OGXbox.com

Help with XBlast Aladdin upgrade

Bowlsnapper

24 minutes ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Have you installed the VirtualBox tools (or addon what ever it's called?) 

Install the entire suit not just the drivers. May the lib is in there. 

They're installed.... Something is missing... It's a USB driver library

Wish I could ask Ryzee for help. Oh well.

Just now, Bowlsnapper said:

Maybe I should just get the clone that modz is using in his video instead of all this stupid crap.

It's around 50 bucks and you don't need it. And if you buy it you would still need a 10 bucks retro rig down so the road. 

13 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

They're installed.... Something is missing... It's a USB driver library

Noooooooo way? Is it? (Hope you get the joke here since it's maybe unclear).

14 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Wish I could ask Ryzee for help. Oh well.

Do I need to write something about it? I guess no. Hope you learned something. 

What you can do is -> @KaosEngineer . Maybe he can help. 

11 minutes ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

It's around 50 bucks and you don't need it. And if you buy it you would still need a 10 bucks retro rig down so the road. 

Noooooooo way? Is it? (Hope you get the joke here since it's maybe unclear).

Do I need to write something about it? I guess no. Hope you learned something. 

What you can do is -> @KaosEngineer . Maybe he can help. 

Learned something.... sure. Don't make enemies unless it's absolutely necessary? I suppose.

I'll find a retro rig.

And I got the joke.

However, UrJTAG is missing something. the usb filter. however, that still leaves another error.

@KaosEngineer Yes, I DO need help here. Ryzee is the only one among us who has said that he has used UrJTAG to flash a CPLD, as far as I know. I can't ask him for help because I blew him out of the water. I want to do this very much but I am hitting a wall with UrJTAG and am basically only able to resort to the lattice programmer that Modzville used. I think I can use windows 11 if I can get urjtag to work, however. I will get a windows 7 machine anyway so I can be prepared and have compatibility. Could you please, PLEASE help me? I am very very frustrated and discouraged. Maybe I deserve it, I dunno. But I could really use help with this jtag programming crap. I don't know why it's so difficult to do this. There have to be FPGAs being programmed left and right every single day. WTF?

32 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Yes, I DO need help here. Ryzee is the only one among us who has said that he has used UrJTAG to flash a CPLD, as far as I know. 

I  used it but used win7x64. Right now on win10x64 but still have my nvme with 7 in the PC and also have 2 retro PC's with Win98+XP and one with XP + Win 7 x32 (And a a old  10 Euros Toshiba Laptop with Win2K which I use to flash XBit Modchips). 

7 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

I  used it but used win7x64. Right now on win10x64 but still have my nvme with 7 in the PC and also have 2 retro PC's with Win98+XP and one with XP + Win 7 x32 (And a a old  10 Euros Toshiba Laptop with Win2K which I use to flash XBit Modchips). 

I've read that CYGWIN is required, but that didn't get the error messages to go away.

1 hour ago, Dtomcat18 said:

Awesome!  told ya it was easy with the flashcat :)

It's easy with the Altera as well. You just need to know how to use it. ;)

1 hour ago, Bowlsnapper said:

This 7 dollar Aladdin is now an XBlast... Plus the cost of the SST of course. So like 10 dollars. :) @Dtomcat18 @sweetdarkdestiny @ModzvilleUSA

+ The cost of the Flashcat (So 45 bucks all in?). But other than that, good wörk. :)

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

It's easy with the Altera as well. You just need to know how to use it. ;)

+ The cost of the Flashcat (So 45 bucks all in?). But other than that, good wörk. :)

Yes the flashcatusb took a chunk, only about 35, but it made me happy to know that I have the tools to do it now. All on windows 11, thank god ! :)

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, herooftheday said:

I also have a question on it my programmer has not 3.3v only vcc can I use a voltage regulator on it or do I have to mod my programmer?

Gruß

Which programmer are you using?

I'm sure you can pin-out 3.3v from somewhere on the board....or drop voltage from a 5v regulator with a Zener diode.