OGXbox.com

XeniumMods v3.xx SneakPeak!

NeMesiS

7 hours ago, Dtomcat18 said:

IMG_6827.thumb.png.8edc78fb19a7eba3dd8307c8b05ebfae.png

Sorry.  Still kinda drunk lol so picture is better than me typing lol

I used same OS as original.  I chopped up his code for my use (status LEDs)

first LED is programming CPLD with bit bang firmware. Second is writing flash. Third is verifying flash, and fourth is programming CPLD with OX firmware. 

Ooooh okay...

I like the idea of using short and long presses.

Going back to having 3 buttons for different profiles,

EG. Profile 1, Profile 2, Profile 3

Profiles could have different sets of pre-installed bioses within the flash.bin

Short press to program a particular Profile and maybe Long press for dumping firmware's from modchip to that profile.

I guess to make a dump the programmer would first have to dump the CPLD firmware,

then flash BitBang to make a dump of the FLASH.bin then flash CPLD again with the dumped

CPLD firmware to return it back to it's original state.

I only suggest creating dumps as I'm pretty sure I read some notes about it in the code somewhere.

AJFCJaWW9X96EeNrZv-nXMRdpe484LS0p5huJqu7

I've also been giving some thought to how to go about a programmer for multiple modchips.

Using the above draft as a visual aid...

With the available GPIO we could do a programmer for 5x modchips. (Including LEDs)

I figured they could be powered cycled one at a time, where we could have "power" LED

for each of the modchips to show which modchip is currently being programmed.

Plus another couple of LED to show if that particular modchip was programed successfully

or not. Instead of having 3x LEDs for each modchip we could just use an RGB LED.

EG. Blue = Programming, Green = Passed, Red = Failed

Also Green (Successful Program) and Red (Failed Program) will persist after the programmer

has power cycled to the next modchip. For example once the programmer has completed

programming all 5x modchips and say modchip no.3 failed. Modchip no.3's LED will be RED

whereas all the others will be Green.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Dtomcat18 said:

ChatGPT is something else.  Code looks good to me.  Probably close to what I did.  I did make changes to the underlying code and how it compiles. 

Yes.  Just those pins to ground.  Here is my install:

IMG_6396.jpeg

Great thanks...

I was exhausted yesterday, I worked from 9am to 2am... Some 17 hours...

I'll make some changes to the PCB design and post my results shortly.

1 hour ago, Donnie-Burger said:

Really looking forward to the hdmi option especially since Dustin did the force $160+ hand.   Anything you need as far as hdmi let me know I can test all models since I have all version motherboards in all the time.  Keep up the top notch work bro!

Much appreciated, thanks for your support...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dtomcat18 said:

Looks nice!

Thanks...

Going back to the programmer...

Did you use RPi OS Lite or something?

I was thinking of using that and making a script that will run on boot to initiate the process.

I'm assuming you did something similar?

EDIT: I need to buy a mini HDMI cable before I can play around with it...

Hang on... It's been a while since I last used a RPi... There's RPi imager

which will allow me to setup a network so I can SSH...

Edited by NeMesiS
  • Like 1

AJFCJaWl8iIrbYTdMbSNcyE_x9tWuZtle40MJ8WW

We have a prototype design for the XeniumHD+

I wasn't going to include pads on the top side but thought it might be handy to do so.

There are 3 connectors on the underside. 3pin to SPD module, 6pin to Xenium modchip

and a 5pin for programming. There's 5v coming in from both the SPD and modchip.

As a safety precaution I gave both inputs a diode to prevent voltage from passing through the device.

I'm still undecided about the 6pin connector going to the modchip but it kinda just works with both designs.

Alternatively, I could just go with a 3 or 2pin connector but then we will be doubling up on connectors on

the same PCB which I wanted to avoid preventing things getting plugged up incorrectly.

And changing connectors at this stage would require a bit of time reworking the designs to suit.

Thoughts?

Over the next couple hours I'll be touching up the last few things on the designs so that I can

order the next batch of prototypes and whatever components I need to hand assemble a couple.

If everything goes well, I'll order a small test batch from my PCB assembler which I'll hand out for testing.

• Like 9

The work you’re doing to keep the OG alive and give us some options is amazing mate. Keep going, you’re doing amazing and I can’t wait to give these a try.

if I can help in any way with testing, I’m UK based and I know I’ll be way down on your list but the option is there. Happy to pay for the items etc, I don’t expect any freebies :)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NeMesiS said:

AJFCJaWl8iIrbYTdMbSNcyE_x9tWuZtle40MJ8WW

We have a prototype design for the XeniumHD+

6pin to Xenium modchip

If I read this, I would think your HD+ needs the xenium chip in order to work like the stellar hd+ does it.

But I see 2 solder pads for SDA and SDA, so my question is: can your HD+ also work stand alone?

edit: made my comment more clear.

Edited by Dempsey_86

Thanks guys,

@Dempsey_86The Xenium modchip is optional, it just passes through SCL, SDA, GND and 5v.

So, the HDMI mod can be installed as a standalone device.

The pads are just a "backup" option for installation, I tried to match the pads on the bottom left

corner so the "Stellar Link" could be soldered, that's as much support I'm adding for Stellar.

