OGXbox.com

Updated Xbox repair guide 2.1

Kris

Hello, my name is Kris and I wrote the Xbox repair guide 2.1 around 17 years ago. I have thought about updating it (my grammar was atrocious!) and wanted to get feedback from OG Xbox fans. On top of the grammar, I wanted to reshoot the videos and pictures to today's standards. I also saw the suggestion for a PDF version, so that's gonna go on the list. Any other suggestions? 

There's a lot I have missed since getting out of gaming so any help would be appreciated.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Kris said:

Hello, my name is Kris and I wrote the Xbox repair guide 2.1 around 17 years ago. I have thought about updating it (my grammar was atrocious!) and wanted to get feedback from OG Xbox fans. On top of the grammar, I wanted to reshoot the videos and pictures to today's standards. I also saw the suggestion for a PDF version, so that's gonna go on the list. Any other suggestions? 

There's a lot I have missed since getting out of gaming so any help would be appreciated.

Is it this one?

if it is I have not read it but I have down loaded a copy to have a look and get back to you.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

11 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

Is it this one?

if it is I have not read it but I have down loaded a copy to have a look and get back to you.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

That's the one! You can also find it at http://www.rollmanit.com/xrg

I am going to first copy it over to a WordPress site, it was originally made using frontpage and then compiled into an exe format. I thought I lost the source files but found an old archive recently, which renewed my interest in it.

Awesome stuff!

always great to have authoritative compilations of knowledge! It certainly leads to less hunting around the web for bits of info.

if you’re feeling ambitious you could even document when misinformation has got spread about and help stamp it out with some nice citations!

(I’m guilty of a bit of that too, so eager to help and end up repeating bad info that I’ve heard)

thanks for your original version - and good luck with the update!

don’t forget the wayback machine for some of those citation links!

:)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
On 5/16/2023 at 12:25 PM, BroerWolf said:

Got the same message. Says you need to make 15 posts on the forums first before you can download it ..

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xnv9AMEKaQKbx4rT_25yNicUhULxJT0b/view?usp=drivesdk

Above link is the repair guide.

I believe this would help everybody, including new members, So I would like to provide it. Admin, if you're not cool with this, let me know, okay?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1