OGXbox.com

Cerbios new xbox bios

ShinGoutetsu

16 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

5400rpm? Is it a 2.5 inch laptop HDD. lol No Wonder only UDMA 2 works. :)

The original 3.5 inch HDD's are 5400rpm as are a lot of old small 3.5 inch hard drives

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

4 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

The original 3.5 inch HDD's are 5400rpm as are a lot of old small 3.5 inch hard drives

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

That's true. If it's old enough, yeah, it wouldn't surprise me. If that's the case, then I respect how retro this guy's storage solution is. Lol. I'm surprised he had access to ones that worked. Just had one, I guess.

39 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

That's true. If it's old enough, yeah, it wouldn't surprise me. If that's the case, then I respect how retro this guy's storage solution is. Lol. I'm surprised he had access to ones that worked. Just had one, I guess.

I used to get people bring old PC drives when I was upgrading their Xbox and I have recently had one here with a 40gb HDD that would have been older than the Xbox and the drive seemed to be working fine it was just to small.

The owner was going to put that 40gb drive on eBay 

Cheers

SS Dave

4 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

I used to get people bring old PC drives when I was upgrading their Xbox and I have recently had one here with a 40gb HDD that would have been older than the Xbox and the drive seemed to be working fine it was just to small.

The owner was going to put that 40gb drive on eBay 

Cheers

SS Dave

Wow... If it were me, I would have developed a sentimental bond with it and been forced to hold on to it. I would have to preserve history and a memory. :)

On 5/25/2023 at 1:39 PM, amak79 said:

I could, but I would need to do it for every release. It's a minor issue. I just thought it was a little step backwards. The Cerbios team probably had a valid reason for removing IGR configuration from the ini file.

You don't have to edit the settings in the Cerbios tool with the exception of the UDMA6 setting and you can keep using the cerbios.ini .

Capture222.jpg

Cheers

SS Dave

2 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

You don't have to edit the settings in the Cerbios tool with the exception of the UDMA6 setting and you can keep using the cerbios.ini .

Capture222.jpg

Cheers

SS Dave

Wow... that AV check being off would come in handy when diagnosing motherboard issues that require removal of the board every time you turn the console on to see if you've fixed the problem. I HATE dealing with that AV cable. Why did MS DO that shit? lol. Well, I guess the end user would want to know why they can't see output from their xbox. They probably did not have home repair in mind when they did that.;)

3 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

You don't have to edit the settings in the Cerbios tool with the exception of the UDMA6 setting and you can keep using the cerbios.ini.

I tested 2.3.0 Beta when it was released and it didn't seem to respect my custom IGR settings. I'll give it another test with the latest Beta. Thanks.

3 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

Capture222.jpg

Cheers

SS Dave

I looked at the Cerbios.ini and it was only a few lines long. It was practically empty and there was nothing to really edit. What's up with that? I practically NEED the tool, if I'm gonna change anything MEANINGFUL... And I can't even use it because the .net framework wont install properly.

Anything after Windows 7 is garbage.

19 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

I looked at the Cerbios.ini and it was only a few lines long. It was practically empty and there was nothing to really edit. What's up with that? I practically NEED the tool, if I'm gonna change anything MEANINGFUL... And I can't even use it because the .net framework wont install properly.

Anything after Windows 7 is garbage.

Have you tried to have the older (2.2.1) version of the config file on C drive.

I tested this with a 2.3.0 on a 1.1 and I edited the IGR and it responded as per the edited config.

The reason for the new config file not having all the options would be they are not really needed as that is normally set in the bios bin file

Cheers

SS Dave

22 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

Have you tried to have the older (2.2.1) version of the config file on C drive.

I tested this with a 2.3.0 on a 1.1 and I edited the IGR and it responded as per the edited config.

The reason for the new config file not having all the options would be they are not really needed as that is normally set in the bios bin file

Cheers

SS Dave

That's what I suspected... it isn't helpful. :) They should have just put what they felt were the most relevant, go to settings up on top, then put the others below. So now I have to manually add everything I want.

I thought the old config file wasn't compatible with the new versions of Cerbios and a lot of things would't work? I think my dash didnt even LOAD...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
11 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Interesting. I hadn't heard that.

I wonder why that is the case...

XCalibur probably. 1.6 revs Xboxes have worse video quality although a very small margin. Adam Kroliak or IDK if it was Bob from RetroRGB has a point on this in one of their HDMi options for xbox review.

• Like 1