thick, I will be attaching it probably with very thin magnets similar to the way apple attach the glass to their Imac screens. This can then be lifted off with a suction cup if needed. This will be added to the design in its final stages.

I have redesigned the cpu/gpu bracket for alternative heatsinks and fans (socket 470 1U server heatsink and fan for the cpu) but I am not currently happy with it so will be revising it before release. It needs to be strong enough to withstand the heat so I will probably use ABS to print it. You cannot use the stock cpu heatsink with this case.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ShinGoutetsu said:

The acrylic piece on top is 3mm thick, I will be attaching it probably with very thin magnets similar to the way apple attach the glass to their Imac screens. This can then be lifted off with a suction cup if needed. This will be added to the design in its final stages.

I have redesigned the cpu/gpu bracket for alternative heatsinks and fans (socket 470 1U server heatsink and fan for the cpu) but I am not currently happy with it so will be revising it before release. It needs to be strong enough to withstand the heat so I will probably use ABS to print it. You cannot use the stock cpu heatsink with this case.

Nice idea with the acrylic piece. I just thought it would be double sided taped to the plastic. As for the heatsinks, yeah I understand what you mean. I guess I'd have to print that in petg, which should be good for the job.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DobaMuffin said:

Nice idea with the acrylic piece. I just thought it would be double sided taped to the plastic. As for the heatsinks, yeah I understand what you mean. I guess I'd have to print that in petg, which should be good for the job.

It's currently just an idea, I think it's better than tape though if you need to get into the xbox often. Petg should do, the xbox doesn't get that hot in comparison to other consoles and petg can withstand those temps.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Maybe a stupid question but because you didn't see the anymore because she's upside down now, why not atteching the hdd to the top of the case? That way you would also eleminate the problem with different mounting points.

It simply didn't occur to me to do that to be honest. I would need to reinforce the top part so that it wouldn't sag from the weight of the hdd and it would need a cut out where the IDE ribbon cable connects to the sata adapter so it can be easily connected with the top in place, thank you it's a good idea that I may use that in a future revision.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Similar Content

    • By Chungaloid
      Hey all.  Sorry if this has been posted, but I searched and couldn't really find anything.  I have a 1.0 Xbox that was handed to me by a friend.  He said he couldn't remember much about it, but that him and his kid tried to mod it a long time ago, and now it isn't working.  Upon opening it, I found a pin header, no modchip, tsop points soldered, and the underside D0 pad ripped off.  When I try to start the xbox, it cycles power 3 times then frags out.  I'm assuming this is due mainly to the ripped D0 trace.  I've tried repairing the trace, and bridging the two pads connected by the green line, but I can't seem to get the solder to stick.  Is there any other way to repair this, or is this the only way?  Relatively new to xbox modding so any tips would be appreciated.  Thank you!  

    • By Skrumpkin
      Hi,
      I have a hard modded OpenXenium chip with a 1 TB WD Blue HDD.  I have everything set up and I am trying to get more than 200 GB - with more than  > 200 GB left on a partition.  Filezilla is not letting me do that.  I am just trying to transfer the titles.  They are all HDD ready for transfer but they do not go through at a certain point.  They  all become failed transfers.  The bios I am using is unleashed x from the OGXBOX installer.  It was not flashed by the program but was transferred by my network.  It is a CEE bios.   I switch dashboard sometimes.  The only one that I have on there that is not preinstalled is Emulation Station. I had used the DVDmulleter to get the bios necessary.  The HDD has been partitioned correctly having being split from F to G the remaining left.  I am fairly new to this and any advice to help would be beneficial.
    • By ScottSchods
      I have a Jet Set Radio Future save that I have played around 25 hours in that I would like to be able to play on my console, but I haven't been able to figure out how to resign the save. The save has an "error reading JSRF save data" and doesn't let me use my save. The save originated in Cxbx-R and it won't allow me to move the save to or from the console without this error occurring. Not sure how to proceed from here, and would be grateful if anyone wanted to help me out. I have attached the save if that can help, thanks for your time.
      5345000a.zip

Board Life Status


Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Best VPN


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.