OGXbox.com

V1.0 EEPROM chip

Petrolhead

1 hour ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

C7C4 as you can (could) see factory solder with no cap/resisor added.

To keep it short. The Cap does not belong there! C7C4 is unpopulated!

I went to go correct myself with an image… but someone already beat me to it 

• Like 1

I would like to fix them both. (these are two diffrent TSOP's.)

Anyone wanna sell me these two TSOP's and two tested/working OpenXenium? (I can paypal)

And I'll follow up the work here.

Thx for the smd position hunting 😊(Ill put them back, if I get the tsop's)

PXL_20240128_193255151.thumb.jpg.c695d82dee2fb74e4226064d4d92700f.jpg

PXL_20240128_194307778.thumb.jpg.5c2fdff816ab600066f11ffd24938fe5.jpg

17 minutes ago, Petrolhead said:

I would like to fix them both. (these are two diffrent TSOP's.)

Anyone wanna sell me these two TSOP's and two tested/working OpenXenium? (I can paypal)

And I'll follow up the work here.

Thx for the smd position hunting 😊(Ill put them back, if I get the tsop's)

PXL_20240128_193255151.thumb.jpg.c695d82dee2fb74e4226064d4d92700f.jpg

PXL_20240128_194307778.thumb.jpg.5c2fdff816ab600066f11ffd24938fe5.jpg

Here's the M29 TSOP:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/155509484752?hash=item2435166cd0:g:T6QAAOSw3IVkOWvs&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAAwHdPlaNBFjk%2FFXMj9cVGe0V8PRfnJbDpIwUmYBaYd2Xxcmigr2boHdYEPpB7fc9YVDNspgxNAXE4MWTDTqYxa67chOGCrQfmffpDr%2FrgcvmV8vm0DFnuUusW2nU1QLA7ZvPLHFu8pP%2F8wVjCu2ZBOJSeheRQcdFcj3N5aqr3ilMgOahs7ZS9fDUdWE%2Fcvs2NgXkDLDYxs%2Bc7mbo2vv46tFV5Q00U0D6lLVvZHfOjrIRL6EGxe%2BBxydWDsr0CT2Ea1Q%3D%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR7LE9ruqYw

I have one OpenXenium built and I can build another one for you tomorrow night if you are interested. :) Are you sure you can solder the TSOP? It requires a decent soldering iron, good flux and magnification is almost essential. It DOES require some soldering experience.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Here's the M29 TSOP:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/155509484752?hash=item2435166cd0:g:T6QAAOSw3IVkOWvs&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAAwHdPlaNBFjk%2FFXMj9cVGe0V8PRfnJbDpIwUmYBaYd2Xxcmigr2boHdYEPpB7fc9YVDNspgxNAXE4MWTDTqYxa67chOGCrQfmffpDr%2FrgcvmV8vm0DFnuUusW2nU1QLA7ZvPLHFu8pP%2F8wVjCu2ZBOJSeheRQcdFcj3N5aqr3ilMgOahs7ZS9fDUdWE%2Fcvs2NgXkDLDYxs%2Bc7mbo2vv46tFV5Q00U0D6lLVvZHfOjrIRL6EGxe%2BBxydWDsr0CT2Ea1Q%3D%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR7LE9ruqYw

I have one OpenXenium built and I can build another one for you tomorrow night if you are interested. :) Are you sure you can solder the TSOP? It requires a decent soldering iron, good flux and magnification is almost essential. It DOES require some soldering experience.

Perfect 🙏

I have a microscope, heat soldering station and a normal soldering iron.

Please hock me up with those two openxenium 😄

I'll pm you about the payment.

Thx for the link, did order the tsop now.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Petrolhead said:

Im gonna fix it at the same time anyway 

Before putting a new one on… please go over the board (front and back) for any solder balls or other that may be shorting out something a normal install shouldn’t cause a malfunction like that.  Hate to see ya fry another chip 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Petrolhead said:

Perfect 🙏

I have a microscope, heat soldering station and a normal soldering iron.

Please hock me up with those two openxenium 😄

I'll pm you about the payment.

Thx for the link, did order the tsop now.

