OGXbox.com

Akumakage

On 6/30/2023 at 10:46 PM, Akumakage said:

No Dave

The second console works! This is just the modchip that probably died when the D0 line burried up. The file is about the first console, which now have a dead D0 line from the frag while I was playing and I try to make much more better soldering to make sure there will be no issue in the future. The lfram is now cutted by the way, as the line is probably fried indeed, but I supposed like it won't cause any sort of bug. I will double check the board and solder a lpc rebuilder today, then put another chip on it (an Aladin with a evox that I know she work, I do not use it because I cannot flash it with the console 🤷‍♂️) (for now it doesn't matter). 

Best regards

Please don't use a 5 dollar evox aladdin from aliexpress. It will die and you can't flash it because the SST flash is a bullshit counterfeit. You stated that, too. Please buy a chip from somebody here, or get an xblast from ebay. It'll work fine and it'll be worth the money. Or just get the Sweetdarkdestiny TSOP flash kit and use the softmod kit to flash every TSOP you come across you won't have to buy modchips anymore! :)... unless it's a 1.6 of course 😛

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Please don't use a 5 dollar evox aladdin from aliexpress. It will die and you can't flash it because the SST flash is a bullshit counterfeit. You stated that, too. Please buy a chip from somebody here, or get an xblast from ebay. It'll work fine and it'll be worth the money. Or just get the Sweetdarkdestiny TSOP flash kit and use the softmod kit to flash every TSOP you come across you won't have to buy modcips anymore! :)... unless it's a 1.6 of course 😛

Don't worry bowlsnapper !

I already purchase another one. I just want to try and see if she now works after that. 

I decided finaly to use wires, as I bought too some solder mask to put on.

corrosion is not allowed in my house, and use the pcb won't allowme to put solder on it after I solded it.

I get that console last year, she was sell because hdd break, for spares or parts.

The shields were very corroded, so much because it seem a liquid was drop on the console. Nevermind...

I won't let that console die. I swear 🙂.

• Like 1

On 6/30/2023 at 9:26 AM, Bowlsnapper said:

What is that leg for and why does it work as a D0?

Are you referring the the yellow arrow?

It's classed as a D0 but you should only use it if you are using a X3, Open Xenium, Xenium mod chip 

There is no magic point to safely connect the D0 on a Aladdin mod chip with a 1.6!!

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Akumakage said:

Here is the work of today.

Use wires is more difficult for short range 🙃😵.

Tell me what do you think @Bowlsnapper, please.20230701_183720.thumb.jpg.e2bb0f0ca02cda2fd67bac270021eca7.jpg

I have seen a lot worse and I give you 7/10 

The green and blue wires have little too much insulation exposed but if it's working leave it.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Akumakage said:

Don't worry bowlsnapper !

I already purchase another one. I just want to try and see if she now works after that. 

I decided finaly to use wires, as I bought too some solder mask to put on.

corrosion is not allowed in my house, and use the pcb won't allowme to put solder on it after I solded it.

I get that console last year, she was sell because hdd break, for spares or parts.

The shields were very corroded, so much because it seem a liquid was drop on the console. Nevermind...

I won't let that console die. I swear 🙂.

"Corrosion is not allowed in my house"

That made me laugh out loud for 30 seconds straight. I'm gonna print a T-Shirt that says that and I will use it as a motto every time I sand or brush an RF shield. Thank you :)

I'm glad you're saving every xbox you can. We need to preserve them in the wild and for ourselves. It's sort of like rescuing a hurt animal at a shelter: Yeah sometimes it's nice to aquire a purebred blue nosed Pitt Bull, but it's rewarding to pick up a mutt with two broken legs and nurse him back to perfect heath and then some, if you invest enough.

I sand/wire brush the RF shields where they are rusty and then coat them with metallic paint. If I could I would chrome them... Maybe I can get a chroming kit! That would be SICK!

Don't let that console die Akume!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

Are you referring the the yellow arrow?

It's classed as a D0 but you should only use it if you are using a X3, Open Xenium, Xenium mod chip 

There is no magic point to safely connect the D0 on a Aladdin mod chip with a 1.6!!

Cheers

SS Dave

Shit. Thank you. Why does that wiring work for those chips (basically all the badass ones)? What is different?

2 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

I have seen a lot worse and I give you 7/10 

The green and blue wires have little too much insulation exposed but if it's working leave it.

Cheers

SS Dave

I agree with Dave: I have seen MUCH worse and you did perfectly fine. You cut the wires to the proper length and your soldering looks good! There is a little too much bare wire exposed on a couple of the wires' ends, but if that worries you, cover them with tape. :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

"Corrosion is not allowed in my house"

That made me laugh out loud for 30 seconds straight. I'm gonna print a T-Shirt that says that and I will use it as a motto every time I sand or brush an RF shield. Thank you :)

I'm glad you're saving every xbox you can. We need to preserve them in the wild and for ourselves. It's sort of like rescuing a hurt animal at a shelter: Yeah sometimes it's nice to aquire a purebred blue nosed Pitt Bull, but it's rewarding to pick up a mutt with two broken legs and nurse him back to perfect heath and then some, if you invest enough.

I sand/wire brush the RF shields where they are rusty and then coat them with metallic paint. If I could I would chrome them... Maybe I can get a chroming kit! That would be SICK!

Don't let that console die Akume!

Here is my answer to corrosion. I do not use that shield instead.

Thank you @Bowlsnapper

Thank you @SS_Dave

I will try the boot today as you say it seem to be done ok

20230702_094054.jpg

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Akumakage said:

Here is my answer to corrosion. I do not use that shield instead.

Thank you @Bowlsnapper

Thank you @SS_Dave

I will try the boot today as you say it seem to be done ok

20230702_094054.jpg

First of all, that is practically a NOS RF shield. Looks like it was just manufactured.

