Michael McBride

Can XBoX Games Be Read In Rar Format or Do They Need To Be Iso Format In Order To Transfered Over By QwiX?

Can XBOX games be read in RAR format or do they need to be  ISO format in order to transfer over by QWIX?

OR can they be transfered over in another way to FTP and keep in RAR format and the XBOX can read it?

Qwix is used to FTP the files in an XISO format dot iso file to the Xbox without first having to extract them from the ISO file.

Softmodded consoles can play games by mounting the XISO dot iso file using NKPatcher's driveimageutils attach application.  To the Xbox, the mounted disc image acts just like having the DVD disc loaded into the DVD drive.

Hard modded consoles can also mount disc images but the hooks to do so have to be added to the kernel just like softmod do.  There are a limited number of modified/hacked BIOSes supported. 

All original MS BIOSes are supported with a softmodded console.

Not all archives you find online contain an XISO format disc image (dot iso file).  some are already pre-extracted ready to FTP to a subfolder in the Xbox's Games folder.  Other's are archival dumps, so called ReDump disc images - these disc images have been posted by others that have matching hashes of a properly archived disc.  Redump.org maintains a database of which disc and the hash values of the properly archived data, not the disc image itself. These Redump disc images are exact duplicates of the original Xbox dual-layer DVD.

20 minutes ago, Hellraiser988 said:

I wouldn't see how it can read a rare file even a PC can't without extracting it

Most of the emulators can read zipped files it just depends what you zipped them with.

Edited by Ging3rguy

11 hours ago, Ging3rguy said:

Most of the emulators can read zipped files it just depends what you zipped them with.

Yes most emulators can but I would rather unzip it and have it 100% work then leave it zipped then find out the emulator won't recognize it

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Jaggsy1986
      I've done the softmod with rocky5 and changed to NTSC in nk patcher and everythings good with componant cable picture wise in dashboard. I've tried launching tiger woods 2004 pal game via disc and just get blank screen ? is there a specific setup in the video options to get pal games to work once you change to NTSC ?
    • By Maladin
      I just filled up my F: drive with # - Q games in a folder called "Games" and started R-Z in the G: drive and a folder called "Games". I can see them in XBMC4G but the list is R-Z then #-Q even if I use ascending order. What am I doing wrong?
    • By GoTeamScotch
      I recently acquired a Development Kit (DVT4) and decided to take some high-quality photos of the daughter boards from this console. They're pretty rare and obscure and I wanted to take some good photos for preservation's sake. I'm going to get a Raptor PCI card soon, so I'll add photos of that too later.

More info-
      These boards were in development kits and consisted of two parts:
      DVD emulation board. When paired with a Please login or register to see this link. installed into a computer, it allows a developer to master a game disc before sending a final copy to Microsoft for review, and later into production. This allowed them to test loading scenarios and figure out where certain files for the game should be physically located on a disc in order to reduce load times. When loading a level for a game, for example, all the files needed for that level could be grouped together on the disc to reduce the amount of skipping around the laser needed to do, which decreases load times. There is also a USB port on this card. While it uses a USB connector, it's actually a JVS port. This was used for hooking up arcade sticks and special components built for Please login or register to see this link. , which is based on the Xbox's motherboard. Serial debugging port This allows a developer to get debugging information from the Xbox to see how their code is behaving on real hardware. When writing software, it's useful to see technical info about when and how a bug happens in order to fix it. This board connects to a PC's serial port to read diagnostic info from the console in real time. More info: Please login or register to see this link.

Photos taken with a Canon 5D Mark iii, touched up in Lightroom.
      Link to photo album (includes high-res copies of the photos below): Please login or register to see this link.

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.