OGXbox.com

What mod is this?

amxcs

18 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

Cromwell_Firmware_on_an_Xbox.jpg

The Flash BIOS menu option is in the Advanced menu to the right.

I put in a hard drive, but again there are no options other than to boot a linux disk.
Anyway, I hot swapped the chip onto another modchip console and flashed it.
Thanks everyone for your help.

16 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

So please do not add a softmod file structure to your HDD. I don't even know how that would be done since you have no HDD and can't run the softmod installer anyway. A new HDD would be blank.

With dumped EEPROM and PC.

Now to ask, I found an old hard drive that was in the xbox and it was locked (forgot to unlock it). I keep the EEPROM or HDD key. Is there a way to unlock it without a computer - in the modchip console?

5 hours ago, amxcs said:

Now to ask, I found an old hard drive that was in the xbox and it was locked (forgot to unlock it). I keep the EEPROM or HDD key. Is there a way to unlock it without a computer - in the modchip console?

Yes, Chimp 261812.  Upload the eeprom.bin file for the Xbox this hard drive is from to the Y drive then start Chimp. Connect the DVD drive's IDE connector to the locked hard drive when prompted to swap drives. Use the Slave drive options > Unlock drive menu option 3 for Where is the key source:

1. From Motherboard
  2. From /tmp/eeprom.bin
  3. From Xbox HD Y:\eeprom.bin
  4. From Master password:XBOXSCENE
  5. From Master password:TEAMASSEMBLY
  6. From /tmp/hddkey.txt
  7. Go back

If the hard drive is from this Xbox, locked using this motherboard's configuration EEPROM's HDKey, you can also use option 1 - From Motherboard.

3 hours ago, amxcs said:

What is the difference?
What is the other chip on the aladdin board - LC4032V?Untitled.png.5b8c745556c3cf9e26dbe7a7fe139915.pngIMG_20231101_233658.jpg.d44148f1e9e7280efcc30053e0a96785.thumb.jpg.35b3f6c686d987532625221564617c6a.jpg

There's a difference in the LPC-connected flash memory chips: SST49LF020 vs SST49LF020A.

The 020A fixes an addressing bug present in the 020 that allowed it to load the BIOS from the 4 different 256KB banks which the Xbox uses  

IIRC, the CPLD (Complex Programmable Logic Device) - the LC4032V - is used for additional features; modchip enable/disable, HDD activity; and allows access to the SST49LF020A - data addressing bug fixed - from the Xbox to load the BIOS and stored data from the 256KB flash memory chip.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...