Only problem with ordering a TSOP chip like that is that it is likely to come blank unless it's been removed from an old xbox and if don't you have a programmer you'll have no way to flash it to see if it works.  You'll also need a copy of an original MS bios or a modded bios of your choice to flash on to it.  Since they are from a 1.0, any 1.0 or 1.1 1mb TSOP should work.  I have a spare 1mb sharp at home on a 1.1 board but won't be there until the middle of next month to remove it.  If you're still in need when I get there I'll remove it and send it to you.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Dtomcat18 said:

Before putting a new one on… please go over the board (front and back) for any solder balls or other that may be shorting out something a normal install shouldn’t cause a malfunction like that.  Hate to see ya fry another chip 

@Petrolhead At the risk of posting pointlessly: "What he said." I would like to make this same point also. I would honestly go over the whole boards with alcohol and some brushes and CLEAN those puppies. Then, take a VERY close look at all the solder points on the board (IC legs, SMD components, etc) and make sure nothing is bridging/shorting anything.

Just now, Fringle said:

Only problem with ordering a TSOP chip like that is that it is likely to come blank unless it's been removed from an old xbox and if don't you have a programmer you'll have no way to flash it to see if it works.  You'll also need a copy of an original MS bios or a modded bios of your choice to flash on to it.  Since they are from a 1.0, any 1.0 or 1.1 1mb TSOP should work.  I have a spare 1mb sharp at home on a 1.1 board but won't be there until the middle of next month to remove it.  If you're still in need when I get there I'll remove it and send it to you.

THANK YOU, Fringle. Yes, these chips will be blank and need to be programmed... Maybe @Fringle and I can both send one and you will then have two. Please forgive me for being stupid and not thinking of this. 

2 hours ago, Fringle said:

Will try to remove the old burned one and just go with a OpenX, thx for your support, ill pm you if i need the one you got 🙏

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Petrolhead said:

Update, managed to cancel the TSOP order.

Both cards ae prepped for my two OpenXenium mods when they arrive. (even the board with lose smd's are fully assembled)

Thanks for the support from you all. 

You're saying the loose SMDs have been returned to their designated homes? :) That's pretty much essential! Glad you didn't get a bunch of blank TSOPs. I feel like a dick! That's a perfect example of me posting when I shouldn't! :P

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

You're saying the loose SMDs have been returned to their designated homes? :) That's pretty much essential! Glad you didn't get a bunch of blank TSOPs. I feel like a dick! That's a perfect example of me posting when I shouldn't! :P

Yeah the smd's is home 😁

Ive learned something, no worries 👍

On 1/28/2024 at 12:37 PM, Bowlsnapper said:

resistor-outlined.png

TWO resistors! In addition to the capacitor that Tomcat pointed out. I have marked where they should be mounted. Right above the LPC on the other side. There should be an identical resistor on the left of those two between its own set of vias.

@Dtomcat18 What happened to this console? :(

I think very detailed photos of this motherboard should be posted so they can be examined for more SMD components floating around for whatever reason. I'm scratching my head...

@ChriZz I DID mention it, yes. :)

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Petrolhead said:

Update: didint receive the Openxenium from wiredopposite.com (didint respond on my email either) so be careful when ordering from them.

So Ive had to order from eBay.

To be continued 👍

I'm sorry they ripped you off. That's disappointing. If anybody here would like a Xenium, I am selling them, along with a 3d printed support and 1.6 rebuild. Ebay is perfectly safe though, I'm sure.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Got the mod from @Bowlsnapper (Thank you)

I did try the Xbox that looked good and its a fragged unit (i suspect that the first x-mod was loaded with v1.6 firmware that fried my v1.0 system)

I will check it once more when i get the time.

Salut to all of you who helped me out 🤜🤛

1 hour ago, Petrolhead said:

Got the mod from @Bowlsnapper (Thank you)

I did try the Xbox that looked good and its a fragged unit (i suspect that the first x-mod was loaded with v1.6 firmware that fried my v1.0 system)

I will check it once more when i get the time.

Salut to all of you who helped me out 🤜🤛

The FRAG is occurring without the Xenium, correct?