OGXbox.com

Igr Conflict

prtscn

1 hour ago, prtscn said:

with AID disc, I installed XBMC as main dashboard on modchip xbox. Problem is, in game reset, resets console two times. Possible conflict with chip IGR? Flashed evox+ bios with hexen 2017 disc. 

There is no IGR in XBMC. The Evox M8+ BIOS is the only thing that would be resetting the console when activating IGR.

2 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

There is no IGR in XBMC. The Evox M8+ BIOS is the only thing that would be resetting the console when activating IGR.

ok. But why do i get double reset after activating IGR. Softmod is way simpler and resets faster, only crap is locking hdd.

What disc have proper bios without retarded modded intros.

18 hours ago, prtscn said:

ok. But why do i get double reset after activating IGR. Softmod is way simpler and resets faster, only crap is locking hdd.

Take a look here for a bios and use evox dash to flash it.

https://the-eye.eu/public/xbins/XBOX/Console Based Applications/bios/

18 hours ago, prtscn said:

Can you post a video showing the double reset when IGR is activated.  I need to see what it looks like or a better description of what is happening.

The flubber animation plays through then it does so again. Or, the screen flashes as the console resets no flubber startup animation plays but the screen again blanks then the startup animation plays.  The eject button flashes green then goes off then flashes again and the startup animation plays.  

I need more info.

On 9/4/2020 at 2:27 AM, prtscn said:

with AID disc, I installed XBMC as main dashboard on modchip xbox. Problem is, in game reset, resets console two times. Possible conflict with chip IGR? Flashed evox+ bios with hexen 2017 disc. 

What version Xbox is it?

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• 3 years later...
On 9/4/2020 at 11:22 AM, KaosEngineer said:

Can you post a video showing the double reset when IGR is activated.  I need to see what it looks like or a better description of what is happening.

The flubber animation plays through then it does so again. Or, the screen flashes as the console resets no flubber startup animation plays but the screen again blanks then the startup animation plays.  The eject button flashes green then goes off then flashes again and the startup animation plays.  

I need more info.

I did my first tsop last night and flashed Cerbios to it. It all works good, but my IGR double boots as well. Selecting restart/reboot in XBMC operates as expected, only IGR.

I've tried disabling AV Check in Cerbios Tool, changing back to UDMA 2, and modifying Cerbios.ini. Heres a video of it, and contents of C. I also noticed that when in UnleashX, selecting 'load ms dash', it says its missing xb0xdash.xbe, I only have xboxdash.xbe.

I deleted the bootanim folder for faster boots as well. I downloaded Dashloader Customizer off 4Gamers downloader and ran it, but I feel I need to do something else, it's not working. It created a dashloader folder in C, with the buttons I created, but nothing happens.

image.png.d1a2ddbf782bf7fd1e52cf9f1ac1237a.png

Edited by NokSueCow

7 hours ago, NokSueCow said:

I did my first tsop last night and flashed Cerbios to it. It all works good, but my IGR double boots as well. Selecting restart/reboot in XBMC operates as expected, only IGR.

I've tried disabling AV Check in Cerbios Tool, changing back to UDMA 2, and modifying Cerbios.ini. Heres a video of it, and contents of C. I also noticed that when in UnleashX, selecting 'load ms dash', it says its missing xb0xdash.xbe, I only have xboxdash.xbe.

I deleted the bootanim folder for faster boots as well. I downloaded Dashloader Customizer off 4Gamers downloader and ran it, but I feel I need to do something else, it's not working. It created a dashloader folder in C, with the buttons I created, but nothing happens.

image.png.d1a2ddbf782bf7fd1e52cf9f1ac1237a.png

How did you TSOP flash, from a softmod? Do you have a softmod setup now, by chance? What happens when you load xboxdash.xbe from Unleash's file manager?

10 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

How did you TSOP flash, from a softmod? Do you have a softmod setup now, by chance? What happens when you load xboxdash.xbe from Unleash's file manager?

Yeah. I went from Rocky's v1.2.1 and burned the OGXbox Cerbios Disc v2.3.2 Build 05. Booted it and read the instructions and went good. I deleted the nkpatcher settings folder, I figured I didn't need it anymore. Also flashed the bios to increase the fan and delete the bootanim. Selecting xboxdash.xbe boots to the msdash like normal, either from UX or Gamers.

If I do still have softmod files on there, I don't know how to determine which ones to delete, besides the nkpatcher settings.

Edited by NokSueCow

Yeah. I went from Rocky's v1.2.1 and burned the OGXbox Cerbios Disc v2.3.2 Build 05. Booted it and read the instructions and went good. I deleted the nkpatcher settings folder, I figured I didn't need it anymore. Also flashed the bios to increase the fan and delete the bootanim. Selecting xboxdash.xbe boots to the msdash like normal, either from UX or Gamers.

I suspect your problems stem from the fact that you may be dealing with a shadowC partition, among other things. The "P" and "Q" partitions (which are never present with a hardmod and are present when running a softmod) are evidence of this. I think that even though you deleted the settings folder, nkPatcher is still loading, just with default settings. If you're going from a softmod to a hardmod, I would try backing up what you wanna keep on that drive and formatting and "setting up" C and E (there should be an option to do this on the OGXbox installer and the Cerbios Disc). That should really ALWAYS be done when switching from soft to hard... Giggity.

