OGXbox.com

Akumakage

1 hour ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Because unlike us, his xenium's D0 actually works. :) @lopenator

And I am very sorry but the pics are from the first console, not the second. I do my best but I trust that barrier language is a real one and I am not really clear enough as I wrote errors at the same time. I should stop waste your time. 

I guess this is the mod-chip that died for no reason, as the console just read it when it break. 

I guess if another mod-chip cannot work on the second console, it's because rebuild is bad even if it seem nice.

And at last, if the first console cannot boot anymore whatever I try it is because she just fried her d0 line when the mod-chip break. 

I will do some more testing from now and I will consider results as knowledge by logic method. 

Thank you again guys

And best regards

3 hours ago, Akumakage said:

Yes of course I didn't do that. Abdolutely no need of this (if there can be one reason in the world to do that).

I cut lframe trace on my 1.6 because I don't want to ever boot retail and I don't need to send signals over to xyclops anymore. if I ever did want to boot retail i have another Xbox for that. not to mention I can connect the trace easily again if I want too.

if I were you I might try checking traces with a multimeter. maybe confirm lframe and d0 are still working. maybe try reflowing the pin header for a sanity check. I don't really have too many ideas sorry brother.

Edited by lopenator
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Akumakage said:

And I am very sorry but the pics are from the first console, not the second. I do my best but I trust that barrier language is a real one and I am not really clear enough as I wrote errors at the same time. I should stop waste your time. 

I guess this is the mod-chip that died for no reason, as the console just read it when it break. 

I guess if another mod-chip cannot work on the second console, it's because rebuild is bad even if it seem nice.

And at last, if the first console cannot boot anymore whatever I try it is because she just fried her d0 line when the mod-chip break. 

I will do some more testing from now and I will consider results as knowledge by logic method. 

Thank you again guys

And best regards

It is possible that the chip failed and took the consoles' Lframes with it. But let's just hope it's a bad chip. Sweetdarkdestiny, Dtomcat18 and a few others build modchips and sell them. There are also openXeniums on eBay... Get yourself a decent chip and try to boot! However, do NOT buy cheap modchips. You will get a proportionate amount of quality and performance for the price you pay. Those 5 dollar AliExpress Aladdins? Avoid them. :) Know what I mean, Akume?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

It is possible that the chip failed and took the consoles' Lframes with it. But let's just hope it's a bad chip. Sweetdarkdestiny, Dtomcat18 and a few others build modchips and sell them. There are also openXeniums on eBay... Get yourself a decent chip and try to boot! However, do NOT buy cheap modchips. You will get a proportionate amount of quality and performance for the price you pay. Those 5 dollar AliExpress Aladdins? Avoid them. :) Know what I mean, Akume?

sometimes I wonder if we have a 5$ Aladdin. typically what I do is after cerbios boots I flip the switch and release d0 from ground.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

That is the possibly failed chip

IMG_20230628_195836.jpg

IMG_20230628_195806.jpg

1 hour ago, lopenator said:

sometimes I wonder if we have a 5$ Aladdin. typically what I do is after cerbios boots I flip the switch and release d0 from ground.

Dude, I think we do... It's just got a different flash and reprogrammed CPLD.

You can't boot your TSOP when the D0 is switched to disabled after boot?

11 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Dude, I think we do... It's just got a different flash and reprogrammed CPLD.

You can't boot your TSOP when the D0 is switched to disabled after boot?

if I boot into xblastOS and then manually flip the switch I made and try to boot tsop from xblast it does work but only after I manually disable d0

Edited by lopenator

2 minutes ago, lopenator said:

if I boot into xblastOS and then manually flip the switch I made and try to boot tsop from xblast it does work but only after I manually disable d0

Okay. Well, I'm glad THAT works. Otherwise I'd be scratching my head. lol. So much for buying $5 Aladdins and reselling them as XBlasts. lol. God damn D0 is worthless... I wonder why that is? I think the D0 works fine before it's modified... Something about the new CPLD is causing the problem, I think, just like the BT issue. If I can solve that problem... I NEED to solve that problem.

1 minute ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Okay. Well, I'm glad THAT works. Otherwise I'd be scratching my head. lol. So much for buying $5 Aladdins and reselling them as XBlasts. lol. God damn D0 is worthless... I wonder why that is? I think the D0 works fine before it's modified... Something about the new CPLD is causing the problem, I think, just like the BT issue. If I can solve that problem... I NEED to solve that problem.

I think we can go to modz discord. maybe he has an idea. afterall it is from him

8 hours ago, Akumakage said:

And here is the rebuild

20230628_160512.jpg

Where is your D0 wire and ground wire that is shown in a pic from the seller

Xenium-LPC.jpg

I never use the re-build board and in the early days the DuoX2 chips came with them I would toss the re-build board in the  trash.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

2 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

Xenium-LPC.jpg

I never use the re-build board and in the early days the DuoX2 chips came with them I would toss the re-build board in the  trash.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Heh, You're not the first person I've heard say that. Why do you not like the boards? Just never really precise enough?

1 hour ago, lopenator said:

also this needs to be reflowed. there is no connection here. I would go over all of them because they look cold 

Screenshot_2023-06-28-19-48-37-96_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Good point. It may be connected in the back of the solder drop, but that is NOT a good connection from that perspective... It looks like it's just sitting on the pin and like it may just be hanging down in the middle of the via. Definitely needs to be redone.(Via? Hole? ... is it a via?) That would actually be difficult to do intentionally.

10 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Heh, You're not the first person I've heard say that. Why do you not like the boards? Just never really precise enough?