Secondly, be careful removing the bottom shield. When I tried it, It resulted in interference when using component cables. Composite and S-video were fine. It's a good thing I was using those cables when I tested! If you want to keep grounding at the bottom, which is usually what causes interference (not having it), just cut the bottom of the shield off so you can have the motherboard sit on it. Then you won't be able to see it! :)

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

First of all, that is practically a NOS RF shield. Looks like it was just manufactured.

Secondly, be careful removing the bottom shield. When I tried it, It resulted in interference when using component cables. Composite and S-video were fine. It's a good thing I was using those cables when I tested! If you want to keep grounding at the bottom, which is usually what causes interference (not having it), just cut the bottom of the shield off so you can have the motherboard sit on it. Then you won't be able to see it! :)

Unfortunately, she didn't boot 😔.

I will try that one day.

20230702_111037.jpg

47 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

did any thing appear in the screen?

Cheers

SS Dave

No, nothing at all. Just that damn christmas light

Which kind of issue that can be ?

Do you think I should change the NV2A or the Celeron ? I was playing, everything could happened after all. The sad is that it will be difficult now to understand what happen exactly on that thing.

By a strange fate, I obtain a died motherboard because of a dumb modding. It was a gift for spares parts from a friend. It was a 1.6 with a Samsung, I was really happy at that moment because parts of the samsung drive allow me to restore the second console I mentionned previously on that topic. I have a complete componant set for 1.6 since that day, with my hot air station.

54 minutes ago, Akumakage said:

No, nothing at all. Just that damn christmas light

Which kind of issue that can be ?

Too save me reading all the previous posts 

What chip are you using?

Did/Will the Xbox boot without the chip fitted after you added the LPC rebuild wiring?

Cheers

SS Dave

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

Too save me reading all the previous posts 

What chip are you using?

Did/Will the Xbox boot without the chip fitted after you added the LPC rebuild wiring?

Cheers

SS Dave

That didn't boot, with or without a modchip.

She frag while I was playing, a xenium ice fried on the same time, after the lpc rebuild I try it with an aladin. Just to check if it is ok. You told me the job is 7/10 ok (I printed that 🙂).

Never more than the christmas light since the initial frag.

2 hours ago, Akumakage said:

That didn't boot, with or without a modchip.

She frag while I was playing, a xenium ice fried on the same time, after the lpc rebuild I try it with an aladin. Just to check if it is ok. You told me the job is 7/10 ok (I printed that 🙂).

Never more than the christmas light since the initial frag.

Did you try disconnecting Lframe/D0 from ground before attempting to boot to stock?

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Did you try disconnecting Lframe/D0 from ground before attempting to boot to stock?

I cutted the lfram, as you did on yours. As the D0 line is probably fried, like that we prevent any sort of bug. Should I solded the D0 of the Aladin to the lfram upper the cut (xyclops side) ? I also solded the bt point on the chip aladin. Maybe that thing is not good anymore. I supposed I will work on the other console too, to check any bad chip. As pretty as I did on what you saw.

Thank you @Bowlsnapper

Thank you @SS_Dave

6 hours ago, Akumakage said:

I cutted the lfram, as you did on yours. As the D0 line is probably fried, like that we prevent any sort of bug. Should I solded the D0 of the Aladin to the lfram upper the cut (xyclops side) ? I also solded the bt point on the chip aladin. Maybe that thing is not good anymore. I supposed I will work on the other console too, to check any bad chip. As pretty as I did on what you saw.

Thank you @Bowlsnapper

Thank you @SS_Dave

Cutting Lframe entirely makes it impossible to boot stock. For diagnostic purposes, I would reconnect it, or do so with a switch so you can see what's what. :) And ground the Lframe... Just long enough to see if it will boot. Take it from there.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Akumakage said:

Thank you @Bowlsnapper

Thank you @SS_Dave

With the mod chip disconnected and you take a voltage reading from each pin on the LPC port from the top of the board while the Xbox is FRAGING

This is looking at the top of the board and with the front of the Xbox facing you.

1292688628_XboxLPCpinout.jpg.017c9582b21d80b32fdd602fbd869b6a.jpg

Just let us know what each pin has ..

Cheers

SS Dave

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

With the mod chip disconnected and you take a voltage reading from each pin on the LPC port from the top of the board while the Xbox is FRAGING

This is looking at the top of the board and with the front of the Xbox facing you.

1292688628_XboxLPCpinout.jpg.017c9582b21d80b32fdd602fbd869b6a.jpg

Just let us know what each pin has ..

Cheers

SS Dave

I am very sorry. I do not have a multimeter. 

Thank you very much Dave

Oh wait I got one. I do not even remember I got one. 

IMG_20230704_153526.jpg

Edited by Akumakage
Miss

1 hour ago, Akumakage said:

Thank you very much Dave

IMG_20230704_153526.jpg

That is an OLD analog multimeter! Cool!

1 hour ago, Akumakage said:

Hi lopenator

Any advice for that? 

I am pleased to ask for whatever, I cannot know how much I missed things if I do not even know their existence. 

He was kidding. The lpc will not hurt you. :)

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Akumakage said:

Thank you very much Dave

IMG_20230704_153526.jpg

Set the dial to DC 10 volt
Hold the black lead (-) on one of the screws then using the red (+) probe each pin.

IMG-20230704-153526.jpg

Cheers

SS Dave

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

Set the dial to DC 10 volt
Hold the black lead (-) on one of the screws then using the red (+) probe each pin.

IMG-20230704-153526.jpg

Cheers

SS Dave

Thank you very much Dave

Any other advice ? Am I need to connect drives for example ? Or just the psu and the motherboard ?

Best regards OGX super team