1 minute ago, Bowlsnapper said:

I suspect your problems may stem from the fact that you may be dealing with a shadowC partition, among other things. There's no other reason for a P partition to be there. I think that even though you deleted the settings folder, nkPatcher is still loading, just with default settings. If you're going from a softmod to a hardmod, I would try backing up what you wanna keep on that drive and formatting and setting up C and E. That should really ALWAYS be done when switching from soft to hard... Giggity.

I completely forgot about Hazenos guide until you said that. I'm so used to softmods, I forgot. 

The disc instructions said to repair C and E with my dash of choice, and that's all I remember doing. I then backed up C and E, formatted the hdd in FatX, installed the backups, and here we are.

Would this fix Dashloader not working or did I install it wrong?

I completely forgot about Hazenos guide until you said that. I'm so used to softmods, I forgot. 

The disc instructions said to repair C and E with my dash of choice, and that's all I remember doing. I then backed up C and E, formatted the hdd in FatX, installed the backups, and here we are.

Would this fix Dashloader not working or did I install it wrong?

As per Kaos: "Sorry, on an Xbox Softmodding Tool modded console, the Dashloader configuration files are not stored/found in the C drive's Dashloader subfolder. They are in:

• /E/UDATA/21585554/000000000000/nkpatcher settings/dashloader"

I'm not sure if that addresses the dashloader question directly, but you are dealing with shifting partitions and it is hard to keep track of them when doing stuff like this.

Do yourself a favor and get rid of your softmod. It's causing you needless headaches. You reinstating that backup basically undid the intended benefits of formatting those partitions once hardmodded. Backup your C and E data manually, only keeping what you know you want. Wipe out the rest. Whichever way you format the drive, make sure that you use the "Setup" files that the installer disc wants to load onto the partitions. THEN start building and setting up your dashboard/launchpoint configuration, as well as replacing the files you wanted to backup (which really should only be homebrew apps or maybe gamesaves. NOTHING from the exploit should be preserved).

@NokSueCow Check for latest edits... again @ 3:16.

On 4/9/2024 at 8:07 PM, Bowlsnapper said:

Do yourself a favor and get rid of your softmod. It's causing you needless headaches. You reinstating that backup basically undid the intended benefits of formatting those partitions once hardmodded. Backup your C and E data manually, only keeping what you know you want. Wipe out the rest. Whichever way you format the drive, make sure that you use the "Setup" files that the installer disc wants to load onto the partitions. THEN start building and setting up your dashboard/launchpoint configuration, as well as replacing the files you wanted to backup (which really should only be homebrew apps or maybe gamesaves. NOTHING from the exploit should be preserved).

I got around to working on this one again, and I can't figure it out. I completely wiped the stock hdd, installed only Hazeno's C and E (with apps), and it still double resets IGRFull, however IGRDash and IGRShutdown work fine.

I then long formatted a new 2TB hdd in FatX, installed Hazeno's C and E with apps, same thing.

I only have P/Q while in 4Gamers, UnleashX doesn't show them. Can you verify if you have 4Gamers, that P/Q aren't present in File Manager? There's no possible way for me to have softmod files still present. Would my Cerbios bios be the culprit somehow?

I just noticed something in UnleashX Patched. When I loaded into it, the IP was static, so I set it to DHCP like normal, reset to 4Gamers, and now my 4Gamers IP changed to the Static IP of UX Patched, but 4Gamers network settings still shows Default Dash. What's the difference between UnleashX and UnleashX Patched?

Some apps aren't named default.xbe, I have to change multiple, if that matters. Unleashx.xbe, XblastOS.xbe, etc.

image.png

Edited by NokSueCow

5 hours ago, Lisko said:

Cerbios on full reset IGR double reboots on my 1.1 Xbox too, showing the dogs logo twice and then going straight to the dash and I don't have any softmod files installed.

Are you tsop or chip? If tsop, what did you use? What bios version, udma speed, default paths? What's your Cerbios.ini look like?

On 4/15/2024 at 6:49 PM, NokSueCow said:

Are you tsop or chip? If tsop, what did you use? What bios version, udma speed, default paths? What's your Cerbios.ini look like?

Aladdin chip 256k. Latest cerbios, udma 6 in auto mode (verified with a disk speed tester), default cd path to default.xbe, default dash path E:\Dash\XBMC4GAMERS\Default.xbe, debug=false. Samsung drive and startech adapter 80 pin cable with 2TB Seagate Barracuda. Startech and Samsung DVD suffer a bug which consists in having the dvd drive busy and not functional on cold boot until you issue a full igr reset. Maybe this same thing influences the reset, doing it two times. Not a big time loss for me as it skips the boot animation it's still fast enough to not make me worry at all. What dvd drive and sata adapter (if any) have you?

6 hours ago, Lisko said:

What dvd drive and sata adapter (if any) have you?

V1.0, ST-3944, Thomson, Startech, 80 wire, and WD20EZRZ, udma 5.

It also double resets on a bone stock v1.0, though. 10GB Seagate, Philips, Hynix-4034, stock udma.

Both tsop, no chip.

Edited by NokSueCow