OGXbox.com

Insignia XBL replacement sign-up opened

zatchbot

3 hours ago, nikeymikey said:

Anybody know if iND Bios blocks live by default and if so how do I disable it? 

If i have to swap bios on this particular xbox then now worries, i can do that if needed.

Found out for myself. Yes it does, I had to swap to an EvoX bios to get this Xbox to connect to the Insignia servers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, nikeymikey said:

Found out for myself. Yes it does, I had to swap to an EvoX bios to get this Xbox to connect to the Insignia servers. 

Use the 5003 ram fix and XBL enabled version. 

Works fine 😁, though I need to use insignias DNS, so if you use other dashboards, if they allow it set them to dashboard for their network setting. (DHCP, Dashboard and Static) This will stop other dashboards overwriting the DNS. (Also set the alt DNS as 8.8.4.4 or 8.8.8.8)

33 minutes ago, Rocky5 said:

Works fine 😁, though I need to use insignias DNS, so if you use other dashboards, if they allow it set them to dashboard for their network setting. (DHCP, Dashboard and Static) This will stop other dashboards overwriting the DNS. (Also set the alt DNS as 8.8.4.4 or 8.8.8.8)

Do you know a handy place to grab that bios or do I have to go to xbins? :)

6 hours ago, Rocky5 said:

Why on earth was there ever an XBL enabled version!?

Hey guys. I have a few questions that I hope can be answered:

1. How are people already registering their consoles? I just today got the email from them talking about the 15th and that they'll notfy me when my code is ready. Are some pople already getting their codes? If so, that's cool. I can wait. Just want to make sure.

2 If I disable "disable XBL login" in X3 ConfigLive, will the X3 bios allow the connection to be made, or do I have to get another bios for online use?

3. I know that the initial setup needs to be done on the MS dash, no problem there. But I know that EvolutionX and UnleashX don't have the ability to set up the DNS properly. I guess XBMC does. How does XBL work with XBMC, though? IS the dash even important, other than for configuring the DNS settings properly? How are networksetting in XBMC even going to be retained once I run a game? Also, I think the game itself handles all XBL negotiations and should work as long as XBL settings are present in the proper place on the HDD, correct?

3 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

1. How are people already registering their consoles? I just today got the email from them talking about the 15th and that they'll notfy me when my code is ready. Are some pople already getting their codes? If so, that's cool. I can wait. Just want to make sure.

2 If I disable "disable XBL login" in X3 ConfigLive, will the X3 bios allow the connection to be made, or do I have to get another bios for online use?

3. I know that the initial setup needs to be done on the MS dash, no problem there. But I know that EvolutionX and UnleashX don't have the ability to set up the DNS properly. I guess XBMC does. How does XBL work with XBMC, though? IS the dash even important, other than for configuring the DNS settings properly? How are networksetting in XBMC even going to be retained once I run a game? Also, I think the game itself handles all XBL negotiations and should work as long as XBL settings are present in the proper place on the HDD, correct?

1. They are using the Insignia Setup Assistant to register (see releases.) You can do the same. At time of writing, there are 5733 invite requests, 700 registered, but only 29 gamertags, so that's probably the devs and their beta testers. We'll start getting ours (maybe) starting in a month or so:

Invites will be randomly allocated based on the pool of registered users. To avoid overloading our infrastructure, invites will be sent in batches.
Invites will begin sending on Tuesday 15th November 2022.

2. I'll try to test this tomorrow.

3. The initial setup is with the Setup Assistant. Then you setup the dashboards thereafter. It talks about the DNS setup on the connect page: https://insignia.live/connect and how to set XBMC as well (see quote below.) 

Some dashboards (EvolutionX and UnleashX) do not support a Dynamic IP with Static DNS combo, and may overwrite your DNS every time they're launched, causing connectivity issues. If you're experiencing connectivity issues in-game, you will need to use their settings to set a static IP and DNS combo, using 46.101.64.175 as your primary DNS and another DNS provider (such as Cloudflare's 1.1.1.1, or Google's 8.8.8.8) as secondary. XBMC will work if it's Network Settings are set to "Default (Dashboard)", as would other dashboards such as LithiumX.