Good point. It may be connected in the back of the solder drop, but that is NOT a good connection from that perspective... It looks like it's just sitting on the pin and like it may just be hanging down in the middle of the via. Definitely needs to be redone.(Via? Hole? ... is it a via?) That would actually be difficult to do intentionally.

a connection like that can and will 100% cause issues. maybe it'll work for a short while but it will fail. I'm not sure if it's what's causing ops issue but the lpc rebuild needs to be redone. this is probably why Dave throws them out. you can get guaranteed result's with a manual rebuild.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lopenator said:

a connection like that can and will 100% cause issues. maybe it'll work for a short while but it will fail. I'm not sure if it's what's causing ops issue but the lpc rebuild needs to be redone. this is probably why Dave throws them out. you can get guaranteed result's with a manual rebuild.

@Akumakage Well, Akume performed the initial LPC soldering with the rebuild board present. It's not supposed to be done that way. The pin header is supposed to be soldered in, THEN the rebuild board soldered to the already-made pin header connections... The pads and vias should probably be tinned a minimum before attaching the rebuild board. But I wouldn't recommend that to a novice. I would recommend the soldering iron touch those pads as little and as few times as possible. lol. :)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

Xenium-LPC.jpg

Cheers

SS Dave

From the xenium mods seller (as it seem)

https://www.ebay.com/str/xeniummods

9 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

Xenium-LPC.jpg

Cheers

SS Dave

The cable is on the second console. I just got one.

6 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

@Akumakage Well, Akume performed the initial LPC soldering with the rebuild board present. It's not supposed to be done that way. The pin header is supposed to be soldered in, THEN the rebuild board soldered to the already-made pin header connections... The pads and vias should probably be tinned a minimum before attaching the rebuild board. But I wouldn't recommend that to a novice. I would recommend the soldering iron touch those pads as little and as few times as possible. lol. :)

I swear I did that. Pinheader first, then I solder the pcb. I remember the pcb cannot touch the board when I modded, because I put too much of tin. So I put out some of it and then the pcb can touch the board. I supposed it happen recently when I reflow that. I just want to remind that the first modded console work few month before it frag...

3 minutes ago, Akumakage said:

I swear I did that. Pinheader first, then I solder the pcb. I remember the pcb cannot touch the board when I modded, because I put too much of tin. So I put out some of it and then the pcb can touch the board. I supposed it happen recently when I reflow that. I just want to remind that the first modded console work few month before it frag...

Furthermore, maybe the first console frag because of a bad soldering within' time. I supposed it's the answer. I will do more training and check both multiple times.

I am not sure I clearly understand what you said guys : what kind of problem can you have with bt point ? Is that about the connection we can make to turn on permanently a chip with a soldering ? Consoles got one as well ?! 😵

24 minutes ago, Akumakage said:

Furthermore, maybe the first console frag because of a bad soldering within' time. I supposed it's the answer. I will do more training and check both multiple times.

I am not sure I clearly understand what you said guys : what kind of problem can you have with bt point ? Is that about the connection we can make to turn on permanently a chip with a soldering ? Consoles got one as well ?! 😵

I was going to suggest that the solder joints could go bad with time if they do not have a strong bond. I would do them all again. :)

The BT wire on the Xblast Aladdin XT chips cannot be used, or it will cause a frag. It is used for the front panel buttons to tell what has been pressed: Eject or Power. Based on this the Xblast CPLD would load a certain bank. However, this can already be seen from the LPC port so there is no purpose. Grounding BT, which is usually suggested by the manual since it is not needed by XBlast, results in a frag because the CPLD glitches when it sees this. It has something to do with XBlast being used on the Aladdin chip instead of the chip XBlastOS was designed for, I believe. D0, which is what is being grounded to force the chip to load, does not work on Lope and I's chips, so we need to get different chips with a working D0 so we can use OUR TSOP chips. Right now we're wiring our motherboard D0 (Lframe in my case since it's a 1.6) to ground to get our chips to work, since the D0 pads on our chips do not function properly, again, a glitch from using XBlastOS on the Aladdin chips. It's not good practice to do this with Lframe (the 1.6 D0) because there is a lot of power being used and it will eventually cause circuit failure in my Xbox. 

The 1.6 cannot utilize the stock bios storage because it's not located where it always had been for years. It's in a weird place on the motherboard, so it's just not accessible. However, previous version Xboxes have a perfectly accessible TSOP. :)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

I was going to suggest that the solder joints could go bad with time if they do not have a strong bond. I would do them all again. :)

The BT wire on the Xblast Aladdin XT chips cannot be used, or it will cause a frag. It is used for the front panel buttons to tell what has been pressed: Eject or Power. Based on this the Xblast CPLD would load a certain bank. However, this can already be seen from the LPC port so there is no purpose. Grounding BT, which is usually suggested by the manual since it is not needed by XBlast, results in a frag because the CPLD glitches when it sees this. It has something to do with XBlast being used on the Aladdin chip instead of the chip XBlastOS was designed for, I believe. D0, which is what is being grounded to force the chip to load, does not work on Lope and I's chips, so we need to get different chips with a working D0 so we can use OUR TSOP chips. Right now we're wiring our motherboard D0 (Lframe in my case since it's a 1.6) to ground to get our chips to work, since the D0 pads on our chips do not function properly, again, a glitch from using XBlastOS on the Aladdin chips. It's not good practice to do this with Lframe (the 1.6 D0) because there is a lot of power being used and it will eventually cause circuit failure in my Xbox. 

The 1.6 cannot utilize the stock bios storage because it's not located where it always had been for years. It's in a weird place on the motherboard, so it's just not accessible. However, previous version Xboxes have a perfectly accessible TSOP. :)

Yep it is another level of knowledge for sure. Thank you for this sharing.