OGXbox.com

Problem with adapter and Slayer Evox 2.7

technoob

10 minutes ago, technoob said:

we have different drives, that's the point. there's no "i'm right, you're wrong / i say the truth, you lie "
look at it carefully and mind that I tried once to connect the other cable and messd with a couple of those pins.
and sorry for the blurry images, I was just too pissed to keep the focus, if that makes you happy.

IMG_20130122_215804.jpg

IMG_20130122_215813.jpg

IMG_20130122_215751.jpg

...... Noob THE PIN IS MISSING. ARE YOU KIDDING RIGHT NOW? YOU CAN LITERALLY SEE THE HOLE.

All drives are the same with their ide connection. I have been doing this a while now. There is no reason why MS would have different IDE connections for different drives. They would settle on a single spec. The fact that our drives are not the same model is irrelevant. If that was a point of yours, you never made it known until now.

But that doesn't matter because YOUR DRIVE HAS THE PIN MISSING like I said. The cable will work. Would you please stop this and buy the parts we're telling you you need?

27 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

...... Noob THE PIN IS MISSING. ARE YOU KIDDING RIGHT NOW? YOU CAN LITERALLY SEE THE HOLE.

All drives are the same with their ide connection. I have been doing this a while now. There is no reason why MS would have different IDE connections for different drives. They would settle on a single spec. The fact that our drives are not the same model is irrelevant. If that was a point of yours, you never made it known until now.

But that doesn't matter because YOUR DRIVE HAS THE PIN MISSING like I said. The cable will work. Would you please stop this and buy the parts we're telling you you need?

it seems that that may be right, I just need the startech and the new cables since the one I have is just too short and it's not going to work anyway with any adapter I have since they all have all pins. yeah, i miscalculated, I thought they were 21 in the row so to have 10 pins on both sides but they're actually 9 on the left and 10 on the right. pretty strange. yeah ok, nothing surprising, I've always been a disaster in algebra, but I don't think I'll buy anything, I mean, if I get the money from the console I'm selling I might as well buy a new PC to emulate it all with Xemu, which is probably the best thing for me.

well thanks for clarifying things out. now at least I know what to do.

btw: fyi, consider that here in Italy the adapter doesn't cost just 20$ it costs 40€ (around 50$) same goes for cables and other stuff, just to help you figuring out why I'm so reluctant.

Edited by technoob

7 minutes ago, technoob said:

it seems that that may be right, I just need the startech and the new cables since the one I have is just too short and it's not going to work anyway with any adapter I have since they all have all pins. yeah, i miscalculated, I thought they were 21 in the row so to have 10 pins on both sides but they're actually 9 on the left and 10 on the right. pretty strange. yeah ok, nothing surprising, I've always been a disaster in algebra, but I don't think I'll buy anything, I mean, if I get the money from the console I'm selling I might as well buy a new PC to emulate it all with Xemu, which is probably the best thing for me.

well thanks for clarifying things out. now at least I know what to do.

btw: fyi, consider that here in Italy the adapter doesn't cost just 20$ it costs 40€ (around 50$) same goes for cables and other stuff, just to help you figuring out why I'm so reluctant.

It's unfortunate that the parts cost so much there. I indeed did not know that. But if you get the parts, you will not have to worry about diagnosing any problems caused by them. If you have this same issue I would be floored. When you can, get em. Don't waste any more money on cheap parts. Get what you need. :)