OGXbox.com

Error 16 and/or error 21 after 128mb mod OG xbox 1.6

pejman1998

Hi friends!
as title says I get error 16 every time I boot with Cerbios , and i get that error with m8+ too when i turn on Xbox with eject tray ,everything were fine before I decided to give 128mb ram upgrade a shot on my 1.6 OGxbox , I have deleted and formatted all the partitions and installed everything from scratch still i am getting that error , I dont know that if it is hardware related or not please help me I am out of patience by trial and error

Is the stock MS dashboard installed on the C drive?

Where's your replacement dashboard installed?  Does CerBIOS's settings file, Cerbios.ini, have a path set to it for one of the boot order list entries:

; Dash paths (always falls back to \Device\Harddisk0\Partition2\xboxdash.xbe)
DashPath1 = \Device\Harddisk0\Partition2\evoxdash.xbe
DashPath2 = \Device\Harddisk0\Partition2\avalaunch.xbe
DashPath3 = \Device\Harddisk0\Partition2\nexgen.xbe

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

Is the stock MS dashboard installed on the C drive?

Where's your replacement dashboard installed?  Does CerBIOS's settings file, Cerbios.ini, have a path set to it for one of the boot order list entries:

well first of all thanks for reply ,
replacement dashboard is installed on E:/Dash/main/Xbmc4gamers
I just flashed cerbios without using .ini file , I used cerbios utility and I specified the dash I want to boot first 
to keep things simple let say I want to remove modchip and get into stock ms dash , and yes ms dash is installed by hexen on drive c , when I remove modchip, I get Error 21, that isn't normal is it? and BTW the bios I used before upgrade was m8+ and it boots successfully randomly ,but as I said when I turn on console by eject button I get error 16 and I cant boot into dash no more for hours  , what would you do?

21 hours ago, pejman1998 said:

yes sire , and although it passed the test ,due to freezing on boot, I find out that one of chips was loose and I have redone the soldering the freezing is gone but this is my new problem

Try backing up C, reformatting it, and reinstalling the dash and everything from an installer. I always use the OGXbox installer. I've never even used Hexen and I hate it. Lol.

Logically, the MS dash should have no problem being found by the MS Bios, but this is an extraordinary situation, really.

1 hour ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Try backing up C, reformatting it, and reinstalling the dash and everything from an installer. I always use the OGXbox installer. I've never even used Hexen and I hate it. Lol.

Logically, the MS dash should have no problem being found by the MS Bios, but this is an extraordinary situation, really.

well I've done that and you are right OGXbox installer is great , way more options , but I got same results , i desoldered 4 wires that came form piggy back memories and I dont get error 16 , I dont know! all of my 8 rams are Samsung and I have checked connections , it appears that rams are making trouble ,I will check rams again to see if there is something I am missing.

23 hours ago, pejman1998 said:

and BTW the bios I used before upgrade was m8+ and it boots successfully randomly ,but as I said when I turn on console by eject button I get error 16 and I cant boot into dash no more for hours ...

M8+ BIOS should never give you an error 16.  It does not require the clock to be set as does the stock Xbox BIOS.

Edit: Hmm, is your modchip installed with the BT pad connected to a resistor that taps off of the power button signal or in always on mode (shown below), by connecting BT to ground on the modchip?

5aca69c9546e8_AladdinXTplus2-AlwaysON-Jumper(Green).jpg.baa09b0d09cda7ba0f5390427ac14218.jpg

Click image for a larger view

... what would you do?

Double check that all of the solder joints to the modchip are good.

Share images of the LPC Debug port solder joints.

Edit2: Which modchip is installed?

1 hour ago, KaosEngineer said:

M8+ BIOS should never give you an error 16.  It does not require the clock to be set as does the stock Xbox BIOS.

I think I remember reading that about the M8. It ignores that error for obvious reasons, which was a nice feature to implement... Can you think of any reason why it would still do so? Have you ever seen this? I'm scratching my head on this one, man.

19 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

Edit: Hmm, is your modchip installed with the BT pad connected to a resistor that taps off of the power button signal or in always on mode (shown below), by connecting BT to ground on the modchip?

5aca69c9546e8_AladdinXTplus2-AlwaysON-Jumper(Green).jpg.baa09b0d09cda7ba0f5390427ac14218.jpg

Click image for a larger view

Double check that all of the solder joints to the modchip are good.

Share images of the LPC Debug port solder joints.

Edit2: Which modchip is installed?

I seem to remember some cheap modchips not responding well to BT usage... Maybe it was just the XBlast Aladdin in this case? Sorry, not trying to negate your statement in ANY way, I promise.