I don't know the answers to the rest of #3 questions. You might try asking in the discord: https://discord.gg/CWkdVdc

Edited by Natetronn

8 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

As far as I know, only devs and testers have codes currently. The Insignia TOS page shows up in the MS dash about 3 pages before you need to enter your activation code.

Try it out and let us know! I would think that would work. The suggestion from Insignia if you have an unsupported bios is to use xblunlock. I assume the correct settings in ConfigLive will have the same outcome.

Insignia recommends m8+. I personally have one box registered and connected with m8+ and a second with Cerbios 2.0.3R. Cerbios is 50/50 on if it will connect to the Insignia service first time. The current work around for Cerbios is flash retail, Cerbios 2.0.2R, or m8+, connect to Insignia first time, flash back Cerbios, test connection.

There is also the new patch of iND with XBL allowed that is floating around. I have no experience but that should work too.

XBMC has a "Default" network setting that can inherit the network settings from the MS Dash. XBMC doesn't "work" with XBL (or any other custom dash that I know of). As long as your dashboard doesn't fight the DNS spoofing that Insignia is doing, the game will make the connections needed. The system retains its own network settings durring gameplay.

Edited by zatchbot

13 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

I'm in the same position with my x3 and having the same issue please lmk if you solve this ❤️

My X3 has the following, X2 and EvoM8 connect successfully using their DNS server. Be careful which banks you flash and measure twice, cut once.

BANK 78       00100     512K    X2 5035.1 
BANK 1234   11000      1MB    X3-BIOS
BANK 5         11010      256K   EvoxM8+live

5 hours ago, Syclopse said:

My X3 has the following, X2 and EvoM8 connect successfully using their DNS server. Be careful which banks you flash and measure twice, cut once.

BANK 78       00100     512K    X2 5035.1 
BANK 1234   11000      1MB    X3-BIOS
BANK 5         11010      256K   EvoxM8+live

Well,all my flash is taken up by 2 X3 BIOSes: one at stock frequency, and one overclocked. I use the overclocking for Halo at 720p and emulation. I use the stock speed one to make sure that games don't run too fast, because it's actually noticeable, even at 778MHZ.

13 hours ago, zatchbot said:

As far as I know, only devs and testers have codes currently. The Insignia TOS page shows up in the MS dash about 3 pages before you need to enter your activation code.

Try it out and let us know! I would think that would work. The suggestion from Insignia if you have an unsupported bios is to use xblunlock. I assume the correct settings in ConfigLive will have the same outcome.

Insignia recommends m8+. I personally have one box registered and connected with m8+ and a second with Cerbios 2.0.3R. Cerbios is 50/50 on if it will connect to the Insignia service first time. The current work around for Cerbios is flash retail, Cerbios 2.0.2R, or m8+, connect to Insignia first time, flash back Cerbios, test connection.

There is also the new patch of iND with XBL allowed that is floating around. I have no experience but that should work too.

XBMC has a "Default" network setting that can inherit the network settings from the MS Dash. XBMC doesn't "work" with XBL (or any other custom dash that I know of). As long as your dashboard doesn't fight the DNS spoofing that Insignia is doing, the game will make the connections needed. The system retains its own network settings durring gameplay.

Okay, I will run the setup executable tomorrow and register my box. I'll get as far as I can.

I will also test the "disable XBL login" in ConfigLive. I'll let you know how it goes.

Yeah, I read up on the XBMC "default" setting on their site. Lets you use DHCP but set the DNS manually. Nifty. 

If worst comes to worst, I'll get some conductive paint and flash the TSOP with the patched M8 BIOS. But I don't think that'll be necessary... theoretically, anyway. If it is, hopefully the M8 works out of the box with my X3 box's HDD layout and what not.Never run anything other than the X3 bios on this particular machine.

7 hours ago, hastings298 said:

I'm in the same position with my x3 and having the same issue please lmk if you solve this ❤️

Will do, buddy. :)

• Like 1

I ran the hacked X3 bios on my first 1.0 when I built it. Iirc I had LBA48 issues when I swapped to a newer bios a few years later. It didn't take me too long to manually move what I needed off the old drive and back on after configured correctly. I only had a 250gb drive though...

Edited by zatchbot

3 hours ago, zatchbot said:

I ran the hacked X3 bios on my first 1.0 when I built it. Iirc I had LBA48 issues when I swapped to a newer bios a few years later. It didn't take me too long to manually move what I needed off the old drive and back on after configured correctly. I only had a 250gb drive though...

