OGXbox.com

Error 13 on new cloned 2tb hdd

Silver

17 minutes ago, Silver said:

Error 16 after successful hdd clone. 2tb hdd cloned and locked using chimp.  Star tech adapter and 80 wire ode cable used for upgrade. What steps do I try to resolve the error? Any help welcomed.

If it was mine I would have TSOP flashed or Mod Chipped it.

I hope this helps

Error Code 16

Problem: Internal clock cannot be set.

Cause/Solution: This happens when the Xbox tries to boot to the stock dashboard in order to have you set the current date/time. but fails to load the menu. This happens if you:

• Just replaced the HDD and are missing your clock capacitor or left your Xbox unplugged for a few hours.

• Erased the Microsoft dashboard files (which contain the clock setting) and are missing your clock capacitor or left your Xbox unplugged for a few hours.

• Have a revision 1.6 Xbox and an old (before 2004) BIOS installed without a clock loop patch and are missing your clock capacitor.

To fix this, first try plugging in an Ethernet cable to connect your Xbox to your router. In some cases, the Xbox will update it's system clock via NTP. If that fails, try starting the Xbox with the Eject button instead of the power button in case it has a dual-boot configuration. If that fails and you have a modchip installed, boot into AID or Slayers and try installing the stock dashboard back on your HDD's C:\ partition. You can also hotswap your HDD with another Xbox to reinstall the Microsoft dashboard. After the Xbox boots up and is able to set the clock successfully, update your BIOS or softmod to a more recent version to avoid this in the future.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Silver changed the title to Error 13 on new cloned 2tb hdd

That's a totally different problem, It sound like not all the required files where copied from C and E drive. 

Also make sure the HDD is locked.

Error Code 13

Problem: Dashboard failed to launch due to missing/bad key, or anything else that would prevent it from running and the dashboard didn't specify why it failed.

Cause/Solution: This can be caused by a kernel version issue but is a lot less common in recent years. Make sure you're running the latest kernel. If you're using a softmod, make sure your dashboard and softmod files are installed correctly. It is recommended to use JCRocky5's Xbox Softmodding Tool as your softmod installer, if you're using something else currently.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

First obvious question: did you remember to switch the new HDD back from Slave to Master?

Error 13 almost inevitably evolves into error 16 unless the Xbox is kept plugged in. What I'm not sure is what happens in a case where the clock cap has been removed and you get an error 16. Anyone here know?

I hope you didn't unlock or do anything to the original softmodded HDD you cloned from. Was/is it the original IDE HDD? Whatever the case the obvious first thing to do is refit that and hope you're not greeted with a similar error.

It could be the HDD or the SATA adapter and I've had dodgy 80 wire IDE cables too causing problems so if the original HDD works you can be pretty sure that as long as the Chimp clone was good its something to do with one of those three things.

If you have  a spare SATA HDD trying cloning to that instead.

I did not switch any switches on the sata hdd. I did switch the star tech to slave when cloning and back to master after finishing. My original softmodded  hdd boots up and works flawlessly. I will be ordering a new ide cable and possibly another adapter. Hopefully these replacements will fix the issue. I do have another 2tb hdd to try but don't want to be out two hdds..

Edited by Silver

You should be able to unlock it the same way you locked it.

Did you Null the HDD key on the Xbox before you cloned it and have you got a copy of the EEprom from that Xbox saved on a different device?

If you haven't nulled the HDD don't do it yet.

Cheers

SS Dave

22 hours ago, Silver said:

Error 13 after successful hdd clone. 2tb hdd cloned and locked using chimp.  Star tech adapter and 80 wire ode cable used for upgrade. What steps do I try to resolve the error? Any help welcomed.

Did you change the IDE-to-SATA adapter's MASTER/SLAVE jumper back to MASTER after cloning?

Yes I did change it back to master after Cloning. Waiting for another ide cable and adapter to see if that resolves the issue. If not will try and unlock drive and redo the clone again. Already ftp'ed a copy of the EEprom from the original hdd over to my computer. Any suggestions or help welcomed.

5 hours ago, Silver said:

Unlocked 2tb drive and recloned. Results were the same as first try. Will try another drive and will try new cable and adapter.

What make and model of hard drive?

Cheers

SS Dave

1 hour ago, Silver said:

Seagate Baracuda 2TB Sata Hdd Model# ST2000DM008

That drive should be ok

When you are cloning the hard drive are you just cloning c and e drive from a stock hard drive or are you cloning the entire drive.

This is why I think a hard mod is a bucket load easier as you can leave the HDD unlocked and if you have a working large 2tb HDD you can use a standalone hard drive cloner to copy the entire drive.

Cheers

SS Dave

Maybe there is some files the Xbox needs on F drive because some one may have set a shortcut from C drive to load the dash from F drive, try cloning C, E, F drives

Cheers

SS Dave

I changed ide cable and was able to clone drive. Now the new problem. I tried to install app to F then G but can't.. Ftp into xbox and it also doesn't let me create any folders. Partition info:

E: 3,242.45

F:. 492,741.63

G: 949,989.81

Have repartition with Xpartitioner V 1.3 twice. Noticed ER (error) initially on F drive and repartitioned. Have tried this with 2 drives. Same results.

Edited by Silver

Try partitioning the drive with a smaller than maximum size ( around 924gb) for partition 6 and 7 then reboot the Xbox and then partition to maximum (927gb).

Cheers

SS Dave

I did what you said drive F worked and could save games to it but not G.. I had gotten theses 2 2 tb drives from facebook marketplace and was told they were ok.. I think there are issues with both of them. Going to order new drives from Amazon. Cheaper is not usually better.. Thanks for all your help SSDave!

On 4/16/2021 at 7:26 PM, Silver said:

I changed ide cable and was able to clone drive. Now the new problem. I tried to install app to F then G but can't.. Ftp into xbox and it also doesn't let me create any folders. Partition info:

Have repartition with Xpartitioner V 1.3 twice. Noticed ER (error) initially on F drive and repartitioned. Have tried this with 2 drives. Same results.

Which softmod package is installed?

When you run XBPartitioner v1.3, what LBA48 version is displayed in the upper left-hand box of the main screen?

On 4/17/2021 at 10:26 AM, Silver said:

Open Xbpartitioner

Highlight partition

Press B

Now use the Dpad right to reduce to 925.78gb

Press Dpad down to highlight partition 7

Use the Dpad right to set 925.78gb

Now press start to format

when it finishes power off the Xbox and power on again (This set is very important)

Load Xbpartitioner and highlight partition 6 and using the Dpad set to 927.78

Dpad down and the using the Dpad set to 927.78 and then press Start to format.

Power cycle the Xbox.

You should now have full access to F and G drives

Cheers

SS Dave