OGXbox.com

Existence of 3D printed X3CP bank select buttons?

Bowlsnapper

I coulda sworn I heard about this in some thread that I can not locate. But I thought that there was a way to 3Dprint a bank select button for the X3CP. Is this true? Cuz I'm missing one. I want to buy one more X3 box plain and I have a CP for it. It's just missing a button. Any guidance you guys can offer?

PXL_20230615_080342370.jpg

I am sure there is a person in Canada selling 3D Resin printed buttons on Facebook and if that's the case I would get a set that way they all match.

If I remember the sellers name I will add it here

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ShinGoutetsu said:

Resin would be the preferred, remember that these buttons also light up so a solid colour filament wouldn't be ideal. 

You could try a clear pla or even tpu if you don't have a resin printer.

Okay. It's not my printer, of course, so I'll have to ask about it. Thank you for the tips. :) I'll save the files. You rock, dude!

• Like 1

Pour cast resin would be the best option for the buttons but that requires a master to then make silicon molds from.  

Then making new ones is just a matter of mixing a batch of resin and pouring them.  Granted to get a really pro job you need a vacuum pot to get the bubbles out of the mix, but there are a few resins out there that are better for bubbles and if you mix slowly, you can get away with not needing a vac pot.

How ever there is a mould option in Cura, never used it myself but it can turn you STL into a mould which you could then pour rubberised resin in.  

So many options to investigate 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, big F said:

Pour cast resin would be the best option for the buttons but that requires a master to then make silicon molds from.  

Then making new ones is just a matter of mixing a batch of resin and pouring them.  Granted to get a really pro job you need a vacuum pot to get the bubbles out of the mix, but there are a few resins out there that are better for bubbles and if you mix slowly, you can get away with not needing a vac pot.

How ever there is a mould option in Cura, never used it myself but it can turn you STL into a mould which you could then pour rubberised resin in.  

So many options to investigate 

Dang big f, you actually have some good advice to impart. I don't know if I've ever seen it before. Thank you for the info. I feel like I'm going to be spending all my money on this stuff, especially since I have no living costs right now...

• 6 months later...