OGXbox.com

Problem with adapter and Slayer Evox 2.7

technoob

2 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

... What about it?

simply all drives and adapters have all pins on both rows, how am I supposed to use the cable with the missing hole in the middle?

as regards jumpers on sata drives, what about this ?
main-qimg-b400f3c34c2dca22ce57851a442b1a

Edited by technoob

Just now, Marty said:

No, they don't.

Are you looking at a SCSI cable or something else?

yes they do. all pins on both rows, both the dvd and hard drives I got have them. no missing pin in the middle. also the adapter is the same so how am I supposed to use the cable that misses a hole in the middle?

1 minute ago, technoob said:

simply all drives and adapters have all pins on both rows, how am I supposed to use the cable with the missing hole in the middle?

Theyre all missing on EIDE/80-wire cables. 40 have all the openings present. 80 wires have the missing hole. If you look on the StarTech, you will see that the same pin is missing. It's designed into the cable and is not something you should worry about. If it didn't work, people wouldn't use it. Look at all the reviews of people using them with their Xboxes. 

It will work fine.

Theyre all missing on EIDE/80-wire cables. 40 have all the openings present. 80 wires have the missing hole. If you look on the StarTech, you will see that the same pin is missing. It's designed into the cable and is not something you should worry about. If it didn't work, people wouldn't use it. Look at all the reviews of people using them with their Xboxes. 

It will work fine.

ok the adapter can connect to that because it seems it missed the pin in the middle, but what about the dvd drive ? it has all the pins

5 minutes ago, Marty said:

No, they don't.

Are you looking at a SCSI cable or something else?

31-Bu-UHB5-YSL-AC.jpg

He's talking about this, @Marty That's a stock 40 wire.

61-WEb-Plrz-L.jpg

That is an 80 wire. He is correct. The 80 wire has one less pin. @technoob

However. It is designed this way. And like I said, you will see that the StarTech has the same missing pin in order to accommodate this cable, or it would not even be able to be used.

Noob, buy an 80-wire cable buddy.

3 minutes ago, technoob said:

ok the adapter can connect to that because it seems it missed the pin in the middle, but what about the dvd drive ? it has all the pins

Noob. Read the reviews of that cable. The reviews show people with it INSTALLED IN THEIR XBOXES. This cable is mandatory for anybody using the SATA adapter and has always been. You don't need to be skeptical...

31-Bu-UHB5-YSL-AC.jpg

He's talking about this, @Marty That's a stock 40 wire.

61-WEb-Plrz-L.jpg

That is an 80 wire. He is correct. The 80 wire has one less pin. @technoob

However. It is designed this way. And like I said, you will see that the StarTech has the same missing pin in order to accommodate this cable, or it would not even be able to be used.

Noob, buy an 80-wire cable buddy.

As said before, there would be still the problem of the DVD drive that has all the pins on both rows. Withouth the DVD drive I can't install Evox which runs on CD so it's all pointless.

Just now, Bowlsnapper said:

Noob. Read the reviews of that cable. It shows people with it INSTALLED IN THEIR XBOXES. This cable is mandatory for anybody using the SATA adapter and has always been. You don't need to be skeptical...

I know and I trust that, I just have logic doubts to solve.

Edited by technoob

Just now, technoob said:

Dude, just give up, I don't need to show the pics and we don't need to go like yes/no/yes/no forever.

Noob, look at my stupid post count. I am telling you after Installing this cable in several Xboxes myself, it will work fine. I don't know why you are arguing with us

Please stop getting defensive. If I have to I'll take pics when I get home of an 80wire in that Amazon link hooked up to my DVD ROM drive. It works, dude...

Correct. It can't have both rows or an 80wire would not be backwards compatible. Please look again. @technoob

just checked. all pins are there. some are even retracted god knows why, possibly my past attempts to make it work with my old windows pc cable at the time I had the green bogus adapter. really, let's just quit it at the moment, I'll be back when I have enough money to waste and follow the official guides and reccomendations.

