OGXbox.com

Questions and Other Stuff

Rocky5

I just signed up to this forum, as i'm only just now getting into these mods, after YEARS of watching from the sidelines.  

First let me just say thank you to Rocky5 for continuing this, still, it's incredible!  I came across so much of this through his support comments on youtube!

Thanks to all the members, too, as this thread helped me get the n64 stuff worked out! (Thanks V82MP!)

Now to my question: I have all of the pcengine bios files i can find. (including "syscard"'s 1, 2, & 3) Emustation recognizes the emulator, and adds pcengine to the carousel, but no roms show.  When i "update selected emulator", it returns no errors, just acts like it is finished.  

Am i missing something? Is this common?  Thank you for any input in advance!

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Noob here. I've just softmodded w/Rocky5's excellent tool and installed XBMC-Emustation as the default dashboard. All seems to be working. However, what I'd like to know is if there is a way to switch back to the UnleashX default dashboard and run XBMC-Emustation as an application instead. Can someone help?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/26/2019 at 2:12 PM, itsphillip said:

Hi,

Noob here. I've just softmodded w/Rocky5's excellent tool and installed XBMC-Emustation as the default dashboard. All seems to be working. However, what I'd like to know is if there is a way to switch back to the UnleashX default dashboard and run XBMC-Emustation as an application instead. Can someone help?

Thanks!

Rename the folder that XBMC-Emustation is installed in so it's not found high up in the boot order list used by the Xbox Softmodding Tool

Xbox Softmodding Tool Boot Order

• C:\XBMC-Emustation\default.xbe
  • E:\XBMC-Emustation\default.xbe
  • F:\XBMC-Emustation\default.xbe
  • C:\XBMC4Gamers\default.xbe
  • E:\XBMC4Gamers\default.xbe
  • F:\XBMC4Gamers\default.xbe
  • C:\XBMC4Xbox\default.xbe
  • E:\XBMC4Xbox\default.xbe
  • F:\XBMC4Xbox\default.xbe
  • C:\XBMC\default.xbe
  • E:\XBMC\default.xbe
  • F:\XBMC\default.xbe
  • C:\dashboard\default.xbe
  • E:\dashboard\default.xbe
  • F:\dashboard\default.xbe
  • C:\dash\default.xbe
  • E:\dash\default.xbe
  • F:\dash\default.xbe
  • E:\default.xbe
  • E:\XBMC.xbe
  • E:\dashboard.xbe
  • C:\evoxdash.xbe
  • E:\evoxdash.xbe
  • C:\XBMC.xbe

For example, rename the folder to:

XBMC-Emu

Is it possible to get zsnexbox working with emustation? I find that the SNES emulation with snes9xbox is a bit hit and miss with some games. It’s probably my fault for downloading a prebuilt image with some emus/roms already set up. I know it only works with emus that support .cut files but I cannot find out if zsnexbox does or not!!! 😃

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2019 at 12:37 AM, ecstone said:

I had this problem with a few roms, mainly Goldeneye.  I opened the emulator through file manager and changed the settings for the games that didn't work.  After changing the settings for each non working game they functioned perfectly.  Here's a link to a page that lists the settings to try if a rom isn't working.

http://sprinkleboutique.com/some-settings-that-work-for-nintendo-64-surreal-64-emulator-on-the-original-xbox/

If the emulator itself isn't working try deleting all the emulator files and replacing them with the emulator EWJ supplies, I had to do this to get it to work at all.

Edited by NokSueCow

I had this problem with a few roms, mainly Goldeneye.  I opened the emulator through file manager and changed the settings for the games that didn't work.  After changing the settings for each non working game they functioned perfectly.  Here's a link to a page that lists the settings to try if a rom isn't working.

http://sprinkleboutique.com/some-settings-that-work-for-nintendo-64-surreal-64-emulator-on-the-original-xbox/

If the emulator itself isn't working try deleting all the emulator files and replacing them with the emulator EWJ supplies, I had to do this to get it to work at all.

Edited by NokSueCow

I tried opening this link and AVG says there is a bitcoinminer virus in it. I figured out how to change settings in case anyone else is confused...At the emustation dashboard carousel, go to xbmc options, go to file manager, go to e:/, xbmc-emustation, .emustation, emulators, n64 (holding down right trigger speeds up the process of finding it), then just select the .xbe file of the emulator that the game you are having trouble black screening is supposed to run. In my case, if you look at EWJ's 212 pack, Goldeneye has UltraHLE in the file name, so I selected UltraHLE.xbe at the very bottom. This should bring up a Surreal64CE screen with all your N64 roms. Hover over the game with issues, press x, emulator settings. Goldeneye said PJ64 I think, instead of UltraHLE. I just clicked on Emulator until it changed to UltraHLE. When finished, press b, to go back, and select 'quit surreal'. Go back to the emustation carousel, select n64, select Goldeneye. This is what works for me, anyway. I also had to right thumb click while in game to change controller configs.

