Jump to content
OGXbox.com

Blank Screen After Boot


TriniGamerENT
 Share

Recommended Posts

Sound like you have flashed a bios for an 1.6? From where you got the bios file?

If it's a 1.6 bios file only a modchip can help you to fix that. And only a Xenium, Xecuter, Aladdin Xblast and Xblast mod chips (if i'm right here) are able to flash a bad TSOP but with an normal  Aladdin or LPC2 mod chip you could use your xbox again (but you would not be able to restore the TSOP with these chips).  If you need a chip (in case it was a 1.6 bios) you should aim for an Xenium or Aladdin Xblast. Both aren't that expensive.

But again, from where is the bios and how have you falshed it? (I see you run out of posts as new member so PM me, in case of)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Where did the BIOS file come from?

Flashing orange is normally a over tempure thing with a solid orange led is set by the BIOS or software.

Have you tried to power on the Xbox with the install disk in the DVD drive.

 

Cheers

SS Dave


Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Sound like you have flashed a bios for an 1.6? From where you got the bios file?

If it's a 1.6 bios file only a modchip can help you to fix that. And only a Xenium, Xecuter, Aladdin Xblast and Xblast mod chips (if i'm right here) are able to flash a bad TSOP but with an normal  Aladdin or LPC2 mod chip you could use your xbox again (but you would not be able to restore the TSOP with these chips).  If you need a chip (in case it was a 1.6 bios) you should aim for an Xenium or Aladdin Xblast. Both aren't that expensive.

But again, from where is the bios and how have you falshed it? (I see you run out of posts as new member so PM me, in case of)

Raincoat after someone suggested it because I want to slim the Xbox. First time and I have failed. Will Open Xenium chips work? I can’t seem to find the original one. I am from the Caribbean so the conversion rate is high. 8TT to 1US

3 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

Where did the BIOS file come from?

Flashing orange is normally a over tempure thing with a solid orange led is set by the BIOS or software.

Have you tried to power on the Xbox with the install disk in the DVD drive.

 

Cheers

SS Dave


Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

It’s a solid orange. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/20/2020 at 7:47 AM, TriniGamerENT said:

Greetings!

I used the evox_m8+67-NO-DVD.bin bios to flash my xbox and now when I boot there's a blank

screen and the dvd drive light is orange. What to do to fix that? I have a version 1.0 xbox.

Thank for any assistance.

i just recently had a problem where a xbox i was softmoding would go blank at certain times. the fix for it was that i changed the a/v connection to the yellow, red, and white cables. the weird resolutions don't work so well with component/hdmi cables alot of the times. try that to finish the set up and then u can go back to high def cables.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/20/2020 at 1:17 PM, SS_Dave said:

Do you have a working DVD drive?

And what hard drive have you got

Was the Xbox softmodded before?

 

Cheers

SS Dave


Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

No it wasn’t. I softmodded then TSOP’d. The dvd drive stopped reading discs and I was told to use the aforementioned bios to fix it but it just boots to blue Xbox logo without any flabbergasted animation and pops to a blank screen. Sorry for the late reply. Covid-19 hit my family last week so I have been busy. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/25/2020 at 6:15 AM, bulkchart32 said:

i just recently had a problem where a xbox i was softmoding would go blank at certain times. the fix for it was that i changed the a/v connection to the yellow, red, and white cables. the weird resolutions don't work so well with component/hdmi cables alot of the times. try that to finish the set up and then u can go back to high def cables.

Where I am from not many people bought the original Xbox. My country is a PlayStation country sad to say. So the only cables I got with the Xbox are the ones that connect to the coaxial port on the tv. It really expensive right now to get high quality cables due to the pandemic raising prices of everything especially imports of minor electronic items. But hopefully I will get a hdmi adapter for internal by MakeHRz (hope I spelled that correctly) so I can use an hdmi output. 
 

Still love to mod though although it’s getting harder with the shit that’s going on in my country. 
 

Thanks for the information...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/20/2020 at 7:47 AM, TriniGamerENT said:

Greetings!

I used the evox_m8+67-NO-DVD.bin bios to flash my xbox and now when I boot there's a blank

screen and the dvd drive light is orange. What to do to fix that? I have a version 1.0 xbox.

Thank for any assistance.

The console was previously softmodded. You need to boot Hexen 2018 and use the menu option 3.5.2 to clean the softmod from the C drive.  More often than not, the softmod does not work with a modified BIOS booting from a TSOP or modchip.

Note: If you have any other dashboards/apps installed on the C drive, back them up via FTP before using that option.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

The console was previously softmodded. You need to boot Hexen 2018 and use the menu option 3.5.2 to clean the softmod from the C drive.  More often than not, the softmod does not work with a modified BIOS booting from a TSOP or modchip.

Note: If you have any other dashboards/apps installed on the C drive, back them up via FTP before using that option.

Tried but the dvd drive isn’t reading anything...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TriniGamerENT said:

Tried but the dvd drive isn’t reading anything...

