Jump to content
Rocky5

Questions and Other Stuff

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, mikeaton said:

you dont

not sure if this is an "anti-coinops" post

but you can add it to the ui in the menu start button brings up.

i believe its in 'ui settings' there are 3 custom icons you can add.

it needs to know 3 things.

where is the default.xbe, where is the icon.png. and fanart. coinops has enough art from stock to make it look fairly good. you can also source your own. really simple.

i used this same process to add CPX3 to the main menu. and also a stock installation of XBMC instead of booting from file manager.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, wikati said:

not sure if this is an "anti-coinops" post

but you can add it to the ui in the menu start button brings up.

i believe its in 'ui settings' there are 3 custom icons you can add.

it needs to know 3 things.

where is the default.xbe, where is the icon.png. and fanart. coinops has enough art from stock to make it look fairly good. you can also source your own. really simple.

i used this same process to add CPX3 to the main menu. and also a stock installation of XBMC instead of booting from file manager.

well coin ops does look horrible

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, I'm very new at the Xbox Scene so apologizes for my noob questions.

I would like to know how to use the Mame emulator, I downloaded Mameoxtras V2 and added the files to the Mame folder on .emustation > emulators > mame, and then added some roms for it on  .emustation > roms > mame, however when selecting the Mame logo on the XBMC Emulator it only loads the MameoXtras V2 menu, and won't show any rom. What am I doing wrong?

And my other question is, where should I put the Xbox games? I have some on the F:/Games/ folder, but every time I try to scan for Xbox games on XBMC-Emustation, I get a "create_rom_lists.py" failed error.

I'm pretty sure all these are things I'm not doing properly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, MrJaggerson said:

Hi, I'm very new at the Xbox Scene so apologizes for my noob questions.

I would like to know how to use the Mame emulator, I downloaded Mameoxtras V2 and added the files to the Mame folder on .emustation > emulators > mame, and then added some roms for it on  .emustation > roms > mame, however when selecting the Mame logo on the XBMC Emulator it only loads the MameoXtras V2 menu, and won't show any rom. What am I doing wrong?

And my other question is, where should I put the Xbox games? I have some on the F:/Games/ folder, but every time I try to scan for Xbox games on XBMC-Emustation, I get a "create_rom_lists.py" failed error.

I'm pretty sure all these are things I'm not doing properly.

Use the built in downloader and download mameoxtra. Now add your roms ( you already have ) now scan in mame.

 

it will always load mame as that emulator doesn’t support the command line launching of roms.

send me the xbmc,log (Q:\system\xbmc.log) after you try scanning in Xbox games. Do not restart or the log is cleaned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/9/2018 at 3:47 PM, Rocky5 said:

Use the built in downloader and download mameoxtra. Now add your roms ( you already have ) now scan in mame.

 

it will always load mame as that emulator doesn’t support the command line launching of roms.

send me the xbmc,log (Q:\system\xbmc.log) after you try scanning in Xbox games. Do not restart or the log is cleaned.

Thanks for your reply, that indeed fixed my problem with the Mame emulator.

If it helps, here are the steps I followed (for the "create_rom_lists.py" message):

1. Downloaded the XBMC-Emustation master from the GitHub page and unzipped it.
2. Downloaded the XBMC 3.5.3 and placed it on the XBMC-Emustation Master folder 
3. Built the XBMC-Emustation folder using the "Build XBMC-Emustation.bat" file
4. Transter the XBMC-Emustation folder to the F:/Applications/ folder on my Xbox Hard Drive

 - At this point when I open the XBMC-Emustation on the Xbox and I press start, the Start Menu says "XBMC-Emustation 0.0.000" at the bottom.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

5. Go to XBMC Options > Downloader and download the URLDownloader.zip 
6. Select Updates and "Download: XBMC-Emustation Stable Update V1.1.040 and wait for it to download and finish installing.

