OGXbox.com

Akumakage

12 hours ago, lopenator said:

Ok guys

I want to say thank you very much for your guidance and kindness. It was a good experience, and thank you again for your time.

I understand that I have to make much proper soldering. I always got a working one, the second console. I will be very gentle and sighted for this one.

About the other, the first console I have one question left : can I repair the D0 fried line with wires ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lopenator said:

you removed the header? I only recommended you reflowed the points because it could have been the cause of your console not working. why not rebuild the lpc and try again

The D0 line is dead. I should solve one problem at a time. Don't you think ? I will do that on the second console. The first didn't boot, even like that.

3 hours ago, Akumakage said:

Hi Lopenator

Is this good soldering enough 🙂 ?

Best regards

20230629_142923.jpg

I think you need a real desolding tool... The one sitting in the background of this photo looks like it may be to big to get the job done. :)

You completely cleared out the LPC. At least you're starting new. Go ahead and do the pin header first. THEN solder the LPC to the pin header and various other pads and vias. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SylverReZ said:

There's no D0 point on 1.6 revisions. LFRAME needs to be cut and D0 on the chip needs to be grounded.

Ah yes ok

I am very sorry. I supposed things is all clear now because I stop to mix something i shouldn't.

I will do that and I hope the D0 line is the only thing that fried.

Thank you very much

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

I think you need a real desolding tool... The one sitting in the background of this photo looks like it may be to big to get the job done. :)

You completely cleared out the LPC. At least you're starting new. Go ahead and do the pin header first. THEN solder the LPC to the pin header and various other pads and vias. :)

I used that tool indeed 🙃.

I will show when it will be done.

Thank you again bowlsnapper

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Akumakage said:

Check the Pic with the xenium lpc still on the motherboard, you should see the "D0" printed on it. Follow the trace, it lead to that point. 😊

Yes, but I would like to know why some people are told to solder the D0 to the leg (not Lframe)? Does it serve the same purpose? Is the grounding momentary and I can access my TSOP? @SS_Dave

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Yes, but I would like to know why some people are told to solder the D0 to the leg (not Lframe)? Does it serve the same purpose? Is the grounding momentary and I can access my TSOP? @SS_Dave

All I know is that chip prevent stress on the D0 line because that xenium nemesis can managed the pulsation of it, the "OS" know when to pulse it normaly and when to pulse it on the ground. 1.6 revision are very bizarre on that point, because of Microsoft become more and more sticky with modding. I know too that TSOP is very unacessable on that revision.

I am sorry bowlsnapper, I cannot help.

But who knows ? Maybe one day with wires, usb port and special flash adapter with a similar method of the eeprom flashing or the flash diedmotherboard like for some bios flash on pc. 🙂

Edited by Akumakage

There is the first step. I try the lpc rebuild but I got to tinned a little less that header. Especialy the right of it.

Tell me what you think of that strange brown marks that appeared.

First time I see that. Is that the greeny skin of the motherboard that left ?

20230630_171252.jpg

50 minutes ago, Akumakage said:

There is the first step. I try the lpc rebuild but I got to tinned a little less that header. Especialy the right of it.

20230630_171252.jpg

Looks like solder mask that has ripped up off the board.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Akumakage said:

Do you have any advice or suggestion about the ripping of the solder mask ?

Should I put something on these ?

@lopenator

@Bowlsnapper

Like lope said, if there wasn't a trace ripped up, then it doesn't matter. He's right that you should use some solder mask, because you don't really know what that copper is attached to and it's best to just cover it as best you can and keep anything from shorting... even though it's just a cross section of copper and solder mask. :)

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Akumakage said:

20230630_171252.jpg

Is this board booting to the original bios now?

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

3 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

Is this board booting to the original bios now?

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

No Dave

The second console works! This is just the modchip that probably died when the D0 line burried up. The file is about the first console, which now have a dead D0 line from the frag while I was playing and I try to make much more better soldering to make sure there will be no issue in the future. The lfram is now cutted by the way, as the line is probably fried indeed, but I supposed like it won't cause any sort of bug. I will double check the board and solder a lpc rebuilder today, then put another chip on it (an Aladin with a evox that I know she work, I do not use it because I cannot flash it with the console 🤷‍♂️) (for now it doesn't matter). 

Best regards