OGXbox.com

[SOLVED] Xecuter3 x3cp wont register player 4

Slickaroo2

I have a xecuter3 xbox with the faceplate, and it won't register player 4. If I plug in a controller in port 4, it'll light up but no controls. I went ahead and plugged the controller ports directly to the motherboard and it fixed my problem. It has to do with the usb ports mod built in the xecuter3 faceplate. What could the issue be? Ill provide pics 

2 hours ago, Slickaroo2 said:

I have a xecuter3 xbox with the faceplate, and it won't register player 4. If I plug in a controller in port 4, it'll light up but no controls. I went ahead and plugged the controller ports directly to the motherboard and it fixed my problem. It has to do with the usb ports mod built in the xecuter3 faceplate. What could the issue be? Ill provide pics 

You're saying that you believe the PCB that splits off the C3CP USB connections has an issue? 

16 hours ago, Slickaroo2 said:

Tbh, the Xbox USB speed is so slow (it's USB 1.1) that you will be better off using other methods of data transfer anyway. So leaving them disconnected wouldn't be much of a problem.  

If you really need a USB connection then just get one of the adapters that plugs directly into the controller port and use that instead.  I have an X3CP and although my USB ports do work the only reason I ever use one is to power a small WiFi router..... .

1 hour ago, nikeymikey said:

Tbh, the Xbox USB speed is so slow (it's USB 1.1) that you will be better off using other methods of data transfer anyway. So leaving them disconnected wouldn't be much of a problem.  

If you really need a USB connection then just get one of the adapters that plugs directly into the controller port and use that instead.  I have an X3CP and although my USB ports do work the only reason I ever use one is to power a small WiFi router..... .

I've done it... but only to transfer small things like bios files, etc... There HAVE to be other uses for it though... aren't there? Coulda sworn...

4 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

I've done it... but only to transfer small things like bios files, etc... There HAVE to be other uses for it though... aren't there? Coulda sworn...

The main use for USB on an OG nowadays is to transfer softmod files from a usb stick for softmodding. In the OP's case as they have an X3CP I would imagine they will also have an X3 chip, so wont need to softmod. :) 

• Like 1

On 2/6/2024 at 8:09 PM, Slickaroo2 said:

Clean that PCB.  Edit1: Oh wait, it used to have a double-sided foam pad on it to hold it in place inside the console. Didn't it?

I don't think the solder bridge between the 3rd and 4th pins on the bottom right- left-hand side of that PCB is to be there.

Edit2: Reworded content. My other right - the left-hand side of the first picture.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

Clean that PCB.  Edit1: Oh wait, it used to have a double-sided foam pad on it to hold it in place inside the console. Didn't it?

I don't think the solder bridge between the 3rd and 4th pins on the bottom right- left-hand side of that PCB is to be there.

Edit2: Reworded content. My other right - the left-hand side of the first picture.

Okay. Ill try to desolder the bridge and see what happens 

On 2/8/2024 at 2:11 AM, KaosEngineer said:

I desoldered the bridge between the pins you were talking about. It worked! Fixed all my problems. Thank you so much!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• KaosEngineer changed the title to [SOLVED] Xecuter3 x3cp wont register player 4
  • KaosEngineer locked this topic