OGXbox.com

Akumakage

Hi everyone

I will try to use my best english language to communicate. Do anyone already had one time a particularly strange default like that on console : I use a Xenium Ice modchip, with a kernel bios and Cerbios (the good version for 1.6), on an 1.6 version (not "b" because she was create before september, 2004), and one day, shit happen. I just had a total green screen and the console never boot again, just limited to the christmas light after the three time faulty boot.

And you know what ? I had another console, the one I never touched because I loved her so much, you know. I modded her... exactly like the other one, with the same Xenium modchip and the same LPC rebuilder rev.2.1 from Xenium team. The other one worked perfectly a time, isn't it. Not a problem from the wirring. I turned on her, she booted just the time to see this perfect cerbios logo (the blue wolf), and from there (just after one or two second) I got a total green screen again, and now I got two broken console.

I have no other word to describe how far I am sad. Did it just my modchip died for no reason and if a put another modchip on that, both console will boot again ?

Best regard for the community as well

Hope someone will have an idea of what happen

how is av cable connected? make sure it's sitting all the way in the Xbox. if you have the console outputting ypbpr and you have it going through RGB the screen will look green. the fact that this is happening to both of your console makes me suspect something could be going on with your av cable.

On 6/25/2023 at 12:00 PM, SS_Dave said:

What happens if you unplug the mod-chip? Will the Xbox boot normally?

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Hi Dave

Hope you feel great and thank you for your participation.

As the LPC rebuilder 2.1 xenium for the 1.6 and 1.6b is on and solded, if I unpluged the modchip the console cannot boot, because of the LPC restruct. After that restruct, if you put off the modchip it is like put off the kernel on previous console. Or so ? maybe I am wrong, I will try that later. I think I will also grouned the Do on both motherboard and use an aladin XT 2 plus with an EvoX. I will try that too when I will have time (or energy to fight my bad modding time depression).

Again, thank you for your participation and advice

I will follow your idea

Best regard

20 hours ago, lopenator said:

how is av cable connected? make sure it's sitting all the way in the Xbox. if you have the console outputting ypbpr and you have it going through RGB the screen will look green. the fact that this is happening to both of your console makes me suspect something could be going on with your av cable.

Hi lopenator

Thank you for your participation, thank you very much.

The cable is on, no doubt about that. And yes it's a Yuv component, you right. That cable match both console before modding, in PAL and NTSC after modding for one of these console (the other one wasn't modded until few days to check issue). You know, it's a gamegear which you can found on Amazon or Ebay. Do you think I have to try another cable? I got the original (the one with just three cinch) and a scart (in french we say "péritel", the big one barely rectangular). Even in PAL 576i, colors and refreshment are better with that cable than with the original. I reached 1080i with some dashboard with that cable, on the modded console turn to NTSC. Of course, all of that with the same tv, same connection and port and same cable. No problem before these recent days.

What about problem with the TV ? Flashed two xcalibur encoder or two NV2A because of a bad TV sorting ? Normally signals cannot go from the TV to the consoles, it's an input of course. Also, I can saw the cerbios logo before the green screen appeared on the second console. The green screen appears suddendly on the first console while I was playing. By the way, both console assume christmas light and the three times faulty boot. I test signals. When the cable is not connected, the led flashes green-orange, exactly when the console detect no cable output. whern I plugged, the led changed to green-red (the christmas light). So I supposed both console can check the cable is on andf plugged, isn't it ? Or maybe I'm wrong I do not know. What do you think?

So both console can continue to execute test, I supposed it means something too. Totally died motherboards cannot execute testing, nor for the video cable connection or the drive dvd check. I keep some sort of hope for these two motherboards.

I will do testing on another TV, before try another modchip.

Again, thank you very much lopenator

Best regards

7 hours ago, Akumakage said:

Hi Dave

Hope you feel great and thank you for your participation.

As the LPC rebuilder 2.1 xenium for the 1.6 and 1.6b is on and solded, if I unpluged the modchip the console cannot boot, because of the LPC restruct. After that restruct, if you put off the modchip it is like put off the kernel on previous console. Or so ? maybe I am wrong, I will try that later. I think I will also grouned the Do on both motherboard and use an aladin XT 2 plus with an EvoX. I will try that too when I will have time (or energy to fight my bad modding time depression).

Again, thank you for your participation and advice

I will follow your idea

Best regard

4 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

The Xbox should boot fine with the rebuild board still on the board or wires on the board

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

This language barrier is hilarious and slightly challenging at the same time. :)

@Akumakage, the only reason your console should frag (red/green lights) without the chip plugged in, is if Lframe/D0 is grounded to the motherboard and your mobo is trying to boot the LPC, but can't because there's nothing there. 

