Jump to content

Questions and Other Stuff


Rocky5
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Rocky5 pinned and unlocked this topic
  • 7 months later...
10 hours ago, mikeaton said:

you dont

not sure if this is an "anti-coinops" post

but you can add it to the ui in the menu start button brings up.

i believe its in 'ui settings' there are 3 custom icons you can add.

it needs to know 3 things.

where is the default.xbe, where is the icon.png. and fanart. coinops has enough art from stock to make it look fairly good. you can also source your own. really simple.

i used this same process to add CPX3 to the main menu. and also a stock installation of XBMC instead of booting from file manager.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, wikati said:

not sure if this is an "anti-coinops" post

but you can add it to the ui in the menu start button brings up.

i believe its in 'ui settings' there are 3 custom icons you can add.

it needs to know 3 things.

where is the default.xbe, where is the icon.png. and fanart. coinops has enough art from stock to make it look fairly good. you can also source your own. really simple.

i used this same process to add CPX3 to the main menu. and also a stock installation of XBMC instead of booting from file manager.

well coin ops does look horrible

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 months later...

Hi, I'm very new at the Xbox Scene so apologizes for my noob questions.

I would like to know how to use the Mame emulator, I downloaded Mameoxtras V2 and added the files to the Mame folder on .emustation > emulators > mame, and then added some roms for it on  .emustation > roms > mame, however when selecting the Mame logo on the XBMC Emulator it only loads the MameoXtras V2 menu, and won't show any rom. What am I doing wrong?

And my other question is, where should I put the Xbox games? I have some on the F:/Games/ folder, but every time I try to scan for Xbox games on XBMC-Emustation, I get a "create_rom_lists.py" failed error.

I'm pretty sure all these are things I'm not doing properly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, MrJaggerson said:

Hi, I'm very new at the Xbox Scene so apologizes for my noob questions.

I would like to know how to use the Mame emulator, I downloaded Mameoxtras V2 and added the files to the Mame folder on .emustation > emulators > mame, and then added some roms for it on  .emustation > roms > mame, however when selecting the Mame logo on the XBMC Emulator it only loads the MameoXtras V2 menu, and won't show any rom. What am I doing wrong?

And my other question is, where should I put the Xbox games? I have some on the F:/Games/ folder, but every time I try to scan for Xbox games on XBMC-Emustation, I get a "create_rom_lists.py" failed error.

I'm pretty sure all these are things I'm not doing properly.

Use the built in downloader and download mameoxtra. Now add your roms ( you already have ) now scan in mame.

 

it will always load mame as that emulator doesn’t support the command line launching of roms.

send me the xbmc,log (Q:\system\xbmc.log) after you try scanning in Xbox games. Do not restart or the log is cleaned.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 28/9/2018 at 3:47 PM, Rocky5 said:

Use the built in downloader and download mameoxtra. Now add your roms ( you already have ) now scan in mame.

 

it will always load mame as that emulator doesn’t support the command line launching of roms.

send me the xbmc,log (Q:\system\xbmc.log) after you try scanning in Xbox games. Do not restart or the log is cleaned.

Thanks for your reply, that indeed fixed my problem with the Mame emulator.

If it helps, here are the steps I followed (for the "create_rom_lists.py" message):

1. Downloaded the XBMC-Emustation master from the GitHub page and unzipped it.
2. Downloaded the XBMC 3.5.3 and placed it on the XBMC-Emustation Master folder 
3. Built the XBMC-Emustation folder using the "Build XBMC-Emustation.bat" file
4. Transter the XBMC-Emustation folder to the F:/Applications/ folder on my Xbox Hard Drive

 - At this point when I open the XBMC-Emustation on the Xbox and I press start, the Start Menu says "XBMC-Emustation 0.0.000" at the bottom.

42870577_341263273291792_6063936021664366592_n.thumb.jpg.c6c71e1d21076b441f9359b4343d0c92.jpg

5. Go to XBMC Options > Downloader and download the URLDownloader.zip 
6. Select Updates and "Download: XBMC-Emustation Stable Update V1.1.040 and wait for it to download and finish installing.