We still might use a DIY cable (connector on one end) for SCL and SDA with standalone installations.

Instead of adding another 2pin connector to the HDMI mod we can reuse the 6pin connector that goes

to the modchip by making the DIY cable with a 6pin connector but with just 2 wires for SCL and SDA.

(I hope that makes sense...)

As for the StellarHD+ the MCU has been relocated over to the modchip so it's impossible for the HD+ mod

to be a standalone device.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, NeMesiS said:

Thanks guys,

The Xenium modchip is optional, it just passes through SCL, SDA, GND and 5v.

Thanks for designing it as a standalone.  I'm sure there are many people who already have modchips that will appreciate they dont need to go out and buy a different modchip just to make it work.

A question I do have is will you need to run a patched bios?  I know the XboxHD+ used a patched M8+ bios.  If you need a patched bios, it may be a good idea to get in touch with the Cerbios team.  Im sure they would be willing to work with you on it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, RMM said:

Thanks for designing it as a standalone.  I'm sure there are many people who already have modchips that will appreciate they dont need to go out and buy a different modchip just to make it work.

No problem...

11 minutes ago, RMM said:

A question I do have is will you need to run a patched bios?  I know the XboxHD+ used a patched M8+ bios.  If you need a patched bios, it may be a good idea to get in touch with the Cerbios team.  Im sure they would be willing to work with you on it.

At the moment I'm trying to focus on hardware, I'll know more once I have a working prototype.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NeMesiS said:

Thanks guys,

@Dempsey_86The Xenium modchip is optional, it just passes through SCL, SDA, GND and 5v.

The pads are just a "backup" option for installation, I tried to match the pads on the bottom left

corner so the "Stellar Link" could be soldered, that's as much support I'm adding for Stellar.

We still might use a DIY cable (connector on one end) for SCL and SDA with standalone installations.

Instead of adding another 2pin connector to the HDMI mod we can reuse the 6pin connector that goes

to the modchip by making the DIY cable with a 6pin connector but with just 2 wires for SCL and SDA.

(I hope that makes sense...)

Thank you for attempting to maximize compatibility with stellar. :) It's not a pretty thing, but some people are using it.

As for the StellarHD+ the MCU has been relocated over to the modchip so it's impossible for the HD+ mod

to be a standalone device.

Leave it to Dustin to pull some lockout, Apple-ass shit like that. I KNEW he was gonna do something like that in anticipation of competition.

Fuckin' pussy.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NeMesiS said:

Assume A HDMI that's not locked to a mod chip or a bios

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

3 hours ago, RMM said:

Exactly. God damn MakeMHZ...

3 hours ago, RMM said:

That's some Dustin shit. I'm sure that if there is a patch, it will be open to everyone. Patched bioses will quickly and, by default, make their rounds and be distributed. It won't be an issue. :)

• Like 1

In general, I think it's best to keep things modular.

Again I want to point out that my focus is hardware and that

I am only one man so I have a limit as to what I spend my time on.

I think the OGXbox community as a whole could do things a lot better than I can on my own.

For example in regards to Xenium based modchips we got the OpenXenium Firmware by Ryzee119.

Now we got people working on new OS and we have the team working on Cerbios.

In regards to the HDMI mod, one option is to continue Ryzee's OpenSource project:

XboxHDMI-Ryzee119/src at master · Ryzee119/XboxHDMI-Ryzee119 · GitHub

Quote: "This is a 'working' but unfinished prototype. I don't plan to improve this further."

Quote: "This should only really be a starting point to make something better."

Obviously, this will need some work...

But we have a second option...

• Like 2

On 6/18/2023 at 3:32 AM, NeMesiS said:

I think iND-BiOS works I just did an install for a customer and I used it. (XBoxHD+ non-stellar version)

But the customer wanted to tinker so I left some stuff for him to tinker with.

Were there any special steps to get this working? I am also using an HD+. I get a black screen after the flubber and splash.

Very interested to see how this goes, I'm over in NZ, not in Oz unfortunately, but would be interested in trying out some of this given the limited alternatives that are currently available and/or the very beta status of some of them.

FWIW - there is/was a patch for the Xecuter2 BIOS to enable the HD+ to work as well but yeah, if we can get the various teams to work together to support these solutions then everyone wins.

• Thanks 1

In general, I think it's best to keep things modular.

Again I want to point out that my focus is hardware and that

I am only one man so I have a limit as to what I spend my time on.

I think the OGXbox community as a whole could do things a lot better than I can on my own.

For example in regards to Xenium based modchips we got the OpenXenium Firmware by Ryzee119.

Now we got people working on new OS and we have the team working on Cerbios.

In regards to the HDMI mod, one option is to continue Ryzee's OpenSource project:

XboxHDMI-Ryzee119/src at master · Ryzee119/XboxHDMI-Ryzee119 · GitHub

Quote: "This is a 'working' but unfinished prototype. I don't plan to improve this further."

Quote: "This should only really be a starting point to make something better."

Obviously, this will need some work...

But we have a second option...

An OS is being worked on? Like, X3 status?

• Like 1