7 hours ago, Akumakage said:

Hi lopenator

Thank you for your participation, thank you very much.

The cable is on, no doubt about that. And yes it's a Yuv component, you right. That cable match both console before modding, in PAL and NTSC after modding for one of these console (the other one wasn't modded until few days to check issue). You know, it's a gamegear which you can found on Amazon or Ebay. Do you think I have to try another cable? I got the original (the one with just three cinch) and a scart (in french we say "péritel", the big one barely rectangular). Even in PAL 576i, colors and refreshment are better with that cable than with the original. I reached 1080i with some dashboard with that cable, on the modded console turn to NTSC. Of course, all of that with the same tv, same connection and port and same cable. No problem before these recent days.

What about problem with the TV ? Flashed two xcalibur encoder or two NV2A because of a bad TV sorting ? Normally signals cannot go from the TV to the consoles, it's an input of course. Also, I can saw the cerbios logo before the green screen appeared on the second console. The green screen appears suddendly on the first console while I was playing. By the way, both console assume christmas light and the three times faulty boot. I test signals. When the cable is not connected, the led flashes green-orange, exactly when the console detect no cable output. whern I plugged, the led changed to green-red (the christmas light). So I supposed both console can check the cable is on andf plugged, isn't it ? Or maybe I'm wrong I do not know. What do you think?

So both console can continue to execute test, I supposed it means something too. Totally died motherboards cannot execute testing, nor for the video cable connection or the drive dvd check. I keep some sort of hope for these two motherboards.

I will do testing on another TV, before try another modchip.

Again, thank you very much lopenator

Best regards

I think SCART has the potential to carry true RGB, but I'm not sure if it does that with the Xbox. It might just be component. So yeah, you'll get 1080 with it. The slight green tinted blacks that you're talking about happen on mine too. I think that's everybody and is unrelated to your fragging. I don't think that that is a sign of an issue... Unless you're saying that that's what happened when it died... In which case, yes: That is a sign of a big problem. Haha.

Do you have Lframe/D0 grounded permanently to the motherboard on these 1.6 consoles? If so, disconnect those wires from ground and tell us if those consoles boot. If they don't... Then damn you may have fried your Lframe already... On BOTH consoles. That possibility is extremely improbable and is not likely to be the issue. It usually takes time. The fact that your console died while running something is interesting, and that it didn't come up while you were trying to load software, restart, boot, etc... Basically do anything involving reading the chip. So I don't know if it's the chip... But both consoles died the same way, and the modchip is the only common factor between them. So this is definitely an odd problem. 

Can you do us a favor and please post a picture of both rebuilds, along with ID of which console they belong to? 

Thank you :)

PS: As long as your chip's D0 works, use IT instead of motherboard grounding, but yes, try disconnecting the D0 ground completely to see if your TSOP boots and to see if your consoles are truly dead. :) .... And :(

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

This language barrier is hilarious and slightly challenging at the same time. :)

@Akumakage, the only reason your console should frag (red/green lights) without the chip plugged in, is if Lframe/D0 is grounded to the motherboard and your mobo is trying to boot the LPC, but can't because there's nothing there. 

I think SCART has the potential to carry true RGB, but I'm not sure if it does that with the Xbox. It might just be component. So yeah, you'll get 1080 with it. The slight green tinted blacks that you're talking about happen on mine too. I think that's everybody and is unrelated to your fragging. I don't think that that is a sign of an issue... Unless you're saying that that's what happened when it died... In which case, yes: That is a sign of a big problem. Haha.

Do you have Lframe/D0 grounded permanently to the motherboard on these 1.6 consoles? If so, disconnect those wires from ground and tell us if those consoles boot. If they don't... Then damn you may have fried your Lframe already... On BOTH consoles. That possibility is extremely improbable and is not likely to be the issue. It usually takes time. The fact that your console died while running something is interesting, and that it didn't come up while you were trying to load software, restart, boot, etc... Basically do anything involving reading the chip. So I don't know if it's the chip... But both consoles died the same way, and the modchip is the only common factor between them. So this is definitely an odd problem. 

Can you do us a favor and please post a picture of both rebuilds, along with ID of which console they belong to? 

PS: As long as your chip's D0 works, use IT instead of motherboard grounding, but yes, try disconnecting the D0 ground completely to see if your TSOP boots and to see if your consoles are truly dead. :) .... And :(

RGB scart on xbox is hilariously bad. Signal is not RAW (4:2:2), but processed garbage. Insult to injury is that flicker filter. Component, the only proper way to play xbox.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, prtscn said:

RGB scart on xbox is hilariously bad. Signal is not RAW (4:2:2), but processed garbage. Insult to injury is that flicker filter. Component, the only proper way to play xbox.

That's disappointing. Thank you for warning me against even trying it. Lmao.