 - At this point, opening the Start Menu will display "XBMC-Emustation 1.1.040"

42769451_1396329570497982_2506886842041761792_n.jpg.4e950ef0a0bee57beaecc33c394b813c.jpg


8. On the Start Menu, select Other Settings > Update Selected Filters > Xbox (doesn't matter if you select yes or no on these options) and the error occurs.

Here's the xbmc log: Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by MrJaggerson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MrJaggerson said:

Thanks for your reply, that indeed fixed my problem with the Mame emulator.

If it helps, here are the steps I followed (for the "create_rom_lists.py" message):

1. Downloaded the XBMC-Emustation master from the GitHub page and unzipped it.
2. Downloaded the XBMC 3.5.3 and placed it on the XBMC-Emustation Master folder 
3. Built the XBMC-Emustation folder using the "Build XBMC-Emustation.bat" file
4. Transter the XBMC-Emustation folder to the F:/Applications/ folder on my Xbox Hard Drive

 - At this point when I open the XBMC-Emustation on the Xbox and I press start, the Start Menu says "XBMC-Emustation 0.0.000" at the bottom.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

5. Go to XBMC Options > Downloader and download the URLDownloader.zip 
6. Select Updates and "Download: XBMC-Emustation Stable Update V1.1.040 and wait for it to download and finish installing.

 - At this point, opening the Start Menu will display "XBMC-Emustation 1.1.040"

Please login or register to see this link.


8. On the Start Menu, select Other Settings > Update Selected Filters > Xbox (doesn't matter if you select yes or no on these options) and the error occurs.

Here's the xbmc log: Please login or register to see this attachment.

The issues is it can’t find the Xbox media folder. I group Xbox artwork into alphabetical folders and it’s failing to find the folder. So it must be an issues with one of your game xbe files. 

( it uses the games first letter of its title, if the title is none existent or malformed it should fall back to the folder name )

I will send you a new create_rom_lists.py that will list the games so we can find the culprit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After comparing the behavior with other xboxes, I noticed that I had another "Games" folder on the E: partition, after deleting it, my problem was fixed.

However, I've stumbled on another problem, now with N64 roms.

I have placed the roms on the F: > Applications > XBMC-Emustation > .emustation > roms > n64 folder

Then I downloaded the Nintendo 64 (Surreal64) emulator from the in built Downloader, after that, I tried scanning for roms, but I got the "create_rom_lists.py" error again.

This one I was able to reproduce in all my Xboxes.

Here's the log file.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Editting to add that this happens with both zipped and unzipped roms

How should I put the n64 roms? or for what filetypes is the script looking for?

Edited by MrJaggerson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I only support 1 set of roms. The Earthwormjames 188 rom compilation. 

N64 is shite on the Xbox and that guy done a lot of work getting that comp up and running as best as it can. ( you only need the roms from it )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Rocky5 said:

I only support 1 set of roms. The Earthwormjames 188 rom compilation. 

N64 is shite on the Xbox and that guy done a lot of work getting that comp up and running as best as it can. ( you only need the roms from it )

Got it! 

It was hard to find now that the site is gone, but it is possible if you use the magic of cache.

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MrJaggerson said:

Got it! 

It was hard to find now that the site is gone, but it is possible if you use the magic of cache.

Thanks!

what to help out and point us? I still havent found it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kekule said:

what to help out and point us? I still havent found it.

First you need to find the link to the original thread on the dead site, which you can find if you search "Surreal xxx roms lagging" on google, first result, first answer.

Save that link, then paste it on Yandex (google won't show any results from this site anymore), you should get it at your first result, open it cached (click the green arrow)


And the rest should be pretty straighforward.

I don't think this method will last long, so treasure that romset.

Edited by MrJaggerson
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks, that worked! I couldnt find any place that still had the cache... and I had to use microsft edge to get the filedrop link to open, with chrome it just kept trying to get me to install extensions.

Please login or register to see this link.   Please login or register to see this link.  Please login or register to see this link.

did you find a cache for the add on pack, yandex doesnt seem to have the cache for that link 

Please login or register to see this link.

