OGXbox.com

IGR is causing double reboot

spacedmonkeys

So my default bios, evox 1.6 m8plus, and any modification of this I make, are causing a double reset when pressing the IGR combination. Xbox resets, logo comes up, hdd led flashes a bit, then a black scree, reset, Xbox logo comes up, hdd flashes and then dashboard loads.

Played around with a few settings in Evtool, didn't make much difference.

If I set the IGR to "quick", then I don't get the double reset, but I don't get the xbox logo either, just a black screen... doesn't seem like it's resetting twice with this option though.

Any reason for this?

It's an old (2005) fitted modchip ALX-2 ?

XBMC as main dashboard, also have XBMC4GAMERS recently installed, planning to swith that to default. Does the same double reboot through both of them.

Found an old thread with similar issue and suggestion was take IGR=yes out of the EvoX.ini file - done that and makes no difference. This file is probably a leftover from when EvoX was my main dash, many years ago.

Edited by spacedmonkeys

Is there any difference between the two IGR methods?

1). Hold L/R triggers and press Black and Back.

2). Hold L/R triggers and press Start and Back.

My only experience of something like this was when I first fitted an Aladdin XT Plus 2 type chip.

If you read the blurb that may come with it and go to any retail site selling 'Aladdin' chips they say the pre-flashed Evox M8+ 'universal' BIOS ie. 1.0 - 1.6 compatible, supports IGR. If you also check the BIOS with the EVTool it shows the IGR option ticked but when I tried to use it I got nothing. No reboot, not a dicky bird - it simply was not working.

So I reluctantly reflashed the BIOS with a non - v1.6 Evox M8+ BIOS from a reliable source and 'magically' IGR started working perfectly.

My, also reluctant, suggestion is to try doing the same - at the very least it will rule the BIOS out as the cause of this double reset problem.

That is the chip that is in my xbox, Aladdin XT Plus 2 .. 

I usually use method 2) L/R + Start + Back - will try method 1 later and see if any different

At the moment I have reverted to using 'quick' IGR in the bios, but would be nice to know what is causing the double reboot. Google search finds a few other unresolved threads on other sites with same issue.