Use C-Xbox Tool or Qwix to extract HeXEn 2018's StockFiles/E/HexIns folder/content to your PC then upload using an FTP client to the Xbox's E drive. Next, in UnleashX's File Explorer browse to the uploaded folder's content and run root.xbe to use it.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

Use C-Xbox Tool or Qwix to extract HeXEn 2018's StockFiles/E/HexIns content to your PC then upload using an FTP client to the Xbox's E drive. Next, in UnleashX's File Explorer browse to the uploaded folder's content and run root.xbe to use it.  

Will try when I get home from work later. Thanks for the information. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, KaosEngineer said:

Use C-Xbox Tool or Qwix to extract HeXEn 2018's StockFiles/E/HexIns folder/content to your PC then upload using an FTP client to the Xbox's E drive. Next, in UnleashX's File Explorer browse to the uploaded folder's content and run root.xbe to use it.  

how is he suppose to do that if his screen is blank? also, is it possible that he flashed a bios to a sharp chip that was made for a winbond chip or vice versa?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/20/2020 at 12:04 PM, TriniGamerENT said:

Raincoat after someone suggested it because I want to slim the Xbox. First time and I have failed. Will Open Xenium chips work? I can’t seem to find the original one. I am from the Caribbean so the conversion rate is high. 8TT to 1US

It’s a solid orange. 

the open xenuim chip is probably one of the best available right now. i'd recommend that chip if u can get it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

H

10 hours ago, bulkchart32 said:

how is he suppose to do that if his screen is blank? also, is it possible that he flashed a bios to a sharp chip that was made for a winbond chip or vice versa?

Oops.  You are right, the replacement dashboard needs to be running to be able to FTP to the console.

Add the files (HexIns folder) to the E folder provided by XboxHDM23USB, run it by starting xboxhd.bat with Windows File Explorer. Use the menu to unlock the hard drive then Launch xboxdhm but key in - xbrowser - not xboxhd when prompted so you can copy the files to an unlocked HDD.  You need to have the backup of the configuration EEPROM file - eeprom.bin - so you can unlock the hard drive if you had not removed the locking password.

Xbox HDD connected to a PC via a compatible USB-to-HDD interface adapter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It' a EvoxM8 and will be fine on a winbond, my bet is the old softmod is not playing nice with the TSOP flash and he has a dud DVD drive or a poorly made (fast burned) install disk.

 

Cheers

SS Dave


Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Similar Content

    • By Absolucy
      I have a 1.0 Xbox I got from Goodwill online. It smells like a smoker crawled inside it and died, and I ended up accidentally tearing off the alt d0 pad , but got someone to repair it. However, it still does not boot, as it FRAGs instead. Can't figure out what is wrong - tons of pictures attached below.
      Things I've tried:
      Known-good PSU Booting WITH modchip + grounded d0 Booting without modchip or grounded D0 Swapping capacitors with good capacitors from a 1.1 Swapping the TSOP for one from a 1.1 Cleaning the board with IPA (multiple times) If any closer pictures are needed of any part, tell me.

    • By Daefledar
      I have this 1.4 Xbox that I've been tinkering with trying to being it back to life.  I have plenty of other MBs so this has been more of a journey project more than the need to have a working board.
      The board initially would flash red.
      I took out the eeprom and it wouldn't read stable.  I replaced it with a new chip and flashed it with a few different images finally settling on an image of another 1.4 that works.
      It now boots to a black image with a solid green light no fraging.
      So I ripped out the tsop and it also is awful, it has a few hundred unstable bits.  So I decided to just install a modchip.  Installed an openxenium and was able to boot into xeniumos!  There was horrible diagonal lines that looked like interferance that would progressively get worse until there was major graphical glitches.  I saw power issues could cause problems so I replaced the power caps below the CPU.  Problem persisted.  Replaced the powersupply, everything looks clean. 
      Flashed M8+ onto the Modchip go to load it and the screen goes blank.  
      Any ideas for things to try would be appreciated.
       
      Thank you
       


    • By Invasione
      Hi, I need some help please. After the death of my beloved xbox v1.0 I decided to get a new one, I get a 2002 with motherboard V1.1 and Aladdin XT installed. The console starts and switches off 2 times and then boots normally. By holding down the power button for a few seconds I was sometimes able to start the change. I thought it was faulty and ordered another brand new Aladdin xt plus 2(fake).

      i notice my old owner had soldered the pins out the mod directly on aladdin main and wired the wires H0 L1 BT D0.
      it seemed strange to me that it did not use the socket available on the small aladdin board. I then cleaned everything, removed the welds and tried the main and to my amazement it does not start and always cycles on off and then remains on without an image and the LED flashes red.

      I mount the chip and send D0 to ground and the console magically starts at the first shot without starting the mod, although I set the BT to ground to always leave the mod ON. why does he behave like this?
      I checked the pins and everything seems okay, the soldering too. I guess it's a motherboard problem right? can you help me please, I really want to make it work again.

      grazie mille

      Pietro

Board Life Status


Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.