OGXbox.com

what temperatures should i expect?

I think the consensus is that up to the mid-60s celsius is safe. Although I personally don't feel fine with anything, xbox or not, exceeding the 50s, and prefer temps in the 30s-40s. Given the great age of these xboxes now I am of the opinion that keeping heat as low as possible is important, but others may disagree. So "should be" is a little relative.

Edited by fox

It's a custom Coppermine Pentium III CPU and they are common for producing a lot of heat. I like lower temperatures, but between 40 to 60 degrees Celsius is common. Also dashboards aren`t always very good with showing the real temperature (Ava X for example, where XBMC is a lot better). I don`t know about the LCD screens.

7 minutes ago, UltimateMe said:

It's a custom Coppermine Pentium III CPU and they are common for producing a lot of heat. I like lower temperatures, but between 40 to 60 degrees Celsius is common. Also dashboards aren`t always very good with showing the real temperature (Ava X for example, where XBMC is a lot better). I don`t know about the LCD screens.

I was under the impression that the sensors gave a reading and that either the bios or the software just displayed this value as a number that we understand. Can the interpretation of a temperature sensor value really vary like that?

Bet @KaosEngineer knows! The man is a temperature guru. :)