OGXbox.com

OGXBox Installer 2021

sweetdarkdestiny

10 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

I had never a probelm with them and as far as I know no other user had problems with them. The TXT open ful screen but they should not going bigger as the screen is. And you HDD or the content on it has nothing to do with it.

Do you want me to try and replicate, and maybe catch on video? Or we should assume it is just me who had the problem (past tense) so not worth the time?

On 4/25/2021 at 12:09 PM, wisnoskij said:

I assume this is a known issue, but the readme files do not work right unless the disc is already installed.

Before it installed everything to my hdd, the text viewer spilled out well past the edges of the screen, but now with everything installed, it is centered and width-ed perfectly. I do not know how hdd contents could effect this like this, but I opened and read many of these text files pre-installation (over many restarts) and every single one was effected by it and then 30 minutes latter they all were not.

Is this what you mean

250885227_Textonthescreen.jpg.e5f0c01b04f1e0db7ae05bfa1a5d53a6.jpg

OGXBox installer 2021 1.5.3

Version 1.6

Wii2Hdmi internal

New blank Hard drive 

19 inch LCD

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Hmmm....

If it would be a 5:4 monitor I would say it's the skin. I testet it on my 2 TV's and on my monitor and don't have that problem (one or 2 pixel but thats it). If I where Apple I would say "You just look at it wrong" but sadly, I'm not Apple.

But when I look at your pic above, could it be possible that the "overscan" of the TV is set a little wide? I realy don't know how I can adjust the size with the skin (guess that's not even possible?). I could try to set the ratio for the skin to something like 640 x 480 and see if that would fix the problem (but maybe it would strech things out then, I need to test that). Maybe it could also be a problem with the settings in the MS Dash (Wide / 16:9 / 5:4) which are set wrong?

I mean, if there is only a half letter missing which can be read without a problem, it shouldn't be a huge deal right?

One thing I could do, IF I'm realy realy bored is, I can add one or two empty sings in front of each row but I would not hold my breath for it tbh.

Edited by sweetdarkdestiny

9 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Hmmm....

If it would be a 5:4 monitor I would say it's the skin. I testet it on my 2 TV's and on my monitor and don't have that problem (one or 2 pixel but thats it). If I where Apple I would say "You just look at it wrong" but sadly, I'm not Apple.

But when I look at your pic above, could it be possible that the "overscan" of the TV is set a little wide? I realy don't know how I can adjust the size with the skin (guess that's not even possible?). I could try to set the ratio for the skin to something like 640 x 480 and see if that would fix the problem (but maybe it would strech things out then, I need to test that). Maybe it could also be a problem with the settings in the MS Dash (Wide / 16:9 / 5:4) which are set wrong?

I mean, if there is only a half letter missing which can be read without a problem, it shouldn't be a huge deal right?

One thing I could do, IF I'm realy realy bored is, I can add one or two empty sings in front of each row but I would not hold my breath for it tbh.

It is not worth fixing as who read manuals and the like any way.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

4 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

It is not worth fixing as who read manuals and the like any way.

We had that topic already. And some ppl. do read those (which makes my work not totaly useless). 

How ever, I don't think that's a bug at all, it's more like a bad calibrated screen which can be changed in the menu 7.1 (Totaly forgot that Unleash offers the option to do so). So I'm not going to make changes to the read me's, skin ect..

These updates, dlcs, and patches. It just extracts them and then I need to run them, correct?
And does it matter in what order, if a game has say a 720p patch and a DLC, and a update?
Will the game need to have been played for the patches to be applied? Is thier any way to unpatch if it produces undesirable results?

Can I install the 720p patches and then still use a Composite Video that cannot handle that resolution? (component cable in mail)

On 4/25/2021 at 11:50 PM, sweetdarkdestiny said:

What cable do you use for your XBox?

composite cable

On 4/26/2021 at 5:56 AM, SS_Dave said:

Is this what you mean

Yes, but it covered much more of teh text than that.

I am wondering if maybe the video calibration I did on the installed dashboard was what fixed it.

1 hour ago, wisnoskij said:

Yes, but it covered much more of the text than that.

I am wondering if maybe the video calibration I did on the installed dashboard was what fixed it.

The screen calibration would have fixed it.

Cheers

SS Dave

11 hours ago, wisnoskij said:

These updates, dlcs, and patches. It just extracts them and then I need to run them, correct?

Thats right.

And does it matter in what order, if a game has say a 720p patch and a DLC, and a update?
Will the game need to have been played for the patches to be applied? Is thier any way to unpatch if it produces undesirable results?

Not to sure here. I would start with the update and then install the DLC. The 720p patches are "hacked" original game XBE's. If they work with updates or if they need the base game without them, is a thing you have to find out on your own (Also depends on if the original xbe will be replaced). I haven't made them so can't tell. I would guess that the DLC isn't a problem but maybe the update.

You can make a backup of your folders. If something goes worng, simply restore your backup folder. Thats what I would do.

Can I install the 720p patches and then still use a Composite Video that cannot handle that resolution? (component cable in mail)

Backup your game folder and test it out. Like I wrote, I didn't have made them. I have just put toghter all DLC, Patches and Updates which I have found in the EvilWeb and put them on this disc.