• Like 1

On 6/26/2023 at 3:57 PM, SS_Dave said:

The Xbox should boot fine with the rebuild board still on the board or wires on the board

Cheers

SS Dave

Hi Dave

Oh ok, I didn't think it can boot like that. Thank you for your help and your knowledge. Otherwise, I followed your idea and tried to boot the second console without the chip and she boot correctly to the clock settings image. By the way, on the same TV, cable and port.

So what do you think about that ?

It seems that the first console didn't boot without the modchip or with it on. There is no sign of damage or burned trace on the motherboard. An idea, dear hardmodder who dislike masturbating ?

Best regards and cheers

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Akumakage said:

Hi Dave

Oh ok, I didn't think it can boot like that. Thank you for your help and your knowledge. Otherwise, I followed your idea and tried to boot the second console without the chip and she boot correctly to the clock settings image. By the way, on the same TV, cable and port.

So what do you think about that ?

It seems that the first console didn't boot without the modchip or with it on. There is no sign of damage or burned trace on the motherboard. An idea, dear hardmodder who dislike masturbating ?

Best regards and cheers

Dave, what do you think of that? Do you dislike maturbating, or do you just have a healthy and realistic level of cynicism about it as it relates to the analogies of other pseudo events in life?... such as softmodding? @SS_Dave

• Like 1

On 6/26/2023 at 8:21 PM, Bowlsnapper said:

Hi Bowlsnapper

Thank you for your help, thank you so much. I am very sorry for the language. I supposed the best is that we can understand each other (great success for me haha).

I said I see the difference of quality of the gamegear component even in PAL (on 576i) in front of other cable, so yes I guess it's a very good cable. About SCART or RGB I just said I have one of each, because it can be usefull when you do not have other port on your TV. I never pretend that it can more efficient to get 1080i with that console (and, for real, I do not think other engine can be more lucky, DVD lector or else, I made comparisson with pic haha you are forced to proceed like that in PAL).

I really apreciate your details and your confirmation about the knowledge. You know I do my best, I begin all of that stuff about modding last year from "the start to scratch" as I like to say. I am a big fan of that console and games and I was very disapointed when my first drive died, some four or five years before (a samsung rev A, damn). I operate repair with some modelism pieces and parts and it work from that time (that was just the motor of the draw that died). Now I prefer to buy original pieces but of course lack of knowledge is a lethal injury for some repair.

But, in soldering I think I am not so bad. Maybe you can tell me what you think about these LPC rebuild (with PCB it's a piece of cake). I will try to upload these pics when I will have the time. I promise. By the way, note that D0 weren't solder to ground on both console, because I use Xenium modchip ^^. I choose them because I feel that the cutting of the LFram was something not realy necessary, I succeed at least to understand that use a modchip able to choose correctly when to pulse D0 on ground or not was a good choice on that console 1.6 version to guarantee their lifetimes. There is no TSOP on 1.6 and 1.6b, that is why I am, at least, forced to use modchip when I do not want softmod them. Maybe I will acquire a 1.1 from the end of 2002 (she is not a 1.2 I check timeline of console generation, she was produced few days before the change to 1.2)

I very aggree with you that the common thing between both console is the modchip. I follow the advise of Dave and I try to boot both console without modchip. The second succeed to boot but the first don't. I wait now for another xenium modchip. I will try another modchip until the shipment (the Aladin XT plus 2 on the one which can boot normally without chip). Do you know what happen if the second console didn't boot with the Aladin Modchip ? I supposed because the rebuild is not good, but why I was able to see the Cerbios logo before the green screen when I use the possibly broken xenium chip ? if the rebuild is bad, there nothing more that the frag isn't it ? there is no loading bios or animation ? I do not try already, but I will soon. I am thirsty of advice until that.

Again, thank you so much for your help.

Best regards and cheers

4 minutes ago, lopenator said:

he says dear hard modder who dislikes masturbating lmfao. you have me rolling dude 😂

I think keep the conversation funny was a good idea, especially when guys took free time to explain something to some games junkies.

(I really like cynism too because I can understand it, but I am sorry I do not know from where the joke of that sentence come. I admit I laugh start when I see that joke since more than a year now. Can you tell me from where that joke come ? Am I said direspect things to Dave ? If it is the case, truly know that I am very sorry.)

Thank you dear community for the help you provide to everybody.

42 minutes ago, lopenator said:

can you clarify which revision console booted without modchip and which one did not?

Hi again lopenator

Of course, both console are 1.6 revision.

The first one is the one which crashed while playing, and do not boot again with mod-chip or not.

The second is the one I modded just after the first crashed, she can boot without the mod-chip.

Tell me what else is unclear. I will do my best to be more pertinent.

Best regards and thank you again