OGXbox.com

SOFT MOD

stephen mell

HI I JUST REINSTALLED MY SOFT MOD AND IT ALL INSTALLED WITH NO ERRORS I EVEN INSTALLED ALL THE ART WORK FOR MY GAMES IT WAS ALL GOING VERY WELL UNTIL I TURNED OFF THE XBOX AND WHEN I TURNED IKT BACK ON THE XBOX LOGO DID ITS THING AND AFTER THAT NOTHING BUT A BLACK SCREEN THE ONLY THING I GET IS THE XBOX LOGO WHEN I PRESS THE BUTTON TO OPEN THE TRAY  HELP.

so,you re-installed the softmod on your drive and there were no errors,but when you turned it off and then back on stopped working,weird. What mod did you install? 

Have you waited for some time or any error message has apeared upon bootup? What xbox version do you have?

Also did you use the xbox while being softmodded and then turned it off or when the installation was done or you did all of that from your pc and then you pluged the drive onto the xbox? the answear for that will give enough information on what might cause this problem.

Lastly,what drive are you using,an hdd or an ssd? Im asking that because if you use an IDE to SATA adapter,you need an 80 pin cable instead of the stock 40 for the drive to work properly on the xbox

22 minutes ago, stephen mell said:

HI I JUST REINSTALLED MY SOFT MOD AND IT ALL INSTALLED WITH NO ERRORS I EVEN INSTALLED ALL THE ART WORK FOR MY GAMES IT WAS ALL GOING VERY WELL UNTIL I TURNED OFF THE XBOX AND WHEN I TURNED IKT BACK ON THE XBOX LOGO DID ITS THING AND AFTER THAT NOTHING BUT A BLACK SCREEN THE ONLY THING I GET IS THE XBOX LOGO WHEN I PRESS THE BUTTON TO OPEN THE TRAY  HELP.

Sounds like your Xbox was already hard modded?  Softmod and hard mod don't work together.  Install only one or the other.  With both, you end up going to a blank screen when you expect the replacement dashboard to be displayed.

Boot the OGXbox Installer 2021 v1.5.4 installer disc and check the kernel version that is installed - Press the Y button on the controller to display the System Info page.

What value is displayed for the kernel vresion?

5c69a7f896880_UnleashXSystemInfoPage-KernelVersion.png.dff9ead1883fd43f52d8eb5541817417.png

It's sounding like the Xbox has a hard mod (Mod chip or onboard bios re-flash) as a softmod and hardmod don't play nice with each other and the 1st this that happens is a black screen on reboot after installing the softmod.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

2 hours ago, stephen mell said:

Why are you shouting?

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

On 8/12/2023 at 2:35 PM, SS_Dave said:

Why are you shouting?

Cheers

SS Dave

I needed about 2 minutes to read that post without punctuation. Phones will do it for you I think...

Sorry OP, I joke like that. :)