That's what I'm afraid of. I would want to be able to use all 3 bioses interchangeably. Might not be possible. But we'll see if it's even necessary in the first place. I'll check in tomorrow with you guys. Waiting on a usb ethernet adapter to tether with my phone... cuz that's what I'm stuck with right now. Once I hook the box up, it's on and crackin'.

You used the hacked 2914 X3 bios? The yoshihiro version? TSOP flash, or on a 1mb modchip?

I'm testing the X3 Config Live (aka X3CL), version X3 3294. This is on a console that's connected to XBL perfectly fine, using two other bioses.

This is where I've got so far:

1. With XBL Login Disable = Enabled, I only get one green circle.
  2. With XBL Login Disable = Disabled, I get three green circles.
  3. I tried running xblunblock.xbe, but it didn't get past one of the patches.

I'm not terribly worried about it, as I'll just run one of the other four bioses I have on this X3 that work fine, but I was curious to see what would happen and I wanted to test if for you all too.

If I get any further I'll update...

Okay, got it working!

In X3CL, you'll need to set the DNS1 and DNS2 per the Connect docs, so 46.101.64.175 and 1.1.1.1 respectively (or whatever you use for your secondary DNS; just match them to the XBL settings you set.) So go into X3CL (hold white button then boot your box) > Settings > Network Setup > Set DNS1 and Set DNS2.

Also, make sure XBL Login Disable is disabled (X3 Config Live > Customize X3 Bios > XBL Login Disable = Disabled)

I tried both DHCP: Enabled and Disabled and it seemed to work fine, either way; it seems it only needs the DNS1/2 set and DHCP is irrelevant, but ymmv, so you might need to set it to DHCP: Disabled (Static) and then Set Static IP, Set Subnet and Set Gateway the match what you have in XBL settings.

Note: I set IP and DNS to manual in XBL and made sure the numbers were correct (if you set IP to auto (maybe after you try to connect one time) you can see your addresses and just jot them down or take a picture or whatever, then switch to manual.) You might be able to keep the IP to auto in XBL, but not sure. For sure you want DNS set to manual (static) and to update it in X3CL.

Edited by Natetronn
Update
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Natetronn said:

I'm testing the X3 Config Live (aka X3CL), version X3 3294. This is on a console that's connected to XBL perfectly fine, using two other bioses.

This is where I've got so far:

1. With XBL Login Disable = Enabled, I only get one green circle.
  2. With XBL Login Disable = Disabled, I get three green circles.
  3. I tried running xblunblock.xbe, but it didn't get past one of the patches.

I'm not terribly worried about it, as I'll just run one of the other four bioses I have on this X3 that work fine, but I was curious to see what would happen and I wanted to test if for you all too.

If I get any further I'll update...

Okay, got it working!

In X3CL, you'll need to set the DNS1 and DNS2 per the Connect docs, so 46.101.64.175 and 1.1.1.1 respectively (or whatever you use for your secondary DNS; just match them to the XBL settings you set.) So go into X3CL (hold white button then boot your box) > Settings > Network Setup > Set DNS1 and Set DNS2.

Also, make sure XBL Login Disable is disabled (X3 Config Live > Customize X3 Bios > XBL Login Disable = Disabled)

I tried both DHCP: Enabled and Disabled and it seemed to work fine, either way; it seems it only needs the DNS1/2 set and DHCP is irrelevant, but ymmv, so you might need to set it to DHCP: Disabled (Static) and then Set Static IP, Set Subnet and Set Gateway the match what you have in XBL settings.

Note: I set IP and DNS to manual in XBL and made sure the numbers were correct (if you set IP to auto (maybe after you try to connect one time) you can see your addresses and just jot them down or take a picture or whatever, then switch to manual.) You might be able to keep the IP to auto in XBL, but not sure. For sure you want DNS set to manual (static) and to update it in X3CL.

God DAMN you. You stole my thunder. 😛

Just got it working a couple hours ago. Looks like we're good on the X3 bios. It was weird to see an "Insignia User Agreement" in the stock dashboard... Cajunga.

Noticed something interesting. After I changed the DNS (or possibly something I'm not remembering) the ticker that runs at the bottom of the XBMC home screen stopped working. That kinda sucks.

• Haha 1