Realy, CPU fan or you mean case fan?

On a CPU block you could do that (see my pictures). Done that twice for 2 slim xboxes

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Or you could 3D print some brackets to hold a new fan

1759510231_XboxGPUan.PNG.92a05807936eacb07c649c22d3a56447.PNG

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

Thanks found them! 👍
Please login or register to see this link.  

Would the heat be an issue for the plastic? PLA plastic it starts Melting about 160 F.  

Or you could 3D print some brackets to hold a new fan

Please login or register to see this link.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Edited by FerociousOG

I've read of people using these fans as a replacement for the out-of-production Iceberq4 fans: Please login or register to see this link.

Here's a fan that is (mostly) a drop-in replacement for the main CPU fan: Please login or register to see this link.

You can see my video of installing this^ fan here: Please login or register to see this link.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Chris5000
      Hi,
      I just replaced my Philips VAD6011/21 Disc Laser Lens with a Disc Laser Lens for Xbox SPU-3141 Philips Microsoft original from ZedLabz Please login or register to see this link.
      Unfortunately it is still not reading my xbox games discs.  I have the Rocky5 Softmod and it states a DVD drive status of "unknown".  It seems like I did it correctly and desoldered those two points on the new Disc Laser Lens.  Sometimes I will get the "Empty" status too.  
      I tried Pot tweaks on the old laser and then that helped for a very short time so I bought the new laser after it stopped working.
      Any ideas?
      Thanks!

• By damanloox
      I've two 1.0 motherboard sets (ie. motherboards, controller daughterboards and power supplies) for sale. Both have clock caps removed. Both working - no issues. 
      One of them has some clock cap damage (namely C7G6 missing). That cap (C7G6) is part of clock circuit so as long as you don't plan on bringing back the clock cap it's not used and not needed.
      Price for the lot: 50 Euro plus shipping (I'm in Ireland). Shipping to UK should be around 5-10 Euro max. Other EU countries - please ask.
    • By micielk
      Hello there
      I'm interested in modding xbox CPU to 1,4Ghz and also upgrade ram to 128mb. I'd like to ask about cost of that upgrade. I cant do it myself

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.