OGXbox.com

Help with XBlast Aladdin upgrade

Bowlsnapper

I have the Aladdins. I made the jtag cable with 3.3v output utilizing a USB blaster. I managed to get the drivers installed in windows 11. I have the XBlast Aladdin svf file. I have quartus. I have a tl866II. I have the SST flash adapter for the xgecu. I have 1mb flash chips. I should have the software installed for the SST flashing. I have everything. Just don't know how to use the software. Tried urjtag and it just gave me bullshit errors and I don't wanna fuck with it.

What do I do?

@sweetdarkdestiny @KaosEngineer @SS_Dave @ModzvilleUSA

Oh dear. For the USB Blaster drivers you have rename some of the files and copy them to different places in Win 10, not to sure about about Win 11 because I don't use it.  There is a video out on YT how to do it.

You don't flash with the Quartus, you just needed it to get the drivers. 

Check the both .rar files I had gave you ALaddinLCD and Aladdin XBlast. There is basicly everthing you need to now how to flash. Basiscly you can follow Ryzee's AladdinLCD tutorial. It's everthing the same with Aladdin-XBLast just that you use the XBlast file.

For the SST. I have send you a XBlast-Lite with removable SST. Just dump the SST and flash it to your and your Aladdin-XBlast you are good to go,

EDIT: Added the bios for the SST  (512kb bank = Cerb UDMA5 / 256kb bank = Cerb UDMA2 / XBlast OS on the last bank)

[email protected]

Edited by sweetdarkdestiny
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Oh dear. For the USB Blaster drivers you have rename some of the files and copy them to different places in Win 10, not to sure about about Win 11 because I don't use it.  There is a video out on YT how to do it.

You don't flash with the Quartus, you just needed it to get the drivers. 

Check the both .rar files I had gave you ALaddinLCD and Aladdin XBlast. There is basicly everthing you need to now how to flash. Basiscly you can follow Ryzee's AladdinLCD tutorial. It's everthing the same with Aladdin-XBLast just that you use the XBlast file.

For the SST. I have send you a XBlast-Lite with removable SST. Just dump the SST and flash it to your and your Aladdin-XBlast you are good to go,

The drivers are installed... at least they appear to be. :)

The fpga application he used is giving me errors... What's the best way to dump the flash with the lite?

56 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

The drivers are installed... at least they appear to be. :)

I would bet that win11 causes the problems but not to sure. Try a Win 7 x64 VM (Not to sure if you can get it to work in a VM at all). And get a 10 dollar Win XP/7 PC (dang it).

You have read the post above yours? There is a rdy to flash bios setup I attached. Just flash that to the SST and good. (#Read the edit!)

I would bet that win11 causes the problems but not to sure. Try a Win 7 x64 VM (Not to sure if you can get it to work in a VM at all). And get a 10 dollar Win XP/7 PC (dang it).

You have read the post above yours? There is a rdy to flash bios setup I attached. Just flash that to the SST and good. (#Read the edit!)

I sdee your edit now. \

The USB blaster can programm lattice chips. ^^ 

Bowly, do us a favor. Read the git from Ryzee's aladdinLCD. and Kekules Aladdin XBlast github page. There is everthing ( E V E R I T H I N G ) you need to now how to do it. You just need to read it. Ryzee's tut is perfect to follow and you just need to flash the XBlast file instead of the LCD file. Thats it. 

And Modzville has a video about it. And win10/11 are probably the deal breakers here. You don't want to setup a vm, buy an old school rig? Well....

The USB blaster can programm lattice chips. ^^ 

Bowly, do us a favor. Read the git from Ryzee's aladdinLCD. and Kekules Aladdin XBlast github page. There is everthing ( E V E R I T H I N G ) you need to now how to do it. You just need to read it. Ryzee's tut is perfect to follow and you just need to flash the XBlast file instead of the LCD file. Thats it. 

And Modzville has a video about it. And win10/11 are probably the deal breakers here. You don't want to setup a vm, buy an old school rig? Well....

I know they can progrmam the lattice chips, but the latticeisp that modz is using doesn't seem to support a non lattice device. In ryzee's tutorial, he uses urjtag. This will not run without errors and closing... I'm gonna have to install all of this all over again if I set up a windows 7 rig... GOD this sucks, man.

Cannot use the method above since the svf fails to verify... SHIT. Looks like I'm installing windows 7 now.

Yes, he's using a lattice prgrammer clone. But at the end it's pretty much the same for the basics. 

For the rest using the USB Blaster Ryzee's tut will show the way. 

If you are not willing to put some work into it no one can help you. It's retro modding which sometimes need retro tools and retro hardware. 

And sure sometimes modding sucks when you run into walls. How ever, in this case everthing you need to know is out there. The major problem is you running win 11. MAYBE you could wörk around with an bootable linux. 

Yes, he's using a lattice prgrammer clone. But at the end it's pretty much the same for the basics. 

For the rest using the USB Blaster Ryzee's tut will show the way. 

If you are not willing to put some work into it no one can help you. It's retro modding which sometimes need retro tools and retro hardware. 

And sure sometimes modding sucks when you run into walls. How ever, in this case everthing you need to know is out there. The major problem is you running win 11. MAYBE you could wörk around with an bootable linux. 

I have Linux mint... 

Maybe I should just install a virtual machine with 7 for now, in the interest of saving money. Can I just copy the drivers over instead of downloading the entire quartus suite?

7 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Maybe I should just install a virtual machine with 7 for now, in the interest of saving money. 

You could skip buying the latest playboy in favor of buying a 10 bucks oldschool rig. 

8 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Can I just copy the drivers over instead of downloading the entire quartus suite?

Don't tell me you downloaded the suit and deletet it after installing? If so WHY? If not, copy the suit to your VM and install it. 

11 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

I have Linux mint... 

Give it a go. 

Here's a little hint : Altera USB Blaster device ID is 6001 insead of 6010.

17 minutes ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

You could skip buying the latest playboy in favor of buying a 10 bucks oldschool rig. 

Don't tell me you downloaded the suit and deletet it after installing? If so WHY? If not, copy the suit to your VM and install it. 

Give it a go. 

Here's a little hint : Altera USB Blaster device ID is 6001 insead of 6010.

Because if I down loaded the suite just to get the drivers, I've already isolated it. It wasn't even installed with the suite anyway. I didn't delete it, though.

... Dang it sweet. I'm exhausted. :) Could you tell me the simplest way to flash this file with linux. I'm beggin ya! I don't wanna figure out USB passthrough in virtualbox. lol.

Edit. Istalled urjtag in linux. Now for quartus... lets see if I can do this natively... could still use help, because I'm retarded, however.

Just now, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Sry but I can't help you with VirtualBox (Never used it my self) nor flashing in Linux. The only hing I could tell is that Linux assigns a false ID to the Altera USB Blaster as written above. But I would think as you have installed urjtag just choose the flash file and flash it. 

... urjtag is all that's needed? any sort of driver?

I think I give up. I don't have enough linux experience to do this unassisted natively, and getting usb passthrough to work is gonna be a pain. 

Guess I'll just buy another computer.

It's discouraging. But I'm not going to give up. I will flash this fucking CPLD if it's the last thing I do, man. That and flash the file to the SST 1MBchip with the file provided by @sweetdarkdestiny