• 2 months later...

I noticed there isn't any artwork for MAME in the Downloader. Is that because no one has compiled it, or because it just hasn't ever been added to the downloader? (Or, possibly, would it never be added to the Downloader for a particular reason?)

Is there somewhere that's recommended to go and get artwork? Thanks!

salve .. sto provando questo emustation sul mio xbox.. tutto ok.

Solo un problema  ..per il commodore 64 ho tantissimi giochi e credo che dopo un certo numero di rom nella cartella non ne copia altre.

Infatti arrivati alla lettera S circa 4000 rom la copia non va piu avanti.

Volevo capire se c'è un numero massimo di file che si puo mettere nella cartella rom?

Oppure se il problema dipende da altre cose allora?

Grazie

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, can anyone help with XBMC-emustation and coinops8 booting back to emustation dashboard? Yes I now CO8 is horrible.

emustation boots up as default dashboard and I have added CO8 as a custom tile. Inside CO8 there is a dashboard function when you hit start, my old setup would take me to unleashX and I'd like it to return to emustation instead. I tried to copy the default.xbe from xbmc-emustation parent folder but I get error when selecting dashboard in CO8.

XBC Fatal Error:

Special://masterprofile/guisettings.xml, Line 0

Failed to open file

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

First off, thanks Rocky, amazing work! 

Does anyone know how to modify the background image shown as you scroll through each console on the emustation dashboard?  If I want to change the image, what size/dimensions does it need to be?

Once a console has been selected and it goes to the synopsis/game selection window, how would I go about editing the layout of that screen to show two media images simultaneously (for example, boxfront and screenshot)

thanks in advance!

3 hours ago, Crakus said:

trouble starting certain games from hard drive some load the menus but than fail aty some point

Assuming you are talking XBOX games, I had this happen as well, it was a problem with the way Filezilla handled the FTP.  I deleted and transferred again (not sure what the difference was) and all but one of the games worked after that.  The one that didn't I just assumed is a bad xbe

8 hours ago, arfows said:

First off, thanks Rocky, amazing work! 

Does anyone know how to modify the background image shown as you scroll through each console on the emustation dashboard?  If I want to change the image, what size/dimensions does it need to be?

Once a console has been selected and it goes to the synopsis/game selection window, how would I go about editing the layout of that screen to show two media images simultaneously (for example, boxfront and screenshot)

thanks in advance!

Got the following from Rocky:

"You need to extract the xpr file (simple.xpr) that’s where the backgrounds are stored.

As for the layouts they are under the layouts folder in the themes directory. (Each theme has its own layout directory)

Just look at the thumbnail code in the layout file (synopsis) and copy it and change the image type, you will need to hard code it, have a look at xpare theme as an example."

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello, 

I have two games I am trying to play and can't get them to load from the file explorer, the dashboard, or XBMC-Emustation. 

One game is NTSC: Jurassic Park Operation Genesis and the other is NTSC-J: Metal Wolf Chaos both games attempt to load, the screen goes black, then the system resets. If I am in xbmc-emustation it will also kick me out and take me back to the dashboard on restart. Any help would be appreciated. 

I know they both work because I've have MWC and installed JP: OG to test another download for somebody else only 6 months ago.

I guess you found them from one of the re-dump sources there are now - why they're provide like this and not as nice, simple, XISO or original file Zips I still do not understand. 6GB downloads to get games that are often less than half that size installed seems bonkers to me.

Anyway my immediate thought, knowing both work and I do not remember even ACL patching them (although you could try this), is that either the download was bad or the extraction. What tool did you use for the latter: XDVD Mulleter?  

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/13/2020 at 11:19 AM, arfows said:

Got the following from Rocky:

"You need to extract the xpr file (simple.xpr) that’s where the backgrounds are stored.

As for the layouts they are under the layouts folder in the themes directory. (Each theme has its own layout directory)

Just look at the thumbnail code in the layout file (synopsis) and copy it and change the image type, you will need to hard code it, have a look at xpare theme as an example."

How do you extract the xpr file?