Edited by Kekule

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys I have a PC Engine (and most likely psx as well) question.
So far i've only added 1 rom to the pce emulator for testing purposes (rondo of blood), since it is a bin/cue format it appears twice in the library; 
What should i do for it to appear as only 1 entry?

kind regards!,

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Phillipe Legenda said:

Guys I have a PC Engine (and most likely psx as well) question.
So far i've only added 1 rom to the pce emulator for testing purposes (rondo of blood), since it is a bin/cue format it appears twice in the library; 
What should i do for it to appear as only 1 entry?

kind regards!,

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Use the pce-cd folder instead for cd based games. It will only parse CUE files. So you won’t get double entries. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Rocky5 said:

Use the pce-cd folder instead for cd based games. It will only parse CUE files. So you won’t get double entries. 

Thanks for the assistance and all the hardwork to let us pimp these old machines Rocky!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/5/2018 at 5:50 AM, Kekule said:

thanks, that worked! I couldnt find any place that still had the cache... and I had to use microsft edge to get the filedrop link to open, with chrome it just kept trying to get me to install extensions.

Please login or register to see this link.   Please login or register to see this link.  Please login or register to see this link.

did you find a cache for the add on pack, yandex doesnt seem to have the cache for that link 

Please login or register to see this link.

I'm a tad late, your links don't work anymore. Can't find the cached site on yandex either. Anyone have an idea of a current source?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/26/2018 at 7:27 AM, TheOnlyTrail said:

I'm a tad late, your links don't work anymore. Can't find the cached site on yandex either. Anyone have an idea of a current source?

that sucks.... just moved so my pc isnt hooked up yet.. should be any day now.... I have them on there. ask me in a few days.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It took me forever to find a copy to download.  He updated the N64 pack with more games.  You can find it here Please login or register to see this link.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/3/2018 at 7:44 PM, Rocky5 said:

I only support 1 set of roms. The Earthwormjames 188 rom compilation. 

N64 is shite on the Xbox and that guy done a lot of work getting that comp up and running as best as it can. ( you only need the roms from it )

Hi Rocky5,

I have EWJ's ROMS. They scan in fine but when I select a ROM to play I get a black screen and the XBOX freezes and have to manually power off and on the console again.

This is with your latest emustation version 1.2.. and latest download for the madmab dowloader page.

I went into the N64 folder under emulators and tried to launch default.xbe to see if it would launch and I get the same problem.. Black screen frozen console.

Wondering if there is something that needs to be configured in the Surreal emulator folder. I know the .ini file is good.

Thanks in Advance! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had this problem with a few roms, mainly Goldeneye.  I opened the emulator through file manager and changed the settings for the games that didn't work.  After changing the settings for each non working game they functioned perfectly.  Here's a link to a page that lists the settings to try if a rom isn't working.

Please login or register to see this link.

If the emulator itself isn't working try deleting all the emulator files and replacing them with the emulator EWJ supplies, I had to do this to get it to work at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Similar Content

    • By C64MidRezzie
      Can I swap a cable from an official S controller and a Duke.  I can solder so was thinking I could open my Duke as the lead is snagged - still working perfectly.  I was planning on cutting the wire just inside both controllers and then soldering the non frayed wires from the 'S' to the Duke.  Has anyone tried this?  Should I just leave well enough alone?  Thanks
    • By titchgamer
      Howdy people

      After a friend of mine saw all my hard work on my recently acquired xbox he asked if I could mod his and turn it into a emulation machine.
      I of course jumped at the chance to play with this system some more and try some emulation on it that I had heard so much about!
      I got Mameox, Genesis and SNES emus working great on it then I discovered you can get KI working on it to (which does not seem to load in mame)
      Being one of my fave fighters I would really love to get this going but I cant seem to find any instructions or tutorials for its use!

      Anybody used this or know how to get it running?
      This is more about me than my friend at this point as I dont think he is bothered about KI but I would love it on my machine
      Cheers
    • By C64MidRezzie
      Hi - are 3rd party controllers compatible with Coun Ops 8 and Massive or is it better to stick with an original controller?

Board Life Status


Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.