 - At this point, opening the Start Menu will display "XBMC-Emustation 1.1.040"

42769451_1396329570497982_2506886842041761792_n.jpg.4e950ef0a0bee57beaecc33c394b813c.jpg


8. On the Start Menu, select Other Settings > Update Selected Filters > Xbox (doesn't matter if you select yes or no on these options) and the error occurs.

Here's the xbmc log: xbmc.log

Edited by MrJaggerson
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, MrJaggerson said:

Thanks for your reply, that indeed fixed my problem with the Mame emulator.

If it helps, here are the steps I followed (for the "create_rom_lists.py" message):

1. Downloaded the XBMC-Emustation master from the GitHub page and unzipped it.
2. Downloaded the XBMC 3.5.3 and placed it on the XBMC-Emustation Master folder 
3. Built the XBMC-Emustation folder using the "Build XBMC-Emustation.bat" file
4. Transter the XBMC-Emustation folder to the F:/Applications/ folder on my Xbox Hard Drive

 - At this point when I open the XBMC-Emustation on the Xbox and I press start, the Start Menu says "XBMC-Emustation 0.0.000" at the bottom.

42870577_341263273291792_6063936021664366592_n.thumb.jpg.c6c71e1d21076b441f9359b4343d0c92.jpg

5. Go to XBMC Options > Downloader and download the URLDownloader.zip 
6. Select Updates and "Download: XBMC-Emustation Stable Update V1.1.040 and wait for it to download and finish installing.

 - At this point, opening the Start Menu will display "XBMC-Emustation 1.1.040"

42769451_1396329570497982_2506886842041761792_n.jpg.4e950ef0a0bee57beaecc33c394b813c.jpg


8. On the Start Menu, select Other Settings > Update Selected Filters > Xbox (doesn't matter if you select yes or no on these options) and the error occurs.

Here's the xbmc log: xbmc.log

The issues is it can’t find the Xbox media folder. I group Xbox artwork into alphabetical folders and it’s failing to find the folder. So it must be an issues with one of your game xbe files. 

( it uses the games first letter of its title, if the title is none existent or malformed it should fall back to the folder name )

I will send you a new create_rom_lists.py that will list the games so we can find the culprit. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

After comparing the behavior with other xboxes, I noticed that I had another "Games" folder on the E: partition, after deleting it, my problem was fixed.

However, I've stumbled on another problem, now with N64 roms.

I have placed the roms on the F: > Applications > XBMC-Emustation > .emustation > roms > n64 folder

Then I downloaded the Nintendo 64 (Surreal64) emulator from the in built Downloader, after that, I tried scanning for roms, but I got the "create_rom_lists.py" error again.

This one I was able to reproduce in all my Xboxes.

Here's the log file.

xbmc.log

Editting to add that this happens with both zipped and unzipped roms

How should I put the n64 roms? or for what filetypes is the script looking for?

Edited by MrJaggerson
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Rocky5 said:

I only support 1 set of roms. The Earthwormjames 188 rom compilation. 

N64 is shite on the Xbox and that guy done a lot of work getting that comp up and running as best as it can. ( you only need the roms from it )

Got it! 

It was hard to find now that the site is gone, but it is possible if you use the magic of cache.

Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Kekule said:

what to help out and point us? I still havent found it.

First you need to find the link to the original thread on the dead site, which you can find if you search "Surreal xxx roms lagging" on google, first result, first answer.

Save that link, then paste it on Yandex (google won't show any results from this site anymore), you should get it at your first result, open it cached (click the green arrow)


And the rest should be pretty straighforward.

I don't think this method will last long, so treasure that romset.

