OGXbox.com

Softmodding

amxcs

Hi, I only have a working console and controller. Which is the best option for hacking. I saw in several places that it can with an original game and an adapter for usb drive, but if I don't have any other options? I have old computers with an IDE connector if needed.

I've hacked a lot of consoles, XBOX360, their DVDs drive (with drilling), PS1-4 and I have an idea of how things are.

I watched this video, the procedure suits me. It seems easier to me than original disks and adapters.

My kernel is:

K:1.00.5838.01

D:1.00.5960.01

In 2022, is the procedure still relevant?
Until 8:00 min from video - to make a hoswap and put Ndure3.1 to HDD.

After that AID4.54 and TruHeXEn 2021?

There’s definitely no drilling involved here. You have a couple of options on what you can do it’s up to you to decide which route to take.

There is the normal method using the exploitable game save with one of the corresponding games, but as you’ve already mentioned that does require having a compatible usb device, a usb to Xbox cable, and one of the four games necessary. 

Second method is more frowned upon and is referred to as the hot swapping method. This method lets you use your IDE interface PC or a USB adapter. There are two ways of doing this. This first way can be an absolute bitch to do because you have a 4-5 second window to swap the drive. The most recent method is safer IMO and way easier, eliminating the 4-5 window by triggering an error 12 unlocking your HDD. 

Edited by MadMartigan

Hello again,
I made a copy of C and E, but XPlorer360 crashed and then Partition 4 (E) disappeared. I will be grateful for advice on how to restore it and also Drag & Drop from Windows Explorer does not work with XPlorer360. I will need some other way to upload the files to disk.