OGXbox.com

XBL data preservation

dtomcat

18 hours ago, Dtomcat18 said:

spacer.png

You'd need to see what the current security level is.  HIGH or MAXIMUM.  IIRC, the command-line tool, smartctl.exe, that comes with XboxHDM23USB Beta 2, 3 or 4 will tell you when you check the current lock status.  And, Beta 3 and 4 have a menu option to check the lock status of the hard drive that Beta 2 does not have.

When HIGH, either the MASTER or USER password can be used to unlock the hard drive; however, when MAXIMUM only the USER password will work.  The USER password is computed cryptographically using the HDDKey, hard drive model and serial number.

• Thanks 1

On 12/7/2023 at 9:50 PM, Dtomcat18 said:

My HDDs arrived to catalog XBL content. For those that mod or repair OGs… please look into pinecone to catalog content :)   Doing part lol

IMG_8240.jpeg

Thank you for your hard work, time, effort and money you put into this. I know it was a lot of work, and I greatly appreciate it

I'm sorry if it seemed like we were gatekeeping, that's not the intention. All methods we're now using for gathering user keys and unlocking HDDs will be public soon. The original author has to do some writeups, take some screenshots and pass it over to us to get onto Consolemods. I can't promise it will be quick, but we'll get make everything public to help anyone looking to unlock an old drive, or even softmod without a game (when Eaton is able to add User Key re-locking into FatXplorer).

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

There is a seller on UK eBay selling 20 drives for £30. Am waiting for info as to whether he has wiped the drives or not (he says they are all unlocked so it is likely he has). If he hasn't I may grab them and see if I can contribute to the DLC preservation. 

Edited by nikeymikey
  • Like 1

On 12/22/2023 at 6:09 PM, GoTeamScotch said:

This person stopped responding to me on the X-S discord.

As much as I would love to get access to these drives, the only person we have in SoCal is Modzville and he is unable to pick them up.

I just hope someone is able to convince them to dump the drives themselves or get them to someone who's willing to do the work.

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, Harcroft said:

This person stopped responding to me on the X-S discord.

As much as I would love to get access to these drives, the only person we have in SoCal is Modzville and he is unable to pick them up.

I just hope someone is able to convince them to dump the drives themselves or get them to someone who's willing to do the work.

Ill do it... I can drive to San Diego.

• Thanks 1