Edited by MrJaggerson
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

thanks, that worked! I couldnt find any place that still had the cache... and I had to use microsft edge to get the filedrop link to open, with chrome it just kept trying to get me to install extensions.

part 1  part 2 part 3

did you find a cache for the add on pack, yandex doesnt seem to have the cache for that link 

http://www.theisozone.com/downloads/xbox/emulators/nemesiss-groovy-surreal64-add-on-pack/

Edited by Kekule
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Phillipe Legenda said:

Guys I have a PC Engine (and most likely psx as well) question.
So far i've only added 1 rom to the pce emulator for testing purposes (rondo of blood), since it is a bin/cue format it appears twice in the library; 
What should i do for it to appear as only 1 entry?

kind regards!,

WhatsApp Image 2018-10-07 at 1.15.48 PM.jpeg

Use the pce-cd folder instead for cd based games. It will only parse CUE files. So you won’t get double entries. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
On 10/5/2018 at 5:50 AM, Kekule said:

thanks, that worked! I couldnt find any place that still had the cache... and I had to use microsft edge to get the filedrop link to open, with chrome it just kept trying to get me to install extensions.

part 1  part 2 part 3

did you find a cache for the add on pack, yandex doesnt seem to have the cache for that link 

http://www.theisozone.com/downloads/xbox/emulators/nemesiss-groovy-surreal64-add-on-pack/

I'm a tad late, your links don't work anymore. Can't find the cached site on yandex either. Anyone have an idea of a current source?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/26/2018 at 7:27 AM, TheOnlyTrail said:

I'm a tad late, your links don't work anymore. Can't find the cached site on yandex either. Anyone have an idea of a current source?

that sucks.... just moved so my pc isnt hooked up yet.. should be any day now.... I have them on there. ask me in a few days.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2018 at 7:44 PM, Rocky5 said:

I only support 1 set of roms. The Earthwormjames 188 rom compilation. 

N64 is shite on the Xbox and that guy done a lot of work getting that comp up and running as best as it can. ( you only need the roms from it )

Hi Rocky5,

I have EWJ's ROMS. They scan in fine but when I select a ROM to play I get a black screen and the XBOX freezes and have to manually power off and on the console again.

This is with your latest emustation version 1.2.. and latest download for the madmab dowloader page.

I went into the N64 folder under emulators and tried to launch default.xbe to see if it would launch and I get the same problem.. Black screen frozen console.

Wondering if there is something that needs to be configured in the Surreal emulator folder. I know the .ini file is good.

Thanks in Advance! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had this problem with a few roms, mainly Goldeneye.  I opened the emulator through file manager and changed the settings for the games that didn't work.  After changing the settings for each non working game they functioned perfectly.  Here's a link to a page that lists the settings to try if a rom isn't working.

http://sprinkleboutique.com/some-settings-that-work-for-nintendo-64-surreal-64-emulator-on-the-original-xbox/

If the emulator itself isn't working try deleting all the emulator files and replacing them with the emulator EWJ supplies, I had to do this to get it to work at all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Similar Content