8 hours ago, wisnoskij said:

Like Dave already wrote, that is what fixed it. You can also calibrate the installer screen in the menu 7 (7.1). And it's not realy a bug of the installer. It's more a bad calibrated TV (at least in my opinion).

On 4/29/2021 at 2:31 AM, wisnoskij said:

Without the component cable the Xbox will be in SD mode so 480i and maybe 480p

Is the Xbox set to NTSC?

Have you set widescreen in the MS dash?

Cheers

SS Dave

2 hours ago, wisnoskij said:

Is there some specific setup I need for the wide and hdd fixes? all the ones I tried just errored instantly, with no indication of what the error was.

Again, it is on you to find that out. I am not the coder of any of these patches/DLC packs/fixes. And since I'm not realy a Gamer, I don't have used any of em. I just collected them and packed them all in one installer for convenience.

The only thing I can tell is that all of them are work (in one way ot the other) because they are from trusty well known sources. You also have to understand one little thing, to use hacked patches/hacked DLC's is sometimes work. Install one game, use 1 patch and see what happens. Try the next. Didn't work? Start from scratch with patch/hack/dlc 2 first. After that repeat till you know what work in which order and in which combination. If a hack or patch didn't work but you have a DLC for it, play the DLC without the Hack/Patch. And don't expect that all patches and hacks are playing nice with each other.

And one thing more. The most patches are for NTSC games and they will not work for PAL games (Just saying in case you try to use them on pal games).

And like Dave wrote, your XBox has to be set to NTSC (Use the enigma switcher if needed) and you have to enable 480p and 720p in the MS Dashboard. And ofc you should enable 16:9 or Widescreen depending on your personal setup. And for all that you should have a RGB scart cable, a component cable or a some sort of HDMI solution (Wii2XBox, MakeMHz, n64 freak's HDMI, Pount HDMI ect.). I'm not sure here but I would think if you don't have the proper cable, you would end up with a black screen. So if I were you, I would wait till you have the right cable/Adapter.

3 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

And like Dave wrote, your XBox has to be set to NTSC (Use the enigma switcher if needed) and you have to enable 480p and 720p in the MS Dashboard. And ofc you should enable 16:9 or Widescreen depending on your personal setup. And for all that you should have a RGB scart cable, a component cable or a some sort of HDMI solution (Wii2XBox, MakeMHz, n64 freak's HDMI, Pount HDMI ect.). I'm not sure here but I would think if you don't have the proper cable, you would end up with a black screen. So if I were you, I would wait till you have the right cable/Adapter.

The way I see it is

I would think you would be more likely to get a black screen if you have forced the game to 720p as the game would look at the AV settings and adjust the output accordingly

Cheers

SS Dave

After a quick look I would guess that you have to decide for one patch. For example the HDD patch (there are not that much at all). After that you would need to google the needed HEX values to patch (Hex edit) the default.xbe your self to 720p. And if you have a DLC you would also need to find the offsets. Reason is, if you look at the DLC, 720p Patch and the HDD Fix, all replace the default.xbe. Which meens you would need to find and combine all the changes on your own and pray that it will work.

I never saw a "HDD fix + 720p + DLC default.xbe" or "720p + DLC default.xbe". It is possible that those are out there somewhere but I don't have one. And I'm not going to try to make those. That would be somthing you have to make (try) on your own, not at least because I personaly are not much interested in these patches, DLC's or HDD fixes and I know that it is horrible work to make them, at least from my point of view (Pretty sure the spelling here is wrong so I hope you get the point).

I'm back...I have got the dvd to boot now, but only with an 13+ year old modded hard drive. The installation disc doesn't boot if I start the xbox with the new hard drive installed. How to solve? Can boot the disc with the old drive and somehow hot install the new drive and format? 

Thanks!

On 5/6/2021 at 5:56 PM, fillilutten said:

I'm back...I have got the dvd to boot now, but only with an 13+ year old modded hard drive. The installation disc doesn't boot if I start the xbox with the new hard drive installed. How to solve? Can boot the disc with the old drive and somehow hot install the new drive and format? 

Thanks!

On 5/6/2021 at 6:55 PM, fillilutten said:

Tried to run "3.1.2 AiO Setup a new large HDD" after swap to the new HDD. But it just seemed to get stuck on Formatting C

A hot swap will probably not work. Have you set the jumper on your new HDD right? They should be set to master (In some cases cable select). And what happend when you boot your XBox with the new HDD?

On 5/7/2021 at 1:56 AM, fillilutten said:

Thanks!

Are you sure the Xbox is hard modded?

It sounds like it may be soft modded.

Cheers

SS Dave

8 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

A hot swap will probably not work. Have you set the jumper on your new HDD right? They should be set to master (In some cases cable select). And what happend when you boot your XBox with the new HDD?

I installed a different BIOS (xecuter) and that got it running using your disc. Finally! Everything runs perfect now. Huge thanks for all your help. I want to use M8 plus BIOS again though because of faster boot, can I just boot your disc again and flash that BIOS or is that going to break something?

A wise man said "Never touch a running system". If the xecuter offers everything you need, stick with it. But in case you will try, you should have a backup plan because, if you flash a bios it can always render your xbox useless. And you could edit the X2 ini to skip the animation on boot which would speed up the boot process a bit.