Sign in to follow this  
Viggen66

XBmc4gamers Ready To Install

Dear All,

Does any of you has already an XBMC4Gamers ready to be ftp to the console, I have tried XBMC4XBOX-33032 which is the latest version of XBMC together with the XBMC4Kids patch, don't if I should call it a patch, FTP it and got lots of errors, is there already a standalone XBMC4Gamers ready to be FTP without the ArtWork etc, like a small package which we can add artwork as we add our collection.

Thanks

Yes, Googlei is your friend. It's on Rocky5s GitHub. It's come a long way since you were looking at it I think.  Download the prebuilt. Do not build yourself. 

Please login or register to see this link.

Here's some instructions.

(This is also valid for xbmc-emustation)

So to set it all up FTP the pre built xbmc4gamers folder to the root of E. Don't build it yourself, that's only really for expert users that want to change source and recompile. Have all your xbox games in F/Games and/or G/Games. That's where the artwork install script looks for games. Press the black button and go to settings and downloader, you might need to update the downloader under the update tab. Run the cache formatter from the downloader first  (good practice). Download the artwork installer. You'll need 500mb free on E for it to download and extract. Go to skin settings and run the artwork installer script. Let it overwrite existing artwork when asked. The first time the dash boots it could take about 5 minutes or more to scan your games in, this only happens the first time. It's not frozen so just leave it.

If you want to make it your default dash (Hard mod/TSOP):

Use John Conns dashloader. Take this default.xbe and name it evoxdash.xbe and replace your existing evoxdash.xbe on the root of C. I suggest naming your existing to something else to back it up just in case and then delete after you get xbmc4gamers to boot. 

Please login or register to see this link.

Bear in mind that any game with the same default.xbe will get the same artwork. So go through your games and make sure they are all good. This happens with some games that are usually special editions and people just dump a load of games from a big download on. Need for speed underground and underground black edition, midnight club dub edition and dub edition remix are two examples. These are the same game so you would not need both anyway but they would take the same art. You can manually fix any of these by navigating to xbmc4gamers/system/ scripts/Xbox artwork installer via file explorer on the left side and on the right side of file explorer navigate to the game with incorrect artwork and copy the right one over. All artwork is downloaded to that path. 

Also check out the artwork link on the he GitHub. It has emulator artwork and some special edition Xbox game covers. Steel books etc. Jade empire alt cover is nice. 

Edited by Cian Cunningham
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Cian,

It was precisely this what I was looking for, also the default.xbe to evoxdash.xbe to make default dashboard boot as replace the pre installed one,

Btw is there a way to uninstall Evoxdash board is really is a useless dashboard laying on the C.

Thought that XBMC4Gamers needed to be installed on E:\App on not on the root of the system, alright easy tutorial.

Edited by Viggen66

I always keep a backup dash, just in case. Then I can used my modchip bios to change the dash path to the backup dash and then fix any issues with my usual dash 

1 hour ago, jolly62 said:

My E: drive has only 4 GB of space, can I install XBMC4GAMERS in root of F: or G: instead?

There are lots of features/files that you can download right from in the XBMC4Gamers dashboard and the artwork download alone is huge.  Definitely install the dashboard onto the F (or G).  (Though I do use F for the main dashboard, I also add a small dash (i.e. UnleashX) onto my C for redundancy.)

• Like 1

On 4/14/2019 at 12:44 PM, jolly62 said:

My E: drive has only 4 GB of space, can I install XBMC4GAMERS in root of F: or G: instead?

From what i've read, it's best to leave the XBMC-Emustation on the E: drive and the artwork, roms and media files on F: or G:. 

Something about the emulators running better of the E: drive then F: