OGXbox.com

Insignia XBL replacement sign-up opened

zatchbot

9 minutes ago, Natetronn said:

Fixed that for you 😉

Here's another x3skin I made, if you're interested: https://github.com/Natetronn/webclean (wait until the 31st for the Special Edition to drop.)

I like it. It looks... modern. I usually don't dig modern but this looks good, man. I think I'm gonna install this right now, actually.

3 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

I like it. It looks... modern. I usually don't dig modern but this looks good, man. I think I'm gonna install this right now, actually.

Thanks! Yeah, the old school ones are cool, but a bit hard for me to see, which is why I made something a bit more simplistic and clean (like a website.) 

I updated the Lite version and will release it and the Special Edition on Monday, if you want to come back for 'em.

2 hours ago, Natetronn said:

Thanks! Yeah, the old school ones are cool, but a bit hard for me to see, which is why I made something a bit more simplistic and clean (like a website.) 

I updated the Lite version and will release it and the Special Edition on Monday, if you want to come back for 'em.

Special Edition?

On 10/28/2022 at 6:30 AM, Bowlsnapper said:

Hey guys. I have a few questions that I hope can be answered:

1. How are people already registering their consoles? I just today got the email from them talking about the 15th and that they'll notfy me when my code is ready. Are some pople already getting their codes? If so, that's cool. I can wait. Just want to make sure.

2 If I disable "disable XBL login" in X3 ConfigLive, will the X3 bios allow the connection to be made, or do I have to get another bios for online use?

3. I know that the initial setup needs to be done on the MS dash, no problem there. But I know that EvolutionX and UnleashX don't have the ability to set up the DNS properly. I guess XBMC does. How does XBL work with XBMC, though? IS the dash even important, other than for configuring the DNS settings properly? How are networksetting in XBMC even going to be retained once I run a game? Also, I think the game itself handles all XBL negotiations and should work as long as XBL settings are present in the proper place on the HDD, correct?

This is awesome! I love the idea of new skins for X3CL. It's an amazing piece of software - it's kind of sad that the "download skins" section or w/e it's called has been offline for years, who knows what cool skins were stored in that online repository! Looking forward to seeing the Special Edition!!

On 10/30/2022 at 11:56 AM, hastings298 said:

This is awesome! I love the idea of new skins for X3CL. It's an amazing piece of software - it's kind of sad that the "download skins" section or w/e it's called has been offline for years, who knows what cool skins were stored in that online repository! Looking forward to seeing the Special Edition!!

I will dig out my X3 box and see what skins I have saved on there. I think last time i used it i had a Win XP skin for X3CL. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nikeymikey said:

I will dig out my X3 box and see what skins I have saved on there. I think last time i used it i had a Win XP skin for X3CL. 

That is wild! I've just been digging through my old skins folders and found 424mb of avalaunch, evolutionx, evolutionxgorillaz (not even sure what that is?) and unleashX skins. Maybe some of these could be adapted for X3? You mention a Win XP skin, well there are Windows Vista (XD) and Windows XP Professional skins in here lol. Some wild stuff.

bootimage.png

menu.png

loading.png

48 minutes ago, hastings298 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.7439a3e0a8be31083849a2be5e5a2bd8.jpegJust

Just digging through them and some of them really make me laugh, they're unironically trashy in a uniquely early 00's way. Amazing.

Yes there were MANY MANY skins out there especially for EvoX that were basically just a wallpaper and a text edit. Thats not a skin in my eyes. Also the amount of early 00's boobies that can be found on Xbox skins from that era is astounding!! 

• Like 1

Hey, guys. I recently upgraded my HDD to a 2TB. Origins F and G, replaced dash and everything. Now I can't connect to insignia. "Could not connect to xbox live." Switched back to my old drive, nada. It's able to connect to the DNS. I am officially freaking out. Did I break something by swapping my drive out? Can anyody else confirm that they are still connecting okay? I'm gonna start a thread because I'm panicking.

On 11/1/2022 at 10:05 AM, nikeymikey said:

Yes there were MANY MANY skins out there especially for EvoX that were basically just a wallpaper and a text edit. Thats not a skin in my eyes. Also the amount of early 00's boobies that can be found on Xbox skins from that era is astounding!! 

That's all an Evox dashboard skin is - a background image and editing the skin.ini file.  Evoxdash has several system variables that can be converted to text to be displayed at the specified location and color assigned to them in the skin.ini file.

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, zatchbot said:

It looks like another round went out this morning. Hopefully yours is there!!

https://twitter.com/Insignia_Live/status/1592869396770586624?t=ztWitLu11eRsyGEGX55J3A&s=19

Indeed. I was part of that 250 they posted about. Online now, gamertag "Bowlsnapper."... and getting my ass HANDED to me in CounterStrike. 😛

I'm a happy panda.

I can add friends in the game, but not in the dash. That a known issue?

• Like 1

I'm having issues connecting my X3 box. I have made sure that the chip isnt blocking live in the X3 bios settings. Have also tried using evox bios. I managed to run through the setup and get an account up and running on this box no worries but when I go into a game it tells me the console cannot connect. 

Anyone got any ideas??