OGXbox.com

Akumakage

17 minutes ago, Akumakage said:

Thank you very much Dave

Any other advice ? Am I need to connect drives for example ? Or just the psu and the motherboard ?

Best regards OGX super team

No drives you just need the PSU and Power Button connected to the mother board.

Have the board turned on and flashing the LED

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

That is an OLD analog multimeter! Cool!

I still use a analogue meter, From memory it's about early 1970's

PXL-20230705-074215843.jpg

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

I still use a analogue meter, From memory it's about early 1970's

PXL-20230705-074215843.jpg

Cheers

SS Dave

So you actually use that thing regularly? That is so incredibly damn cool!

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

So you actually use that thing regularly? That is so incredibly damn cool!

Yep while a digital meter is more accurate an analogue meter will give a quick ( almost instant) indication of yes it's X voltage at different points on a board.

Cheers

SS Dave

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

Yep while a digital meter is more accurate an analogue meter will give a quick ( almost instant) indication of yes it's X voltage at different points on a board.

Cheers

SS Dave

Yeah, there's a lot of latency with multimeters...I don't know why.

56 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Yeah, there's a lot of latency with multimeters...I don't know why.

My daily driver meter is a Fluke 87v and it has a bar graph that's quick but it still easier to see a needle swing on a analogue meter, I also quite often use a CRO in place of the analogue meter. It really just depends on the job I am working on.

Cheers

SS Dave

On 7/5/2023 at 4:18 PM, SS_Dave said:

My daily driver meter is a Fluke 87v and it has a bar graph that's quick but it still easier to see a needle swing on a analogue meter, I also quite often use a CRO in place of the analogue meter. It really just depends on the job I am working on.

Cheers

SS Dave

Hmmm, I have to research multimeters now. Lol.

On 7/5/2023 at 9:39 AM, SS_Dave said:

No drives you just need the PSU and Power Button connected to the mother board.

Have the board turned on and flashing the LED

Cheers

SS Dave

Hi Dave

This one was really touchy to do.

Tell me if I can proceed to test now.

I am very sorry for the wait of these recent days, but, you know, real life can be really invaded somehow by things of the virtual life. Like work or bills, you know.

Best regards

20230708_173918.jpg

20230708_173738.jpg

Just now, Akumakage said:

Hi Dave

This one was really touchy to do.

Tell me if I can proceed to test now.

I am very sorry for the wait of these recent days, but, you know, real life can be really invaded somehow by things of the virtual life. Like work or bills, you know.

Best regards

20230708_173918.jpg

20230708_173738.jpg

I got this one too if others aren't very visible.

20230708_173714.jpg

4 hours ago, Akumakage said:

I got this one too if others aren't very visible.

20230708_173714.jpg

From the pictures you have posted there is nothing wrong with that trace repair and that is a extremely neat job

Have you tested the Xbox to see if it boots to the original bios?

Cheers

SS Dave

15 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

From the pictures you have posted there is nothing wrong with that trace repair and that is a extremely neat job

Cheers

SS Dave

Hi Dave

I will do both test, as you advised.

See you later

18 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

Cheers

SS Dave

OO'

I will use the multimeter now....

20230709_164804.jpg

Edited by Akumakage

Ok Here are the results.

I supposed my analog multimeter is old (not like yours are old, I mean mine should be a little unprecise).

To contrary, as high is the results I obtain, the higher the unprecision is high. There is even some proportionality between the results and what I should obtain. So I think we can consider 2.5v is equal to 3.3v and 4v is equal to 5v. Blame the stuff... I do not understand why "disconnected" pins gave signals, but maybe it is just about the LPC. I do not know, just an idea from me.

I very check double time, each pins, because I was really surprise. So I supposed here are the results. I hope these results give some informations to you guys. I can do it a third time if you wish.

As it seems, the only really disagreement come to the pin number 16. The console now boot, as the previous pic show a scrambled screen of the clock setting page (yes I can recognize that indeed ^^). I do not understand that too, because before the cut of LFram she didin't boot.

In brief, desperately ^^' haha

best regards

nice sunday

Draw_Comp_Keymap_Akume.pdf

On 7/10/2023 at 2:21 AM, Akumakage said:

Ok Here are the results.

I supposed my analog multimeter is old (not like yours are old, I mean mine should be a little unprecise).

To contrary, as high is the results I obtain, the higher the unprecision is high. There is even some proportionality between the results and what I should obtain. So I think we can consider 2.5v is equal to 3.3v and 4v is equal to 5v. Blame the stuff... I do not understand why "disconnected" pins gave signals, but maybe it is just about the LPC. I do not know, just an idea from me.

I very check double time, each pins, because I was really surprise. So I supposed here are the results. I hope these results give some informations to you guys. I can do it a third time if you wish.

As it seems, the only really disagreement come to the pin number 16. The console now boot, as the previous pic show a scrambled screen of the clock setting page (yes I can recognize that indeed ^^). I do not understand that too, because before the cut of LFram she didin't boot.

In brief, desperately ^^' haha

best regards

nice sunday

Draw_Comp_Keymap_Akume.pdf 230.7 kB · 2 downloads

All the voltages are consistently low so I am putting that down to you meter 

Can you test the voltages on the Orange, Red, Yellow wires as in the diagram on the top right for a 1.6

603501330_powersupplyXbox.jpg.ad6084eb60309db4840f14f779c66ba5.jpg

Cheers

SS Dave

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

All the voltages are consistently low so I am putting that down to you meter 

Can you test the voltages on the Orange, Red, Yellow wires as in the diagram on the top right for a 1.6

603501330_powersupplyXbox.jpg.ad6084eb60309db4840f14f779c66ba5.jpg

Cheers

SS Dave

Hi dave

I really love that one because I just wonder if I can switch some psu to fit with other revisions 😁

I will check that too. 

3 hours ago, Akumakage said:

Hi dave

I really love that one because I just wonder if I can switch some psu to fit with other revisions 😁

I will check that too. 

The version 1.6 has a PSU that is unique to that board only

The 1.0 -1.1 has the same voltages as a 1.2 - 1.4 just the plug is different

Cheers

SS Dave

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

Cheers

SS Dave

Hi Dave

Yup I saw that. "Orange voltage" is too high to fit with another blend. There is still good things to do, even helas not for mines ^^'.

I have two 1.6 psu, I will check both and try the other one on our console repair file !

By the way, do you have clue about why now she can boot to give this scrambled screen ? Is the only D0 line that fried was this tiny trace near the xyclops ? Why the modchip seem to died that way either ?

4 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

Cheers

SS Dave

Ok Dave I check both 1.6 PSU I have. All the results are consistently low. The difference is always the same, so everything match even if they are low. I supposed we really have to blame the materials to check the results. I swear, the other psu I have work good. I ckeck him with the other console I talked about in that topic, which can boot and totally work in retail and is now fully de-modded ( because I want that like so ).

I used the shield as a ground for the multimeter while I was keeping the motherboard with my hand and the red checker with the other one (the ground was keep with mobdylene, it work). I know the results are low, but they really are proportional, with different machines and working psu. I guess the problem is somewhere else.

What do you think ?