    • By IonBlade
      I'm running into an issue where just the following 4 NTSC USA games won't load on original firmware from retail disc (get stuck at the Xbox logo + Microsoft text after putting in the disc), or from hard disk via ISO or extracted files (just go to a black screen where even IGR won't work):
      Chicken Little Shellshock: Nam '67 Without Warning The Suffering: Ties That Bind I'm positive that these are good discs (used for the tests I've run on original firmware) and ISOs that I've ripped / converted myself and validated against Redump hashes (for the ISO loading failures).
      Full details on the setup and things I've tested follow:
      I've got an NTSC 1.2 Xbox, upgraded to a 2TB drive, using the recommended ~937 GB F/G configuration with 64 KB clusters on those partitions, on a StarTech adapter. The drive has been locked, so I can still use stock firmware. Clock capacitor has been removed (and clock time set), and the 5 largest capacitors (3 for CPU / GPU and the two large ones on the lower left / right of the board) have been replaced. An original Xenium chip is installed on firmware 2.3.1, with banks flashed for both EvoX M8+ (modded with EvoTool to add LBA48 support), and iND 5003 (the recent modified version with re-enabled XBL and reboot fix). Using 480i composite video out. The Language is set correctly in the MS dashboard to English, which should work with these 4 games.
      I've got the proper files in place to allow ISO mounting, and all my games are installed via this process:
      Dump disc with a Kreon firmware SH-D163B drive to full ISO Validate the CRC matches the Redump CRC (so I'm sure I have a known good dump and the disc isn't the problem) Extract the files from the Redump format ISO with Xbox Image Browser 2.9 build 0350 Use Qwix to turn the extracted files back into an XISO compatible for hard drive loading Split the XISO, if over 4GB, at 4292870144 bytes into two pieces, and name them gamename.1.iso / gamename.2.iso Throw the ISO into F or G, and run the XBMC4Gamers ISO prep script to put them into a unique subfolder, as well as extract the thumbnail and game name and put them into the launcher XBE that actually mounts the disc files and plays them. This gives me 2 ways to launch my games: I can either launch the ISO from XBMC4Gamers, or I can boot into the Xenium menu with the eject button, choose to launch the stock TSOP, boot into the original dashboard, then put the original disc in and play without any mods whatsoever.
      I have hundreds of games working perfectly this way, but those 4 games won't boot on this Xbox, no matter what I do.
      If I try to launch them through the ISO loading method from XBMC4Gamers the screen just goes black, then stays black indefinitely. IGR no longer works, and I have to hard power down the Xbox.  (The same thing is true if I extract the files to F:\games and try to run the default.xbe.)
      If I try to launch them by booting into the original firmware on TSOP, waiting for the original dashboard to load, then putting the original disc in the tray, the Xbox changes to the Xbox logo screen, with "Microsoft" below the Xbox logo (aka "I've recognized a legit game and I'm loading it"), and then just stays on that screen forever, without actually starting the game. The only thing that will break out of that is ejecting the disc, which takes me back to the dashboard, or powering off.
      I've tried clearing the cache drives before loading these. I've also tried deleting the TDATA and UDATA for those games (as well as backing up all of E and wiping it clean).
      This has me stumped, because:
      I know the discs are good (dumping with a Kreon matches 100% to the Redump ISO as validated by hashes, plus 3 of the 4 look factory new) I know the disc drive can read games fine, as it can load any other original disc I throw at This doesn't appear to be a copy protection thing, because it happens equally when running EvoX M8+ / iND 5003 and loading an ISO or with stock firmware and loading the original disc, and when loading the original disc, we don't even get past the point where the Xbox logo / Microsoft text beneath it leave the screen to hand control over to the game. I know the Xbox is reading the disc, because if I boot into modded, rename E:\TDATA and E:\UDATA to E:\TDATAold and E:\UDATAold, clear cache drives, then shutdown, boot into stock firmware, put the disc in, let the system hang at the Xbox / Microsoft logo, eject the disc to return to the MS dashboard, and then check the Memory tab, the only entry there (as expected) is the one entry for the game I tried to boot, with its correct picture. I can't find any reports on the restored xboxscene forums, here, or reddit claiming that those games had issues booting for anyone else (though they're niche titles, so maybe no one has tried and bothered to post they don't work?), or any sort of Wikipedia article or the like talking about the games with a section mentioning they have issues loading on certain versions of Xboxes, etc. So in lack of that, it makes me think they should work and there's something else I'm missing.
      Any thoughts as to why these and just these 4 games don't work, either through ISO loading, extraction to hard disk, or known good retail disk on retail firmware would be really appreciated - I'm stumped!
    • By fatmedic1337
      Started my Xbox for the firat time in ages. i heard bubblig noise and a strong small hit me. So i pulled out the power cord and opend the Xbox. Could only find some liqud that Smelled stron on the harddrive pleas help.
    • By Marxo
      after a very very long absence from the xbox i would like to bring it back to life and hope to find some support and news here about how things are going in the xbox scene right now.
      Marco

       

Board Life Status


Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.