2 minutes ago, technoob said:

just checked. all pins are there. some are even retracted god knows why, possibly my past attempts to make it work with my old windows pc cable at the time I had the green bogus adapter. really, let's just quit it at the moment, I'll be back when I have enough money to waste and follow the official guides and reccomendations.

What do you consider to be official? :) are we not following directions? Do we all have DVD ROM drives that simultaneously work but do not? I don't know what you're trying to say here. Anybody else here will tell you the same thing. 

Sigh... I'll take some pics tonight.

1 minute ago, Bowlsnapper said:

What do you consider to be official? :) are we not following directions? Do we all have DVD ROM drives that simultaneously work but do not? I don't know what you're trying to say here. Anybody else here will tell you the same thing. 

Sigh... I'll take some pics tonight.

By official I meant "the things you guys say" ... geez... let's just get over it. You don't need to waste time taking pics and I'm not arguing with anyone.

50 minutes ago, technoob said:

simply all drives and adapters have all pins on both rows. The StarTech doesn't.

Then why does the DVD ROM drive have a pin missing? Quite simply, this is not true.

IMG-20231028-110643.jpg

IMG-20231028-110712.jpg

IMG-20231028-110629.jpg

IMG-20231028-110638.jpg

@technoob I don't have a preoccupation with being right. I only want to ensure that you and anybody reading this thread ends up with accurate information that they can base their decisions on.

YOU, however, seem to have a preoccupation with being defensive and proud. This is going to make it impossible for you to receive constructive criticism or accept advice that will make your life much easier, much sooner. This is senseless and unfortunate. Sure we're grilling you, but that's because you're arguing with us when you came HERE for help... But for some reason we're wrong and you know better than us.

Please accept the advice that ANYBODY on this site will give you: buy an 80wire cable, like the one I linked and buy a StarTech. They are not a waste of money. You are experiencing problems because you're using a stock cable. It is common knowledge to everybody here that when upgrading to SATA, you need to also replace the stock cable with an 80 wire. Unless you're trolling, there is no logical reason to argue with us.

Take the advice and have your Xbox work... Or be proud and stubborn and experience issues. Not a hard decision.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Marty said:

He should buy one of your tricked-out XBOX's (with a flashed Aladdin XT).

I have no idea if you're being serious or not... But hey, at least he wouldn't have anything left to fix. It would just work... And he would have digital out... Although he may plug it into the left channel input on his receiver and then say it isn't working correctly because it should have both channels carried through it and the receiver should be able to decode a digital signal when plugged into an analog input on only one side.

50 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Then why does the DVD ROM drive have a pin missing? Quite simply, this is not true.

IMG-20231028-110643.jpg

IMG-20231028-110712.jpg

IMG-20231028-110629.jpg

IMG-20231028-110638.jpg

@technoob I don't have a preoccupation with being right. I only want to ensure that you and anybody reading this thread ends up with accurate information that they can base their decisions on.

YOU, however, seem to have a preoccupation with being defensive and proud. This is going to make it impossible for you to receive constructive criticism or accept advice that will make your life much easier, much sooner. This is senseless and unfortunate. Sure we're grilling you, but that's because you're arguing with us when you came HERE for help... But for some reason we're wrong and you know better than us.

Please accept the advice that ANYBODY on this site will give you: buy an 80wire cable, like the one I linked and buy a StarTech. They are not a waste of money. You are experiencing problems because you're using a stock cable. It is common knowledge to everybody here that when upgrading to SATA, you need to also replace the stock cable with an 80 wire. Unless you're trolling, there is no logical reason to argue with us.

Take the advice and have your Xbox work... Or be proud and stubborn and experience issues. Not a hard decision.

we have different drives, that's the point. there's no "i'm right, you're wrong / i say the truth, you lie "
look at it carefully and mind that I tried once to connect the other cable and messd with a couple of those pins.
and sorry for the blurry images, I was just too pissed to keep the focus, if that makes you happy.

IMG_20130122_215804.jpg

IMG_20130122_215813.jpg

IMG_20130122_215751.jpg